- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Methodology of New Effective Installed Reserve Rate considering Renewable Energy Generators
신재생에너지전원을 고려한 새로운 유효설비예비율 평가방법의 개발
- Published : 2010.01.01
This paper proposes a new effective installed reserve rate in order to evaluate reliability of power system considering renewable generators, which include uncertainty of resource supply. It is called EIRR(effective installed reserve rate) in this paper. It is developed with considering capacity credit based on ELCC by using LOLE reliability criterion. While the conventional installed reserve rate index yields over-evaluation reliability of renewable generators, the proposed EIRR describes actual effective installed reserve rate. However, it is not the probabilistic reliability index as like as LOLE or EENS but another deterministic effective reliability index. The proposed EIRR is able to evaluate the realistic contribution to the reliability level for power system considering wind turbine generators and solar cell generators with high uncertainty in resource supply. The case study in model system as like as Jeju power system size presents a possibility that the proposed EIRR can be used practically as a new deterministic reliability index for generation expansion planning or operational planning in future.
- "Wind Power Today", Federal Wind Program Highlights, U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, April, 2005.
- Roy Billinton and Dange Huang, "Aleatory and Epistemic Uncertainty Considerations in Power System Reliability Evaluation", PMAPS, May 25-29, 2008.
- 박정제, 오량, 최재석, 문승일, “풍력발전기를 고려한 전력계통의 확률론적인 신뢰도 평가에 관한 연구” 대한전기학회논문지, 제57권, 9호, 2008년 9월, pp.1491-1499.
- 박정제, 오 량, 최재석, 차준민, “풍력발전기의 확률론적 발전비용 절감기여도 평가” 대한전기학회논문지, 제57권9호, 2008년12월, pp.2153-2160.
- 박정제, 오 량, 최재석, 차준민, "태양광발전원을 고려한 전력계통의 확률론적 신뢰도평가에 관한 연구" 대한전기학회논문지, 제58권3호, 2009년3월, pp.486-495.
- P. Giorsetto and K. F. Utsurogi, "Development of a new procedure for reliability modeling of wind turbine generators," IEEE Trans. Power App. and Systems, vol. PAS-102, no. 1, 1983.
- X. Wang, H. T. Dai, and R. J. Thomas, "Reliability modeling of large wind farms and associated electric utility interface systems," IEEE Trans. Power App. and Systems, vol. PAS-103, no. 3, 1984.
- Rajesh Karki, PoHu, Roy Billinton, "A Simplified Wind Power Generation Model for Reliability Evaluation", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol.21, No.2, June, 2006, pp.533-540. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.874233
- Nick Jenkins, Ron Allan, Peter Crossley, David Kirschen and Goran Strbac: EMBEDDED GENERATION, IEE, 2000.
- Lennart S"oder and Mikael Amelin, "A review of different methodologies used for calculation of wind power capacity credit" IEEE GM2008, Pittsburg, PA, USA.
- Claudine D'Annunzio, Surya Santoso, "Noniterative Method to Approximate the Effective Load Carrying Capability of a Wind Plant", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 23, no. 2, June, 2008, pp. 544-550. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.918597
- C. Singh and A. Lago-Conzalez, "Reliability modeling of generation systems including unconventional energy sources," IEEE Trans. Power App. and Systems, vol. PAS-104, no. 5, May 1985.
- L. L. Garver, "Effective load carrying capability of generating units," IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-85, no. 8, 1966, pp. 910-919. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAS.1966.291652
- Cornel Ensslin, Michael Milligan, Hannele Holttinen, Mark O'Malley, and Andrew Keane, "Current Method to Calculate Credit of Wind Power, IEA Collaboration" IEEE GM2008, Pittsburg, PA, USA.