- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Advanced Protection Coordination Scheme using Phase Angle of Zero-Sequence Current in Ungrounded System
비접지 계통에서 영상전류 위상을 이용한 개선된 보호협조 방안
- Published : 2010.01.01
Most faults are single-phase-to-ground fault in ungrounded system. The fault currents of single-phase-to-ground are much smaller than detection thresholds of measurement devices, so detecting single-phase-to-ground faults is difficult and important in ungrounded system. The protection coordination method using SGR(Selective Ground Relay) and OVGR(Overvoltage Ground Relay) is generally used in ungrounded system. But this method only detects fault line and it has the possibility of malfunction. This paper proposed to advanced protection coordination method in ungrounded system. The method just using zero-sequence current can detect fault line, fault phase, fault section at terminal device. The general protection method is used to back up protection. In the case study, the proposed method has been testified in demo system by Matlab/Simulink simulations.
- Leel Ho Seol, Bok Nam Ha, Mi Ae Jeong, Moon Ho Kang, Sang Ho Lee, "A study of line-to-ground fault solution in ungrounded network base on the distribution automatic system", KIEE summer conference, July 14-16, 2004.
- 정홍영, "A Study on the Ground Fault Protection in Nongrounding High Voltage Distribution System of Subway" 서울산업대학교. 2008
- 김병태, 전명수 “6600V 비접지 전력계통 지락보호계전기의 오.부동작에 관한 연구”, 대한전기학회 하계학술대회 논문집, 2008, pp. 2013-2014
- 하복남 외6, The Development of the New Distribution Automation System, KEPRI '98 전력연-단663, 1998.
- 박영문, 김재철, 전력계통기술계산 응용, 도서출판 의제, 1998.
- Bingyin Xu, Yongduan Xue, jing Li, Yu Chen, "Single phase fault detection technique based on transient current and its application in non-solid grounded network", IEE 2001 Conference in Developments in Power System Protection, No.429, 2001.
- Z. Q. Bo, G. Weller, M. A. Redfern, "Accurate fault location technique for distribution system using fault-generated high-frequency transient voltage signals", lEE Proceedings on Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 146, issue 1, pp. 73-79, Jan. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19990074
- Baldwin, T.; Renovich, F., Jr.; Saunders, L.F.; L.F.; Lubkeman, D., "Fault locating in ungrounded and high-resistance grounded systems", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 37 No.4, pp. 1152-1159, July-Aug. 2001 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.936408
- Baldwin, T.; Renovich, F.; Saunders, L., "Directional ground fault indicator for high-resistance grounded systems", 2002 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference, pp. 103-109, 2002
- Baldwin, T.; Renovich, F., "Analysis of fault locating signals for high-impedance grounded systems", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 38 No.3, pp. 810-817, May/Jun 2002 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.1003434
- Hong-chun Shu, Bai Xiao, "A novel fault line selection algorithm of single-phase ground faults in ungrounded neutral system using wavelets transform", PowerCon 2002, Vol.4, pp. 2532-2536, Oct. 2002.
- In Sun Choi, Myeon Song Choi, Seong Il Lim, Seung Jae Lee, "A new algorithm of the line to ground fault section isolation & restoration in ungrounded distribution power system", Trans. KIEE. Vol. 53A, No. 10, Oct. 2004.