- Volume 34 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear Adaptive Control for Position Synchronization of a Gantry-Moving-Type Linear Motor
겐트리형 리니어 모터의 동기화를 위한 비선형 적응제어
- Han, Sang-Oh (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Kim, In-Keun (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Huh, Kun-Soo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.08.03
- Accepted : 2010.10.11
- Published : 2010.12.01
For high-speed/high-accuracy position control of a gantry-moving-type linear motor, we propose a nonlinear adaptive controller including a synchronization algorithm. Linear motors are easily affected by force ripple, friction, and parameter variations because there is no mechanical transmission to reduce the effects of model uncertainties and external disturbances. Synchronization error is also caused by skew motion, model uncertainties, and force disturbance on each axis. Nonlinear effects such as friction and ripple force are estimated and compensated for. The synchronization algorithm is used to reduce the synchronous error of the two side pillars. The performance of the controller is evaluated via computer simulations.
Synchronization Control;Gantry-Moving Type Linear Motor;Adaptive Control;Friction Force;Force Ripple
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Tan, K. K., Huang, S. N. and Lee, T. H., 2002, “Robust Adaptive Numerical Compensation for Friction and Force Ripple in Permanent-Magnet Linear Motor,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 38, No.1, pp. 221-228. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.990111
- Yao, B. and Xu, L., 2002, “Adaptive Robust Motion Control of Linear Motors for Precision Manufacturing,” Mechatronics, Vol. 12, pp. 595-616. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0957-4158(01)00008-3
- Kim, H. B., Lee, B. H. Han, S. H. and Huh, K. S, 2005, “Nonlinear Adaptive Control for Linear Motor Through the Estimated Friction Force and Force Ripple,” KSME International Journal, No.05S201, pp.1144-1149.
- Koren, Y. and Lo, C. C., 1992, “Variable-gain Cross- Coupling Controller for Contouring,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 371-374. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)62009-5
- Han, S. H. and Huh, K. S., 2010 “Position Control of Linear Motor by Using Enhanced Cross-Coupling Algorithm,” KSME-A.2010.34.3.369, pp.369-374.
- Shen, S. L., Liu, H. L., and Ting, S. C., 2002, “Contouring Control of Biaxial Systems Based on Polar Coordinates,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 329-345. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2002.802723
- Kobatashi, H. and Inagaki. H. 1992, “A Synchronizing Control for Hexapod Walking Robot,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Om Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 569-573.
- Sun, D. and Mills, J. K., 2002, “Adaptive Synchronized Control for Coordination of Multirobot Assembly Tasks,” IEEE Trans. On Robotics and Automation, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 498-510. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.802229
- Sun, D. and Mills, J. K., 2002, “Adaptive Synchronized Control for Coordination of Two Robot Manipulators,” Proceeding of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, pp. 976 -981.
- Backman, M, 2000, “Comparison of Linear and Rotary Servo Motor Systems,” Small Motors and Motion Association, 2000 Fall Technical Conference.