- Volume 30 Issue 3A
Recently, maintenance engineering and technology for civil and building structures have begun to draw big attention and actually the number of structures that need to be evaluate on structural safety due to deterioration and performance degradation of structures are rapidly increasing. When stiffness is decreased because of deterioration of structures and member cracks, dynamic characteristics of structures would be changed. And it is important that the damaged areas and extent of the damage are correctly evaluated by analyzing dynamic characteristics from the actual behavior of a structure. In general, typical measurement instruments used for structure monitoring are dynamic instruments. Existing dynamic instruments are not easy to obtain reliable data when the cable connecting measurement sensors and device is long, and have uneconomical for 1 to 1 connection process between each sensor and instrument. Therefore, a method without attaching sensors to measure vibration at a long range is required. The representative applicable non-contact methods to measure the vibration of structures are laser doppler effect, a method using GPS, and image processing technique. The method using laser doppler effect shows relatively high accuracy but uneconomical while the method using GPS requires expensive equipment, and has its signal's own error and limited speed of sampling rate. But the method using image signal is simple and economical, and is proper to get vibration of inaccessible structures and dynamic characteristics. Image signals of camera instead of sensors had been recently used by many researchers. But the existing method, which records a point of a target attached on a structure and then measures vibration using image processing technique, could have relatively the limited objects of measurement. Therefore, this study conducted shaking table test and field load test to verify the validity of the method that can measure multi-point displacement responses of structures using image processing technique.
- 강용균, 이문진(1995) 두 대의 GPS 수신기를 이용한 DGPS 정밀측위. 한국지형공간정보학회논문집, 한국지형공간정보학회, 제3권 제2호, pp. 15-28.
- 권순덕, 이종운, 도영수, 김정행(2002) 영상처리를 통한 교량 진동 측정. 대한토목학회 정기학술대회논문집, 대한토목학회, pp. 525-528.
- 김기영, 곽문규(2005) 영상 처리 방법을 이용한 구조물의 큰 변위 저주파 진동 계측. 한국소음진동공학회논문집, 한국소음진동공학회, 제15권 제3호, pp. 329-333.
- 김성완, 김남식(2009) Digital Image Correlation기법을 이용한 구조물의 다중 동적변위응답 측정. 한국지진공학회논문집, 한국지진공학회, 제13권 제3호, pp. 11-19. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2009.13.3.011
- 서대완, 이영재, 박훈철, 윤광준, 지규인, 박찬국(2000) GPS 반송파를 이용한 구조물의 3차원 진동 측정. 한국소음진동공학회 추계학술대회논문집, 한국소음진동공학회, pp. 1303-1310.
- 이승범, 곽문규(2000) 화상처리를 이용한 진동측정방법 개발. 한국소음진동공학회 추계학술대회논문집, 한국소음진동공학회, pp. 327-329.
- 이창복, 안세호, 양성훈, 염정원, 강동욱, 김기두(2004) 레이저와 고속 CCD 카메라를 이용한 대형구조물의 진동계측. 한국통신학회논문지, 한국통신학회, 제29권 제8C호, pp. 1104-1112.
- Ian F. Akyildiz, Weilian Su, Yogesh Sankarasubramaniam, and Erdal Cayirci (2002) A Survey on Sensor Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 40, No. 8, pp. 102-114. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024422
- Jamal, N. Al-Karaki and Ahmed E. Kamal (2004) Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: A Survey. IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 6-28. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2004.1368893
- Hani, H. Nassif, Mayrai Gindy, and Joe Davis (2005) Comparison of laser doppler vibrometer with contact sensors for monitoring bridge deflection and vibration. NDT & E International, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 213-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2004.06.012
- Choi, S. and Shah, S.P. (1999) Propagation of microcracks in concrete studied with subregion scanning computer vision (SSCV), ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 96, No. 2, March-April, pp. 255-260.
- Shah, S.P. and Choi, S. (1999) Nondestructive Techniques for Studying Fracture Processes in Concrete, International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 98, Issue 3/4. pp. 351-359. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1018620008780
- Lee, J.J. and Shinozuka, M. (2006) Real-time displacement of a flexural bridge using digital image processing technique. Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 46, pp. 105-114. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-006-6124-2
- Ji, Y.F. and Chang, C.C. (2008) Nontarget image-based technique for small cable vibration measurement. Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 34-42. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2008)13:1(34)
- Bruck, H.A., McNeil, S.R., Sutton, M.A., and Peter, W.H. (1986) Digital image correlation using netwon-raphson method of partial differential correlation. Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 261-268.
- Vendroux, G. and Knauss, W.G. (1998) Submicron deformation field measurements: part2. Improved digital image correlation. Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 86-92. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02321649
- Lewis, J.P. (1995) Fast normalized cross-correlation. Vision Interface, pp. 120-123.