- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Enhancement of the Speed Response of PMSM Sensorless Control Using A New Adaptive Sliding Mode Observer
새로운 적응 슬라이딩 모드 관측기를 이용한 PMSM 센서리스 속도 응답특성 향상
- Published : 2010.01.01
This paper proposes an adaptive sliding mode observer (SMO), which adds the estimation function of the stator resistance to a new sliding mode observer for the robust sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) with variable parameters. To reduce the chattering problem commonly found in the conventional sliding mode observer where the low-pass filter and additional position compensation of the rotor are used, the sigmoid function is used for the control of a switching function in this research. With the estimation of the stator resistance, the proposed observer can improve the control performance by reducing the estimation error of the motor's speed. Note that the stator resistance is varying with the ambient temperature and becomes an error source for the sensorless control of PMSM. The new sliding mode observer has better efficiency than the conventional adaptive sliding mode observer by reducing the time consuming integral calculations. The stability of the proposed adaptive sliding mode observer is verified by the Lyapunov function in determining the observer gains, and the effectiveness of the observer is demonstrated by simulations and experiments.
- P. Pillay and R. Krishnan, "Application characteristics of permanent magnet synchronous and brushless DC motor for servo drive," IEEETrans.onIndustry Applications,vol.27,no5,pp.986-996,Sept. -Oct.1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.90357
- F. Parasiliti, R. Petrella, M. Tursini, "Sensorless Speed Control of a PM Synchronous Motor by Sliding Mode Observer," Proc. of the IEEE ISIE'97, vol.3, pp.1106-1111, July1997.
- R. Wu, G.R. Selmon, "A Permanent magent motor drive without a shaft sensor," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol.27, no.5, pp.1005-1011, Sept.-Oct.1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.90359
- N. Matsui, M. Shigyo, "Brushless DC motor control without position and speed sensor," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol.28, no.1, pp.120-127, Jan.-Feb.1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.120220
- Jun Hu, Dongqi Zhu, YongDong Li, Jingde Gao, "Application of sliding observer to sensorless permanent magnet synchronous motor drive system," IEEE PESC'94. Record, vol.1, pp.532-536, June1994.
- Li Changsheng, M. Elbuluk, "A sliding mode observer for sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous motors," IEEE lAS Annual Meeting, vol.2, pp.1273-1278, Sept.-Oct.2001
- K. Paponpen M. Konghirun, "An Improved Sliding Mode Observer for Speed Sensorless Vector Control Drive of PMSM" CES/IEEE 5th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conf. ,vol.2, pp.1-5, Aug.2006.
- T. Furuhshi, S. Sangwong wanich, S. Okuma, "A position-and-velocity sensorless control for Brushless DC motors using an adaptive sliding mode observer," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol.39, no.2, April1992.
- M. Ertugrul, O. kanyaK, A. Sabanovic and K. Ohnishi, "A generalized approach for Lyapunov design of sliding mode controller for motion applications," Proc. AMC'96-MIE Conf., vol.1, pp.407-412, March1996.
- Y S Han, J S Choi and Y S Kim, "Sensorless PMSM Drive with a Sliding Mode Control Based Adaptive Speed and Stator Resistance Estimator," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, vol.36, no.5, pp.3588-3591, Sept.2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.908910