- Volume 34 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Sound Quality Evaluation Based on the Mahalanobis Distance for the Interior Noise of Driving Vehicles with Various the Tire Type
타이어 종류에 따른 차량 실내 소음의 Mahalanobis Distance 를 이용한 음질인덱스 구축
- Jeong, Jae-Eun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Yang, In-Hyung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Goon-Dong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, You-Yub (Division of Automotive Mechanical Engineering, Gunsan, Howon Univ.) ;
- Oh, Jae-Eung (School of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul, Hanyang Univ.)
- 정재은 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 양인형 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박군동 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 이유엽 (호원대학교 자동차기계공학과) ;
- 오재응 (한양대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.10.08
- Published : 2010.12.01
The reduction of vehicle interior noise has been the main interest of NVH engineers. The driver's perception of the vehicle noise is strongly affected by the psychoacoustic characteristics of the noise and the SPL. The existing methods to evaluate the SQ for vehicle interior noise are linear regression analysis of subjective SQ metrics by statistics and the estimation of subjective SQ values by neural network. However, these methods strongly depend on jury tests, this leads to difficulties. To reduce the important of the jury tests, we suggest a new method using the Mahalanobis distance for SQ evaluation. And, the optimal characteristic values that influenced the results of sound quality evaluation on the basis by main effect. Finally, we developed a new method based on the MD method to evaluate sound quality. The result of noise evaluation revealed that the sound quality could be well improved by changing the structural characteristics of the vehicle.
Sound Quality Index;Mahalanobis Distance
- Blommer, M., Eden, A. and Amman, S., 2005, “Sound Quality Metric Development and Application for Impulsive Engine Noise,” SAE 2005 Noise and Vibration Conference and Exhibition, 2005-01-2482.
- Cho, C. H., Kim, T. W. and Oh, J. E., 1995, “A Study on the Characteristics Analysis of Transmission Path for Vibration/Noise of Automobile,” Annual autumn conference of the KSAE, pp. 365-371.
- Park, S. G. and Oh, J. E., 2007, “Transfer Path Analysis and Interior Noise Estimation of the Road Noise Using Multi-dimensional Spectral Analysis Method,” Transaction of the KSNVE, Vol. 18, No. 11, p.1206. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2008.18.11.1206
- Lee, C.H., Sim, H.J. and Oh., J.E., December 2004 “Development of the Fault Diagnostic System on the Rotating Machinery Using Vibration Signal,” Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.21, No.12.
- Taguchi, G., Chowdhury, S. and Wu, Y., 2000, The Mahalanobis-Taguchi System, John Willy &Sons.
- Psychoacoustical Study for Sound Quality Index of Steady State Noise of Refrigerators vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2016.26.5.536