- Volume 15 Issue 3
Safe navigation is closely related to the fatigue of marine officers. Also, the fatigue of duty officer can cause serious marine accidents. In this study, the documentary survey about the marine officers' working environments, fatigue factors and symptoms was conducted. And the questionnaire survey which is related to the fatigue analysis factors such as sleepiness, mental physical workload and alcohol for apprentice officers was carried out, and the results of questionnaire survey were analyzed. Lastly, on the basis of this study, the fatigue analysis model was suggested in order to assess the marine officers' performance in the future.
선박을 운항하는 항해사의 피로도(Fatigue)는 안전항해와 매우 밀접한 관계를 가지고 있다. 또한, 당직항해사의 피로는 중대한 해양사고를 초래할 수 있다. 본 연구에서는 항해사의 근무환경, 피로유발요인 및 피로증세 등에 대하여 문헌조사를 실시하였다. 그리고 실습항해사를 대상으로 졸음, 정신적 육체적 작업부하도에 대한 피로도 관련 설문조사를 실시하고 그 결과를 분석하였다. 마지막으로 이와 같은 피로도 조사 및 설문조사 분석결과를 바탕으로 항해사의 피로도 분석항목을 선정하고 이를 기반으로 향후 항해사의 업무수행능력을 평가하기 위한 피로도 분석모델을 제안하였다.
- IMO(2001), MSC/Circ.1014, Guidence on Fatigue Mitigation and Management, pp. 4-28.
- Mitler, M. M. and J. C. Miller(1996), Methods of testing for sleepiness, Behavioral Medicine, 21, pp. 171-183. https://doi.org/10.1080/08964289.1996.9933755
- Parker, A. W., L. M. Hubinger, S. Green, L. Sargent, and R. Boyd(1997), A survey of the health, stress and fatigue of Australian Seafarers, Australian Maritime safety Authority, Australia. pp. 14-25.
- Pollard J. K., E. D. Sussman, and M. Stearns(1990), Shipboard Crew Fatigue, Safety and Reduced Manning. Roport No. DOT-MA-RD-840-90014, John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Massachusetts, United States. pp. 1-18.
- Rosental, L., T. A. Roehrs, A. Rosen, and T. Roth(1993), Level of sleepiness and total sleep time following various time in bed conditions, Sleep, 16(3), pp. 226-232. https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/16.3.226
- Sanquist, T. F., M. Raby, A. I. Maloney and A. B. Carvalhais (1996), Fatigue and Alertness in Merchant Marine Personal: A Field Study Of Work and Sleep Pattems(USCG Report No. CG-D-06-97), Washington DC, US Coast Guard(AD-A322126), pp. 11-32.
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada(1997), A Guide for Investigating for Fatigue. Canada. pp. 26-38.
- USCG(1998), Report No. CG-D-10-99, "Crew Fatigue and Performance on U.S. Coast Guard Cutters", pp. 5-31.
- USCG(1996), Cutter crewing study team report, Washington DC: US Coast Guard Offic of Raw Enforcement and Defence Operations, pp. 11 -25.
- Yoss, R. E.(1969), The sleepy driver: a test to measure ability to maintain alertness, Mayo Clinic Proc., 44, pp. 769-783.