- Volume 59 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Individual Tooth Image Segmentation by Watershed Algorithm
워터쉐드 기법을 이용한 개별적 치아 영역 자동 검출
- Published : 2010.01.01
In this study, we propose a novel method to segment an individual tooth region in a true color image. The difference of the intensity in RGB is initially extracted and subsequent morphological reconstruction is applied to minimize the spurious segmentation regions. Multiple seeds in the tooth regions are chosen by searching regional minima and a Sobel-mask edge operations is performed to apply MCWA(Marker-Controlled Watershed Algorithm). As the results of applying MCWA transform for our proposed tooth segmentation algorithm, the individual tooth region can be resolved in a CCD tooth color image.
- S. Shah, A. Abaza, A. Ross and H. Ammar, "Automatic Tooth Segmentation Using Active Contour without Edges," Biometric Consortium Conference, 2006 Biometrics Symposium, pp, 1-6, 2006.
- H. Gao and O. Chae, "Automatic Tooth Region Separation for Dental CT Images," Third 2008 International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, pp. 897-901, 2008.
- W.K. Pratt, "Digital Image Processing," Wiley Interscience, 2002.
- K.M. Lee and H.M Ryu, "Object Segmentation using Conditional Dilation and Watershed Algorithm," 대한전자공학회 신호처리합동 학술대회 제11권 1호, pp.103-106, 1998.
- D. Sathyamoorthy, "The Effect of Morphological Smoothening by Reconstruction on the Extraction of Peaks and Pits from Digital Elevation Models," Pattern Recognition Letters 28, pp. 1400-1406, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2007.02.011
- S.H. Cho, H.K Sung, G.S. Lee and G.M. Choi, "Image Segmentation Based on Watershed Algorithm Using Adaptive Preprocessing," 대한전자공학회 신호처리합동 학술대회 제11권 1호, pp. 107-110, 1998.
- L. Vincent, "Morphological Grayscale Reconstruction in Image Analysis: Applications and Efficeint Algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 2, No.2, 1993.
- Q. Wu, F.A. Merchant and K. R. Castleman, "Microscope Image Processing," Academic Press, 2008.
- R. Crane, "A Simplified Approach to Image Processing," Prentice Hall, 1996.