- Volume 34 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on Microbiochip for Buccal Cell Lysis and DNA Purification
상피세포 시료 전처리용 마이크로바이오칩에 관한 연구
- Ha, Seung-Mo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Cho, Woong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Ahn, Yoo-Min (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Hwang, Seung-Yong (Division of Molecular and Life Science, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2009.07.13
- Accepted : 2010.10.10
- Published : 2010.12.01
This paper describes a separable microfluidic device fabricated with PDMS (polydimethylsiloxane) and glass. The device is used for sample preparation involving cell lysis and the DNA purification process. The cell lysis was performed for 2 min at
Microbiochip;Sample Preparation;Cell Lysis;DNA Purification
- Elizabeth, Y. H., Mather, L and Bell, J. L., 2002, "MEMS-Based Sample Preparation for Molecular Diagnosis," Anal Bioanal Chem, Vol. 371, pp. 49-65.
- Schilling, E. A., Kamholz, A. E. and Yager, P., 2002, "Cell Lysis and Protein Extraction in a Microfluidic Device with Detection by a Fluorogenic Enzyme Assay," Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 74, pp. 1798-1804. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac015640e
- Lee, D. W and Cho, Y.-H., 2008, "A Continuous Electrical Cell Lysis Chip Using a DC Bias Voltage for Cell Disruption and Electroosmotic Flow," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 32, No. 10, pp. 831-835.
- Ke, C., Kelleher, A.-M., Berney, H., Sheehan, M. and Mathewson, A., 2007, "Single Step Cell Lysis/PCR Detection of Escherichia Coli in an Independently Controllable Silicon Microreactor," Sensors and Actuators B, Vol. 120, pp.538-544 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2006.03.019
- De Mello, A. J. and Bread, N., 2003, "Dealing with Real Samples: Sample Pre-Treatment in Microfluidic Systems," Lab Chip, Vol. 3, pp. 11N-19N. https://doi.org/10.1039/b301019h
- Witek, M. A., Liopis, S. D., Wheatley, A., McCarley, R. L. and Soper, S. A., 2006, "Purification and Preconcentration of Genomic DNA from Whole Cell Lysates Using Photoactivated polycarbonate (PPC) Microfluidic Chips," Nucleidic Acids Research, Vol. 34, No. 10, Article No. e74.
- Lee, C.-Y., Lee, G.-B., Lin, J.-L., Huang, F.-C. and Liao, C.-S., 2005, "Integrated Microfluidic Systems for Cell Lysis, Mixing/Pumping and DNA Amplification," J. Micromech. Microeng. Vol. 15, pp. 1215-1223. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/15/6/011
- Yang, J., Liu, Y., Rauch, C. B., Stevens, R. L., Lui, R. H., Lenigk, R. and Grodzinski, P., 2002, "High Sensitivity PCR Assay in Plastic Micro Reactors," Lab Chip, Vol. 2, pp.179-187 https://doi.org/10.1039/b208405h
- Shin, Y. S., Cho, K. C., Lim, S. H., Chung, S., Park, S.-J., Chung, C., Han, D.-C. and Chang, J. K., 2003, "PDMS-Based Micro PCR Chip with Parylene Coating," J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 13, pp.768-774 https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/13/5/332
- Cho, C.-H., Cho, W., Ahn, Y. and Hwang, S.Y., 2006, "PDMS/Glass Serpentine Microchannel Chip for PCR with Bubble Suppression in Sample Injection," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 30, No. 10, pp. 1261-1268.