- Volume 30 Issue 6D
The purpose of this research is to clarify the relation between environmental consciousness and railway usage behavior. Author would locate this research on position of basic survey to promote railway use according to Low Carbon Green Growth policy in Korea. In this research, we would perform descriptive analysis using data of research on the actual condition of railway use in 2008, Daegu, and describe its relationship. In addition, we would suggest some idea about policy which can promote railway use. The order of railway choice behavior noticed in clustering of environmental consciousness was cooperative behavior type, middle type and non-cooperative behavior type. It suggests that environmental consciousness has effect on transportation choice behavior. Specially, railway improvement isn't enough to promote railway use. And, it is advisable to carry out the improvement in such a way that it may encourage the nation to move from the current environmental consciousness stage to cooperative behavior. Moreover, we assumed Binary Probit(BP) model using SP data of time or condition of transportation expense compared with passenger car and bus. As the results, modified likelihood ratio of two BP models is favorable variables. And it occurred that mode was transferred from passenger car to railway when it showed higher social environment consciousness and low selfish environment consciousness, because t-statistic which represents selfish environment consciousness showed significance in 95% confidence level. That is, it can be described that environment consciousness affect on the intention of railway use.
- 국토해양부(2009) 철도투자평가편람.
- 정병두, 김현, 황영기(2009), 급행철도 도입에 따른 전환수요 분석, 대한교통학회지, 대한교통학회, 제27권, 제3호, pp. 131-140.
- 한국개발연구원(2008) 도로.철도부문사업의 예비타당성조사표준지침 수정.보완연구(제5판).
- 한국교통연구원 (2009) 대구권 광역철도 기본조사.
- Ajen, I. and Fishbein, M. (1980) Understanding Attitude and Predicting Social Behavior, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice Hall.
- Eagly, A. and Chaiken, S. (1993) The Psychology of Attitude, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich College Publishers Fort Worth.
- Fishbein, M. (1975) Attitude, Attitude Change and Behavior, in Attitude Research Bridges the Atlantic, American Marketing Association, Chicago, pp. 3-16.
- Fujii (2002) 社會的ジレンマの處方箋, ナヵニツヤ出版, 2003.
- Fujii, S. (2002) Modeling Travel Behavior, Gibodang, in Japan, pp. 33-45.
- Fujii, S. (2003) Reducing inappropriate bicycle-parking through persuasive communication, Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
- Fujii, S. and Taniguchi, A. (2003) Reducing family car use by providing travel advice or by requesting behavioral plans: An experimental analysis of travel feedback programs, CD-ROM of proceedings of 9th International Association for Travel Behavior Research Conference, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Fujii, S., Grling, T., and Kitamura, R. (2001) Changes in drivers' perceptions and use of public transport during a freeway closure: Effects of temporary structural change on cooperation in a real-life social dilemma, Environment and Behavior, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 796-808. https://doi.org/10.1177/00139160121973241
- Fujii, S., Grling, T., Jakobsson, C., and Jou, R. (2003) A Cross-Country Study of Fairness and Infringement on Freedom as Determinants of Car Owners' Acceptance of Road Pricing, Transportation, pp. 423-436.
- Grling, T., Fujii, S., Grling, A., and Jakobsson, C. (2003) Moderating Effects of Social Value Orientation on Determinants of Proenvironmental Behavior Intention, Journal of Environmental Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-4944(02)00081-6
- McFadden, D. (1986) The choice theory approach to market research. Marketing Science, Vol. 5, pp. 257-297.
- Morigwa. T. and Sasaki, K. (1998) Discrete Choice Models with Latent Variables using Subjective Data, Travel Behavior Research: Updating the State of Play, Elsevier Science Ltd., pp. 435-455.
- Ohtomo, S., Hirose, Y., Ohnuma, S., Sugiura, J. et al. (2004) The determinants of environment conscious travel mode choice behavior: Application of social psychological model to promote park and ride measure, Journal of the Japan Society for Civil Engineering, No.772, (65), pp. 203-213.
- Otomo, S., Hirose, Y., Ohnuma, S., Sugiura, J., Yorifuji, K., and Kato, H. (2004) The determinants of environment-conscious travel mode choice behavior, Journal of Infrastructure Planning and Management, No. 772, -65, pp. 203-213.
- Sasaki, K. (2004) A study on modeling of phychological structures incorporating attitude and stated choices, Journal of the Japan Society for Civil Engineering, No. 766, (64), pp. 29-38.
- Shon, K. and Yun, J. (2009) Separation of car-dependent commuters from normal-choice riders in mode-choice analysis. Transportation, pp. 423-436.