- Volume 59 Issue 1
The objective of this paper is to propose a new velocity measurement method for an electro-mechanical fin actuator. The model of the electro-mechanical fin actuator includes uncertainties such as unknown disturbances and parameter variations in flight condition. So, an electro-mechanical fin actuator system needs robust control algorithm which requires not only position information but also velocity information. Usually, analog tachometers have been used for velocity feedback in an electro-mechanical fin actuator. However, using these types of sensors have problems such as the cost, space, and malfunction. These problems lead to propose a new velocity measurement method using linear type Hall-effect sensor. In order to verify the proposed method, several experiments are performed using Model Following Sliding Mode Controller(MFSMC). It is shown that the MFSMC with a new velocity measurement method using linear type Hall-effect sensor can satisfy the requirements without using of velocity sensor.
- Elmali, H. and Olgac, N., "Sliding Mode Control with Perturbation Estimation (SMCPE) : A New Approach", Int. J. Contr., vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 923-941, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179208934350
- Slotine, J. J.E., and Sastry, S. S., "Tracking Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Sliding Surfaces with Applications to Robot manipulators", Int. J. Contr., vol. 38-2, pp. 465-492, 1983.
- Gene F. Franklin, J. David Powell and Abbas Emami-naeini, "Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems", Addison Wesley, 1995.
- R. H. Brown, S. C. Schneider, and M. G. Mulligan, "Analysis of algorithms for velocity estimation from discrete position versus time data", IEEE Trans.Ind.Eelctron.,vol. 39, pp.11-19, Feb. 1992 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.121906
- Jang, P. H., and Lee, J. W, "Time Delay Observer: A robust observer for nonlinear plants", ASME J. Dyn. Syst. Meas. Contr, vol. 119, pp. 521-527, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2801288