- Volume 5 Issue 3
The recent Web service field emerges as the fastest growing IT paradigm as a result of the increasing interest in SOA (Services-Oriented Architecture) and the expansion of B2B market. With an increasing number of Web service that provide similar features, it becomes more important to provide the most appropriate service for the user's request. A service user in general requires the quality information of Web service when selecting a service among a number of similar Web services. Yet, finding a service through UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration) does not consider the non-functional aspects of users because it is only based on the functional aspects. That is, the quality, non-functional aspect will be an important factor for the mutual success of the user and provider. Using 3 factors in the Qos factors of the existing studies: the execution cost, reliability, and the quality level, the QoS of Web service is saved and the factors for the QoS are recorded in order to consider non-functional factors when selecting a Web service in this study. The Quality Broker determines the rank and shows the desired result of the service for users. The Quality Broker suggested in this thesis can be used to select a Web Service that considers the user-oriented and non-functional factors.
Web Service;Quality Broker;QoS;non-functional attribute
- S. Ran, "A model for web services discovery with QoS", ACM SIGecom Exchanges, Vol.4, Issue.1, Spring. 2003, pp1-10. https://doi.org/10.1145/844357.844360
- Ovum, "Web Services Marker Overview", Ovum Research report, Sept. 2002
- Nilo Mitra, "SOAP Version 1.2 Part 0: Primer", W3C Recommendation, 24. June. 2003.
- Julian Day, "Selection the Best Web Service" Proceedings of the 2003-2004 Grad Symposium, CS Dept, University of Saskatchewan, 7-8. April. 2004.
- Roberto Chinnici, Martin Gudgin Jean-Jacques Moreau, Jeffrey Schlimmer, Sanjiva Weerawarana "Web Services Description Language(WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 1:Core Language", W3C Working Draft, 3. August. 2004.
- M. Tian, A. Cramm, H. Ritter, and J. Schiler, "Efficient Selection and Monitoring of QoS-aware Web Services with the WS-QoS Framework", The 2004 IEEE/WIC/ACM International conference on Web Intelligence https://doi.org/10.1109/WI.2004.10084
- M. Tian, A. Gramm, T. Naumowicz, H. Ritter, J. Schiller, "A Concept for QoS Integration in Web Service", Web Information Systems Engineering Workshops 2003, Proceedings Fourth International Conference on, 13. Dec. 2003, pp149-155.
- Y. Liu, A H. H. Ngu, Texa State University, L. Zeng, IBM T. J. Wastson Research Center, "QoS Computation and Policing in Dynamic Web Service Selection", The Thirteenth International World Wide Web Conference, May. 2004, pp66, 17-22.
- "Web Service Architecture" W3C Working Group Note, 11. February. 2004.
- J. O'Sullivan, D. Edmond, and A. ter Hofstede. What's in a Service? Distributed and Parallel Databases, 12(2-3):117-133, September 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1016547000822
- T.Bellwood, et al., "UDDI Version 3.0 Published Specification", July, 2002.(http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm)
- S. Rogers, "Web Services Software 2004-2008 forecast", IDC, Apr. 2004.
- C.Patel, K. Supekar and Y.Lee, "A QoS Oriented Framework for adaptive Management of Web Service based Workflows", LNCS, VOl.2736, Sept. 2003, pp826-835.
- L. Aversano, G. Canfora and A. Ciampi, "An algorithm for Web Service discobery through their composition", Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICWS.2004.1314755
- A study on scalable information matching system based on web service information vol.10, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11416-014-0204-0