- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research of Short Preamble MAC Protocol for Energy Efficient in Wireless Sensor Network
무선 센서 네트워크에서의 에너지 효율을 위한 짧은 프리앰블을 가지는 MAC프로토콜에 대한 연구
- Published : 2010.01.01
Idle listening is very critical source of energy dissipation in wireless sensor networks. To reduce idle listening, we propose preamble sampling MAC that is named EESP-MAC. The main idea of EESP-MAC is to add control information into the short preamble frame. So the stream of short preambles is used not only for preamble sampling but also for avoiding overhearing, decreasing control packet overhead and reducing the listening of the redundant message, caused by message-flooding.
- Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, A survey on sensor networks, IEEE Communications Magazine, Volume: 40. Issue: 8, pp. 102-114, August 2002.
- S. Singh and C. S. Raghavendra. PAMAS: Power Aware Multi-Access protocol with Signalling for Ad Hoc Networks. ACM Computer Communications Review, 1999.
- CC1000. //www.chipcon.com/index.cfm-kat_id=2&subkat_id= 12&dok_id=14
- Mica2(Sensor node). http://www.xbow.com/Products/productsdetails.aspx-si d=69
- TelosB(Sensor node). http://www.xbow.com/Products/productsdetails.aspx-si d=147
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin. An energy-efficient mac protocol for wireless sensor networks. In In Proceedings of the 21st International Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM 2002), NewYork,NY,June2002.
- A. El-Hoiyi, J.-D. Decotignie, and J. Hernandez. Low power MAC protocols for infrastructure wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the Fifth European Wireless Conference, Feb. 2004.
- Mica2(Sensor node). http://www.xbow.com/Products/productsdetails.aspx-si d=105
- Sangsoon Lim, Youngmin Ji, Jaejoon Cho, and Sunshin An. An Ultra Low Power Medium Access Control Protocol with the Divided Preamble Sampling. UCS 2006, LNCS 4239, pp. 210 - 224, 2006.
- CC2420. http://www.chipcon.com/index.cfm-kat_id=2&subkat_id= 12&dok_id=115
- A. El-Hoiydi, Aloha with Preamble Sampling for Sporadic Traffic in Ad Hoc Wireless Sensor Networks, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications, NewYork,USA,Apr2002,pp.3418-3423.
- J. Polastre, J. Hill, and D. Culler. Versatile low power media access for wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the Second ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), Baltimore,MD,November2004