- Volume 34 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Response Properties Determined in Two Torque Control Methods for a 2.75-MW Wind Turbine Under Turbulence Wind Speed
난류풍속에 대한 MW급 풍력터빈의 토크제어 방법에 따른 응답 특성 비교
- Lim, Chae-Wook (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Seo, Kang-Yoon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.08.27
- Accepted : 2010.10.21
- Published : 2010.12.01
Torque control of wind turbines is important when the wind speed is below the rated speed. The main objective of torque control is to extract the maximum power from the potential aerodynamic power of the wind. Torque control methods for wind turbines are classified as torque-mode control and speed-mode control. In torque-mode control, which is well known and traditionally used in many wind turbines, the torque demand of the generator is proportional to the square of the generator speed. In speed-mode control, a PI controller is used to generate the appropriate torque demand of the generator. In this study, the two torque control methods mentioned above are applied to a 2.75-MW wind turbine; simulation results for real turbulence wind speeds are presented, and the response properties are compared.
Supported by : 한국에너지 기술평가원(KETEP)
- Hansen, A. D. and Hansen, L. H., 2007, "Wind Turbine Concept Market Penetration over 10 Years," Wind Energy, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 81-97. https://doi.org/10.1002/we.210
- Joselin Herberta, G. M., Iniyanb, S., Sreevalsanc, E. and Rajapandian, S., 2007, "A Review of Wind Energy Technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 11, pp. 1117-1145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2005.08.004
- Burton, T., Sharpe, D., Jenkins, N. and Bossanyi, E., 2001, Wind Energy Handbook, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Bianchi, F. D., Battista, H. D. and Mantz, R. J., 2007, Wind Turbine Control Systems: Principles, Modelling and Gain Scheduling Design, Springer- Verlag.
- Munteanu, I., Bratcu, A. L., Cutululis, N. A. and Ceanga, E., 2008, Optimal Control of Wind Energy Systems, Springer-Verlag.
- Buehring, K. and Freris, L. L., 1981, "Control policies for wind energy conversion systems," IEE Proceedings, Part C, Vol 128, No. 5, pp. 253-261. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-d.1981.0053
- Van der Hooft, E.L., Schaak, P. and T.G. Van Engelen, T. G., 2003, Wind Turbine Control Algorithms, Technical report ECN-C-03-111, ECN Petten.
- Nichita, C., Luca, D., Dakyo, B. and Ceanga, E., 2002, Large Band Simulation of the Wind Speed for Real Time Wind Turbine Simulators, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 17, pp. 523-529. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2002.805216
- Dynamic Response of a 2.75MW Wind Turbine Applying Torque Control Method Based on Torque-Mode vol.16, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5293/kfma.2013.16.6.005
- Stabilization Design of Large Rotating Stand Using Sliding Mode Control vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.10.1045
- Evaluation of Dynamic Thrust Under Wind Shear in Wind Turbine Below Rated Wind Speed vol.40, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.4.407