- Volume 34 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Self-Sensing Actuator Using an Ion-Polymer Metal Composite Based on a Neural Network Model
뉴럴네트워크 모델 기반의 IPMC 셀프 센싱 액추에이터
- Yoon, Jong-Il (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan.) ;
- Truong, Dinh Quang (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan.) ;
- Ahn, Kyoung-Kwan (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan.)
- Received : 2010.07.05
- Accepted : 2010.10.20
- Published : 2010.12.01
We develop an IPMC actuator with self-sensing behavior based on an accurate neural network model (NNM). The supplied voltage and voltage signals measured at two determined points on both sides of the IPMC sheet are used as inputs to the NNM. A CCD laser displacement sensor is installed in the rig for accurate measurement of the IPMC tip displacement that is used as the training output of the proposed NNM. Consequently, the NNM model is used to estimate the IPMC tip displacement; the NNM parameters are optimized by the collected input/output training data. The effectiveness of the model for the IPMC actuator is then verified by modeling results.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Chen, Z., Kwon, K. Y. and Xiaobo, T., 2008, "Integrated IPMC/PVDF Sensory Actuator and Its Validation in Feedback Control," Sensor and Actuator A: Physical, Vol. 144, No. 2, pp. 231-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2008.01.023
- Bandopadhya, D. and Njuguna, J., 2009, "Estimation of Bending Resistance of Polymer Metal Composite (IPMC) Actuator Following Variable Parameters Pseudo-Rigid Body Model," Material Letter, Vol. 63, No. 9-10, pp. 745-747. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2008.12.048
- Chen, Z. and Tan, X., 2008, "A Control- Oriented and Physics-Based Model for Ionic Polymer–Metal Composite Actuators," IEEE/ASME Transaction on Mechanics, Vol. 13, pp. 519-529. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2008.920021
- Ba-Cohen, Y., 2001, "Electro-active Polymer (EAP) Actuators as Artificial Muscles–Reality," Potential and Challenges, Spie Press
- Yamakita, M., Kamamichi, N., Kozuki, T., Asaka, K. and Zhi-Wei, L., 2005, "A Snake-Like Swimming Robot Using IPMC Actuator and Verification of Doping Effect," Proceeding of IEEE/RSJ International Conference, August, pp. 2035-2040.
- Lavu, B.C., Schoen, M.P. and Mahajan, A., 2005, "Adaptive Intelligent Control of Ionic Polymer –Metal Composites," Smart Materials & Structure, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 466-474. https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/14/4/002
- Tung, N.T., Khanh, N.V., Youngtai, Y. and Goo, N.S., 2006, "A Novel Polymeric Micropump Based on a Multilayered Ionic Polymer–Metal Composite," Proceeding of IECON–32nd Annual Conference, November, pp. 4888-4893.
- Yun, K. S. and Kim, W. J., 2006, "Microscale Position Control of an Electroactive Polymer Using an Anti-Windup Scheme," Smart Materials & Structure, Vol. 15, pp. 924-930. https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/15/4/004
- Guo, S., Shi, L. and Asaka, K., 2008, "IPMC Actuator-Sensor Based a Biomimetic Underwater Microrobot with 8 Legs," Proceeding of ICAL 2008. IEEE International Conference, September, pp. 2495-2500.
- Bonomo, C., Brunetto, P., Fortuna, L., Giannone, P., Graziani, S. and Strazzeri, S., 2008, "A Tactile Sensor for Biomedical Applications Based on IPMCs," IEEE Sensors, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp. 1486-1493. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2008.920723
- Jung, H. and Gweon, D. G., 2000, "Creep Characteristics of Piezoelectric Actuators," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 71, pp. 1896-1900. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1150559