- Volume 15 Issue 3
Safe navigation is closely related to the fatigue of marine officers. Also, the fatigue of duty officer can cause serious marine accidents. In this study, the documentary survey about the marine officers' working environments, fatigue factors and symptoms was conducted. And the questionnaire survey which is related to the fatigue analysis factors such as sleepiness, mental physical workload and alcohol for apprentice officers was carried out, and the results of questionnaire survey were analyzed. Lastly, on the basis of this study, the fatigue analysis model was suggested in order to assess the marine officers' performance in the future.
- IMO(2001), MSC/Circ.1014, Guidence on Fatigue Mitigation and Management, pp. 4-28.
- Mitler, M. M. and J. C. Miller(1996), Methods of testing for sleepiness, Behavioral Medicine, 21, pp. 171-183. https://doi.org/10.1080/08964289.1996.9933755
- Parker, A. W., L. M. Hubinger, S. Green, L. Sargent, and R. Boyd(1997), A survey of the health, stress and fatigue of Australian Seafarers, Australian Maritime safety Authority, Australia. pp. 14-25.
- Pollard J. K., E. D. Sussman, and M. Stearns(1990), Shipboard Crew Fatigue, Safety and Reduced Manning. Roport No. DOT-MA-RD-840-90014, John A. Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Massachusetts, United States. pp. 1-18.
- Rosental, L., T. A. Roehrs, A. Rosen, and T. Roth(1993), Level of sleepiness and total sleep time following various time in bed conditions, Sleep, 16(3), pp. 226-232. https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/16.3.226
- Sanquist, T. F., M. Raby, A. I. Maloney and A. B. Carvalhais (1996), Fatigue and Alertness in Merchant Marine Personal: A Field Study Of Work and Sleep Pattems(USCG Report No. CG-D-06-97), Washington DC, US Coast Guard(AD-A322126), pp. 11-32.
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada(1997), A Guide for Investigating for Fatigue. Canada. pp. 26-38.
- USCG(1998), Report No. CG-D-10-99, "Crew Fatigue and Performance on U.S. Coast Guard Cutters", pp. 5-31.
- USCG(1996), Cutter crewing study team report, Washington DC: US Coast Guard Offic of Raw Enforcement and Defence Operations, pp. 11 -25.
- Yoss, R. E.(1969), The sleepy driver: a test to measure ability to maintain alertness, Mayo Clinic Proc., 44, pp. 769-783.