- Volume 59 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Simulation of Dynamic Characteristics in Prototype Microgrid
Prototype Microgrid의 동특성 모의에 관한 연구
- Received : 2010.10.29
- Accepted : 2010.11.17
- Published : 2010.12.01
Microgrid is generally defined as cluster of small distributed generators, energy storages and loads. Through monitoring and coordinated control, microgrid can provide various benefits such as reduction of energy cost, peak shaving and power quality improvement. In design stage of microgrid, system dynamic simulation is necessary for optimizing of sizing and siting of DER(distributed energy resources). As number of the system components increases, simulation time will be longer. This problem can restrict optimal design. So we used simplified modeling on energy sources and average switching model on power converters to reduce simulation time. The effectiveness of this method is verified by applying to prototype microgrid system, which is consist of photovoltaic, wind power, diesel engine generators, battery energy storage system and loads installed in laboratory. Simulation by Matlab/Simulink and measurements on prototype microgrid show that the proposed method can reduce simulation time not sacrificing dynamic characteristics.
- R. H. Lasseter, P. Piagi, "Providing Premium Power through Distributed Resources", Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp. 1437-1445, Jan 4-7 2000
- R. H. Lasseter, P. Piagi, "MicroGrid : A Conceptual Solution", Power Electronics Specialist Conference(PESC) '04, Aachen, Germany, pp. 4285-4290, June 20-25 2004
- R. Lasseter, et. al., "White Paper on Integration of Distributed Energy Resources - The CERTS MicroGrid Concept". Office of Power Technologies of the US Department of Energy, April 2002.
- E. Twining, D G. Holmes, "Modelling grid-connected voltage source inverter operation", Proceedings of the Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conf.(AUPEC-2001), pp. 501-506. Sep. 23-26, 2001.
- M. B. Lindgren, "Analysis and simulation of digitally -controlled grid-connected PWM converters using the space- vector average approximation", Proceedings of the 5th IEEE workshops on Computers in Power Electronics, pp 85-89, 1996.
- 손광명, 이계병, 홍준희, "PSCAD/EMTDC를 이용한 마이크로그리드의 시뮬레이션 모델 개발", 대한전기학회논문지, 56권, 3호, pp. 457-464, 2007년 3월
- P. Antikainen, S. Peuranen, B. Lemstrom, S. Hukari, S. Rissanen, "Combining wind turbine dynamics and power system studies", EWEA, Poster at European Wind Energy Conference, Jun 2003.
- C. Hua and C. Shen, "Study of Maximum Power Tracking Techniques and Control of DC/DC Converter for Photovoltaic Power System," PESC 29th Annual IEEE, Vol. 1, PP. 86-93, 1998.
- M. Yin, G. Li, M. Zhou, C. Zhao,"Modeling of the Wind Turbine With a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator for Integration", IEEE PES General Meeting, 24-28 June 2007
- Kawamura, A.; Yanagihara, T. "State of charge estimation of sealed lead-acid batteries used for electric vehicles" Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 98 Record. 29th Annual IEEE, Vol.1, PP 583-587, 1998