- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Chemical Characteristics of Taurine Added Kimchi during Fermentation at Low Temperature
타우린 첨가 김치의 저온 저장 중 화학적 특성
- Yim, Seoung-Been (SlowFarm Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Mi-Sook (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Kyung (Dept. of Culinary Science and Food Service Management, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Ko, Jae-Youn (Dept. of Culinary Science and Food Service Management, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Jeong, Yoon-Hwa (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Dankook University)
- 임성빈 ((주)슬로우팜) ;
- 김미숙 (단국대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김은경 (경희대학교 조리외식경영학과) ;
- 고재윤 (경희대학교 조리외식경영학과) ;
- 정윤화 (단국대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2010.11.15
- Accepted : 2010.12.01
- Published : 2010.12.31
The present study was carried out to elucidate the changes in the chemical characteristics of taurine added Kimchi during fermentation for 46 days at
- Thurston JH, Hauhart RE, Dirgo JA. 1980. Taurine, a role in osmotic regulation of mammalian brain and possible clinical significance. Life Sci 26: 1561-1568. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3205(80)90358-6
- Gaull GE, Wrighe CE, Tallan HH. 1983. Taurine in human lymphoblastoid cells: uptake and role in proliferation. Prog Clin Biol Res 125: 297-303.
- Sebring LA, Huxtable RJ. 1985. Taurine modulation of calcium binding to cardiac sarcolemma. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 232: 445-451.
- Bernardi N. 1985. On the role of taurine in the cerebellar cortex: a reappraisal. Acta Physiol Pharmacol Latinoam 35: 153-164.
- Emudianughe TS, Caldwell J, Smith RL. 1983. The utilization of exogenous taurine for the conjugation of xenobiotic acids in the ferret. Xenobiotica 13: 133-138. https://doi.org/10.3109/00498258309052246
- Pasantes-Morales H, Wright CE, Gaull GE. 1985. Taurine protection of lymphoblastoid cells from iron-ascorbate induced damage. Biochem Pharmacol 34: 2205-2207. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(85)90419-8
- Woo SM, Jeong YJ. 2006. Changes in the quality of Korean cabbage Kimchi added with germinated brown rice extract powder during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 648-654.
- Kim, JH, Moon MH, Chung JW, Chi JH, Ju YC. 2005. Effect of king oyster mushroom (Pleurotus eryngii ) addition on the quality of Kimchi during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 470-473.
- Kim KO, Kim WH. 1994. Changes in properties of Kimchi prepared with different kinds and levels of salted and fermented seafoods during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 324-330.
- No HK, Park IK, Kim SD. 1995. Extension of shelf-life of Kimchi by addition of chitosan during salting. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 24: 932-936.
- Park WP, Park KD, Um HS. 2002. Effects of safflower seed powder on the quality characteristics of Kimchi . Korean J Food Preserv 9: 200-204.
- Somogyi M. 1952. Notes on sugar determination. J Biol Chem 195: 19-23.
- Jeon YS, Kye IS, Cheigh HS. 1999. Changes of vitamin C and fermentation characteristics of Kimchi on different cabbage variety and fermentation temperature. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 773-779.
- Kim ES, Kim JS, Cho KH. 1998. Taurine level in human milk and estimated intake of taurine by breast-fed infants during the early period of lactation. Korean J Nutr 31: 363-368.
- AOAC. 1965. Official Methods of Analysis. 10th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC,USA. p 349.
- Son YM, Kim KO, Jeon DW, Kyung KH. 1996. The effect of low molecular weight chitosan with and without other preservatives on the characteristics of Kimchi during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 888-896.
- Yu HG, Kim KG, Yoon S. 1992. Effects of fermentable sugar on storage stability and modeling prediction of shelf-life in Kimchi . Korean J Food Sci Technol 24: 107-110.
- Kim MH, Shin MS, Jhon DY, Hong YH, Lim HS. 1987. Quality characteristics of Kimchis with different ingredients. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 16: 268-277.
- Park WP. 1991. Effects of various Kimchi ingredients on fermentation. PhD Dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Han GJ, Shin DS, Jang MS. 2009. Chemical characteristics of stored Aralia continentalis Kitagawa Kimchi－vitamin C, reducing sugar, total chlorophyll, dietary fiber, total soluble solid. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 330-336.
- Lee GC, Han JA. 1992. Changes in the contents of total vitamin C and reducing sugars of starchy pastes added Kimchi during fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 14: 201-206.
- Park YH, Jung LH, Lee SS. 2001. Physicochemical characteristics of Toha-Jeot added cabbage Kimchi during fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 426-431.
- Rhie SG, Chun SK. 1982. The influence of temperature on fermentation of Kimchi. Korean J Nutr Food 11: 63-66.
- Oh SC, Cho JS, Nam HY. 2000. Changes of the volatile basic nitrogen and free amino acids according to the fermentation of low salt fermented squid. Korean J Soc Food Sci 16: 173-181.