- Volume 10 Issue 5
This paper presents an approach to detect arrhythmia using heart rate variability and a fuzzy neural network. The proposed algorithm diagnoses arrhythmia using 32 RR-intervals that are 25 seconds on average. We extract six statistical values from the 32 RR-intervals, which are used to input data of the fuzzy neural network. This paper uses the neural network with weighted fuzzy membership functions(NEWFM) to diagnose arrhythmia. The NEWFM used in this algorithm classifies normal and arrhythmia. The performances by Tsipouras using the 48 records of the MIT-BIH arrhythmia database was below 80% of SE(sensitivity) and SP(specificity) in both. The detection algorithm of arrhythmia shows 88.75% of SE, 82.28% of SP, and 86.31% of accuracy.
- T. H. Linh, S. Osowski, and M. Stodolski, 'On-Line Heart Beat Recognition Using Hermite Polynomials and Neuro-Fuzzy Network', IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1224-1231, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2003.816841
- R. Silipo and C. Marchesi, 'Artificial Neural Networks for Automatic ECG Analysis', IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 1417-1425, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.668803
- K. Minami, H. Nakajima, and T. Toyoshima, 'Real-Time Discrimination of Ventricular Tachyarrhythmia with Fourier-Transform Neural Network', IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 176-185, 1999.
- L.-Y. Shyu, Y.-H. Wu, and W. Hu, 'Using wavelet transform and fuzzy neural network for VPC detection from the holter ECG', IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 51, Issue 7, pp. 1269-1273, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2004.824131
- Forslund L, Bjorkander I, Ericson M, Held C, Kahan T, Rehnqvist N, Hjemdahl P., 'Prognostic implications of autonomic function assessed by analyses of catecholamines and heart rate variability in stable angina pectoris'. Heart (British Cardiac Society) 87, pp. 415-22, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1136/heart.87.5.415
- Bigger JT, Fleiss JL, Rolintzky LM., 'Frequency domain measures of heart period variability to assess risk late after myocardial' Am J Cardiol 27, pp. 729-36, 1993.
- La Rovere MT, Bigger JT, Marcus FI., 'Baroreflex sensitivity and heart rate variability in prediction of total cardiac mortality after myocardial infarction' Lancet 14, pp. 478-84, 1998.
- Markos G. Tsipouras, Dimitrios I. Fotiadis, 'Automatic arrhythmia detection based on time and time-frequency analysis of heart rate variability', Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 74. pp. 95-108, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2607(03)00079-8
- R. Mark and G. Moody, “MIT-BIH arrhythmia database directory', Mass. Inst. of Tech. (MIT), 1988.
- J. S. Lim, D. Wang, Y.-S. Kim, and S. Gupta, “A neuro-fuzzy approach for diagnosis of antibody deficiency syndrome,” Neurocomputing 69, Issues 7-9, pp. 969-974, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2005.06.009
- 임준식, 가중 퍼지 소속함수 기반 신경망을 이용한 Wisconsin Breast Cancer 예측 퍼지규칙의 추출, 한국정보처리학회, 제11-B권, 제6호, pp. 717-722, 2004.
- J. S. Lim and S. Gupta, 'Feature Selection Using Weighted Neuro-Fuzzy Membership Functions', The 2004 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence(IC-AI'04), Vol. 1, pp.261-266, 2004.
- Pan J and Tompkins WJ, 'A Real-Time QRS Detection Algorithm', IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 230-236, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.1985.325532