- Volume 11 Issue 3
Recently, due to the advanced technologies of mobile devices and wireless communication, there are many studies on telematics and LBS(location-based service) applications. because moving objects usually move on spatial networks, their locations are updated frequently, leading to the degradation of retrieval performance. To manage the frequent updates of moving objects' locations in an efficient way, a new distributed grid scheme, called DS-GRID (distributed S-GRID), and k-NN(k-nearest neighbor) query processing algorithm was proposed. However, the result of k-NN query processing technique may be invalidated as the location of query and moving objects are changed. Therefore, it is necessary to study on continuous k-NN query processing algorithm. In this paper, we propose both MCE-CKNN and MBP(Monitoring in Border Point)-CKNN algorithmss are S-GRID. The MCE-CKNN algorithm splits a query route into sub-routes based on cell and seproves retrieval performance by processing query in parallel way by. In addition, the MBP-CKNN algorithm stores POIs from the border points of each grid cells and seproves retrieval performance by decreasing the number of accesses to the adjacent cells. Finally, it is shown from the performance analysis that our CKNN algorithms achieves 15-53% better retrieval performance than the Kolahdouzan's algorithm.
- 김영창, 김영진, 장재우, "대용량 이동객체의 위치정보 관리를 위한 S-GRID를 이용한 분산 그리드 기법", 한국공간정보시스템학회 논문지, 10권, 4호, 2008, pp. 11-19.
- M. Kolahdouzan, C. Shahabi, "Voronoi-based k Nearest Neighbor Search for Spatial Network Databases", In Proc. of VLDB, 2004, pages 840-851.
- X. Huang, C.S. Jensen, S. Saltenis, "The Islands Approach to Nearest Neighbor Querying in Spatial Networks", In Proc. of SSTD 2005, LNCS 3633, 2005, pp. 73-90.
- 김용기, 니하드 카림 초우더리, 이현조, 장재우, "공간 네트워크 데이터베이스에서 실체화 기법을 이용한 범위 및 k-최근접 질의처리 알고리즘", 한국공간정보시스템학회 논문지, 9권, 2호, 2007, pp. 67-79.
- X. Huang, C.S. Jensen, H. Lu, S. Saltenis, "S-GRID: A Versatile Approach to Efficient Query Processing in Spatial Networks", In Proc. of SSTD 2007, LNCS 4605, 2007, pp. 93-111.
- M.R. Kolahdouzan, C. Shahabi, "Continuous K Nearest Neighbor Queries in Spatial Network Databases", In Proc. of STDBM, 2004, pp. 33-40.
- Z. Song, N. Roussopoulos, "K-Nearest Neighbor Search for Moving Query Point", In Proc. of SSTD, 2001, pp. 79-96.
- T. Brinkhoff, "A Framework for Generating Network-Based Moving Objects", In Proc. of GeoInformatica, 2002, pp. 153-180.