- Volume 34 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Overlay Weld Effect on Preventing PWSCC in Dissimilar Metal Weld
이종금속 용접부의 일차수응력부식균열 방지를 위한 예방정비 용접 효과 분석
- Lee, Seung-Gun (Power Engineering Research Institute, KOPEC(Korea Power Engineering Company inc.)) ;
- Oh, Chang-Kyun (Power Engineering Research Institute, KOPEC(Korea Power Engineering Company inc.)) ;
- Park, Heung-Bae (Power Engineering Research Institute, KOPEC(Korea Power Engineering Company inc.)) ;
- Jin, Tae-Eun (Power Engineering Research Institute, KOPEC(Korea Power Engineering Company inc.))
- 이승건 (한국전력기술(주) 재료기술연구그룹) ;
- 오창균 (한국전력기술(주) 재료기술연구그룹) ;
- 박흥배 (한국전력기술(주) 재료기술연구그룹) ;
- 진태은 (한국전력기술(주) 재료기술연구그룹)
- Published : 2010.01.01
PWSCC(Primary Stress Corrosion Cracking) in Alloy 82/182 butt welds is the problem affecting safety and integrity of nuclear power plant. PWSCC can be occurred in the area that is at high magnitude of tensile residual stress, such as Alloy 82/182 dissimilar metal welds in PZR(pressurizer) nozzles. There have been a number of incidents recently at the dissimilar metal welds in overseas nuclear power plants. Overlay weld is the one of the effective methods to decrease tensile residual stress of inside surface, which will result in preventing PWSCC. In this paper, overlay weld conditions on the purpose of preventing PWSCC was explained and the benefit of the overlay weld was confirmed performing finite element analysis.
Dissimilar Metal Weld;Residual Stress;PWSCC;Overlay Weld;Finite Element Analysis
- EPRI, 2005, "Technical Basis for Preemptive Weld Overlays for Alloy 82/182 Butt Welds in PWRs(MRP-169)."
- ASME Code Case N-504-3, "Alternative Rules for Repair of Classes 1, 2, and 3 Austenitic Stainless Steel Piping, Section XI, Division 1."
- ASME Code Case N-740-1, "Dissimilar Metal Weld Overlay for Repair or Mitigation of Class 1, 2, and 3 items, Section XI, Division 1."
- ASME Code, Section XI, "Rules for Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components," 2007 Edition
- ASME Code, Section II, "Materials," Part D-Properties, 2001 Edition
- SIMULIA, 2008, ABAQUS, Version 6.8
- Recent Study in Variation of Welding Materials for Overlay Welding vol.31, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2013.31.6.17
- Crack Growth Analysis due to PWSCC in Dissimilar Metal Butt Weld for Reactor Piping Considering Hydrostatic and Normal Operating Conditions vol.37, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.1.047