- Volume 25 Issue 3
Characterization and Anti-Helicobactor pylori Activity of Xanthium strumarium L. Extract on Lactic acid Fermentation
도꼬마리 추출물의 유산발효 특성 및 Helicobactor pylori에 대한 항균활성
- Kang, Dong-Hee (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Science, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Science, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2010.05.06
- Accepted : 2010.06.21
- Published : 2010.06.30
This study characterized the anti-Helicobactor pylori activity of Xanthium strumarium L. extract obtained by lactic acid fermentation. The growth of the Lactobacillus strains was typically robust upon lactic acid production in monocultures containing Xanthium strumarium L. extract. Lactic acid fermentation in mixed cultures of Lactobacillus brevis KCTC 3498 and Lactobacillus casei KCTC 3109 produced higher of anti- H. pylori activity than monocultures. Concerning antioxidant activity of fermented extracts, total polyphenol contents were the highest in co-cultures of Lactobacillus brevis KCTC 3498 and Lactobacillus helveticus KCTC 3545. Electron donating ability using diphenyl picryl hydrazyl (DPPH) showed 70% scavenging in Lactobacillus casei KCTC 3109.
약용식물인 도꼬마리 추출물을 사용하여 유산균을 이용한 단일 및 복합배양을 통하여 새로운 기능성 물질의 생산을 검토하였다. 도꼬마리 추출물의 유산발효 시 단일배양 결과에서 유산생산을 통해 대체로 잘 증식하는 것이 확인되었으며, H. pylori의 항균 활성은 단일배양보다 복합배양 시 항균활성이 아주 우수하였다. 항균성 물질의 분리는
Supported by : 계명대학교
- Kim, H. S., I. S. Lee, S. H. Yeo, L. S. Seong, and T. S. Yu (2003) Isolation and characterization of antitumor agents from Xanthium strumarium L. Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 18: 324-328.
- Shin, D. W., M. S. Kim, and J. S. Han (1997) Antimicrobial effect of ethanol extracts from some medicinal herbs and their fractionates against food-born bacteria. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 29: 808-816.
- Chung, S. K., S. J. Lee, Y. J. Chung, W. P. Park, D. S. Lee, and S. H. Cho (1998) Antimicrobial activities of Korean medicinal herb extracts for preserving greenhouse fresh produce. Korean J. Postharvest Sci. Technol. 5: 13-21.
- Gursoy, N., C. Sarikurkcu, M. Cengiz, and M. H. Solak (2009 Antioxidant activities, metal contents, total phenolics and flavonoids of seven Morchella species. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 47: 2381-2388. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2009.06.032
- An, B. J., C. E. Lee, J. H. Son, J. Y. Lee, G. H. Choi, and T. S. Park (2005) Antioxidant, anticancer and tyrosinase inhibition activities of extracts from Rhododendron mucronulatum T. J. Kor. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem. 48: 280-284.
- Kim, H. S. and J. O. Shin (1997) Isolation and Antimicrobial Activity of Xanthium strumarium L. Extract. Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 25: 183-188.
- Park, S. M., H. J. Jung, S. H. Han, S. S. Yeo, Y. W. Kim, H. G. Ahn, H. S. Kim, and T. S. Yu (2005) Antifungal activity of extract from Xanthium strumarium L. against plant pathogenous fungi. Kor. J. Life Science. 15: 255-262.
- Kim, H. S., T. S. Yu, I. S. Lee, Y. W. Kim, and S. H. Yeo (2003) Screening of the Antimicrobial and Antitumor Activity of Xanthium strumarium L. Extract. Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 18: 55-61.
- Kang, J. H. and M. S. Lee (2005) In vitro inhibition of Helicobactor pylori by Enterococcus faecium GM-1. Can. J. Microbial. 51: 629-636. https://doi.org/10.1139/w05-044
- Suerbaum, S. and P. Michetri (2002) Helicobactor pylori infection. N. Engl. J. Med. 349: 1175-1186.
- Lee, H. S., S. H. Park, H. K. Chung, and T. B. Choe (1993) Antitumor effect of cell wall component purified from Lactobacillus plantarum KK. J. Gen. Eng. 5: 22-28.
- Kim, J. H., D. M. Kim, H. Baek, S. H. Lee, and M. J. Chung (2008) Anti-cancer effects of peptides purified from culture supernatant of Lactobacillus casei. J. Korea of Dairy Sci. & Technol. 26: 5-10.
- Lee, Y. H., S. W. Choi, and H. D. Park (2008) Characteristics of lactic acid fermentation of peach juice by Lactobacillus plantarum KIAB21 possessing antimutagenic effects. Korea J. Food Preserv. 15: 469-476.
- Kim, T. S., J. W. Hur, M. A. Yu, C. I. Cheigh, K. N. Kim, J. K. Hwang, and Y. R. Pyun (2003) Antagonism of Helicobacter pylori by bacteriocins of lactic acid bacteria. J. Food Protection. 66: 3-12. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-66.1.3
- Ju, I. S. and Y. J. Cho (2009) Purification and identification of phenol compounds with inhibitory activity on Helicobactor pylori from Rhododendron mucronulatum flos. extracts. Journal of Life Science. 19: 1125-1131. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2009.19.8.1125
- Lee, Y. and H. C. Chang (2008) Isolation and characterization of Kimchi lactic acid bacteria showing anti-Helicobacter pylori activity. Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 36: 106-114.
- Jung, H. K (2001) Selection criteria for probiotics and their industrial applications. Bioindustry news. 14: 39-48.
- Kang, M. S., H. J. Oh, H. C. Lee, and J. S. Oh (2009) Isolation and identification of lactic acid bacteria inhibiting the proliferation of Propionibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus epidermidis. Journal of Bacteriology and Virology. 39: 11-19. https://doi.org/10.4167/jbv.2009.39.1.11
- Blois, M. S. (1985) Antioxident determination by use of stable free radical. Nature. 191: 1199-1203.