- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical Characteristics of Ginseng JungKwa Produced with Hot-Water Extract from Maegmundong (Liriope platyphylla tubers)
맥문동 열수추출액을 이용한 인삼정과의 품질 특성
- Lee, Ka-Soon (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Kim, Gwan-Hou (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Seong, Bong-Jae (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Ho (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Song, Mi-Ran (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Mee-Ree (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Hee (Dept of Food Science and Biotechnology, Woo-Song University)
- 이가순 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 김관후 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 성봉재 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 김현호 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 송미란 (충남대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김미리 (충남대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 이규희 (우송대학교 식품생물과학과)
- Received : 2010.08.30
- Accepted : 2010.11.15
- Published : 2010.12.31
This study was carried out to investigate the quality characteristics of ginseng JungKwa produced with hot-water extract from Maegmundong (MGJ) instead of sugar. Chemical characteristics of MGJ and control ginseng JungKwa produced by sucrose (CGJ) were measured by proximate constituents, free sugars, ginsenosides, total phenolic compound, flavonoid content, and antioxidative activity was measured by electron donating abilities and hydrogen peroxide scavenging activity. Carbohydrate, crude protein, crude ash contents of MGJ were 76.40, 1.46 and 3.49%, where as those of CGJ were 80.01, 0.59 and 0.96%. Free sugar compositions of MGJ were fructose (32.42%), oligosaccharide (16.91%), disaccharide (13.91%) and glucose (13.16%). Eleven ginsenosides types were detected on MGJ and 9 kinds on CGJ; their contents were 740.1 and 675.6 mg%, respectively. Total phenolic compound and flavonoid content were 5.46 and 0.016% on MGJ, 5.02 and 0.014% on CGJ, respectively. In physiological characteristics, the
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Shibata M, Noguchi R, Suzuki M, Iwase H, Soeda K,Niwayama K, Kataoke E, Hamano M. 1971. Pharmacological studies on medicinal plant components. Ⅰ. On the extracts of Ophiopogon and some folk medicine. Proc Hoshi Pharm 13: 66-76.
- Yook, CS. 1997. Colored Medicinal Plants of Korea.Academy Publishing Co. Inc., Seoul, Korea. p 62.
- Park JH, Geon DG. 2003. Pharmacognostical studies on the Chinese crude drug "Maeg Moon Dong". Korean J Pharmacogn 34: 6-9.
- Tomoda M, Kato S. 1968. Water soluble carbohydrates of Ophiopogonins tuber. Ⅱ. Purifications, properties and structures of three oligosaccharides. Chem Pharm Bull 16: 113-116. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.16.113
- Tada S, Saitoh T, Shoji J. 1980. Studies on the constituents of Ophiopogonins tuber. Ⅶ. Synthetic studies of homoisoflavonoids. Chem Pharm Bull 28: 2487-2493 https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.28.2487
- Watanabe Y, Sanada S, Ida Y, Shoji J. 1984. Comparative studies on the constituents of Ophiopogonins tuber and its congeners. Ⅲ. Studies on the constituents of the subterranean part of Ophiopogon ohwii O. and O. jaburan L. Chem Pharm Bull 32: 3994-4002. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.32.3994
- Tomoda M, Kato S. 1966. Water soluble carbohydrates of Ophiopogonins tuber. Ⅰ. Isolation and determination of monosaccharides and oligosaccharides. Soyakugaku Zasshi 1: 12-14.
- Baek IN, Cho SJ, Bang MH, Lee IJ, Park CG, Kim MS, Kim KS, Sung JD. 1998. Cytotoxicity of steroid-saponins from the tuber of Liriope platyphylla W. T. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotech 41: 390-394.
- Rhee IJ, Kim EJ, Jeong SW, Yang JJ, Lee IS. 2003. Effects of Liriopis tuber extracts on lipid metabolism in rats fed high cholesterol diet. Korean J Pharmacogn 34: 65-69.
- Jung MH, Lee TH. 2003. Effect of Liriopis tuber on the change of corticosterone in mice induced by starvation stress. Korean J Herbology 18: 279-287.
- Kim SY, Seok KH, Kim HC, Heo JY. 2004. Pharmaceutical composition of Ophiopogon japonicus having enhancement of the neuriteout growth and neurotrophic effects. Korean Patent 10-0449245.
- Kim JS, Ha HG, Jung DY, Lee JH, Kim JS. 2005. Liriopis tuber extract for promotion of growth hormone secretion. Korean Patent 10-0497947.
- Kim SJ. 2006. Brain cell protection and increase of memorial ability from Liriopis tuber extract component. Korean Patent 10-0635440.
- Lee KS, Kim GH, Kim HH, Lee HC, Song MR, Kim MR, Lee GH. 2009. Physicochemical characteristics of Liriope platyphylla tubers by drying process. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1104-1110. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.8.1104
- Kim HJ, Jung DK, Joo HK. 1985. The effect of honey concentration on the quality of honeyed ginseng in the process of manufacturing honeyed ginseng. Korean J Ginseng Sci 9: 128-134.
- Paek JK, Kim JH, Yoon SJ. 2006. Quality characteristics of ginseng Jung Kwa after different soaking times in sugar syrup. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 792-798.
- Kim ES, Jeong JI, Kim HJ, Kim MJ 1990. Effect of honeyed ginseng on growth and biochemical components of rats. Thesis of Dankuk National University 24: 559-570.
- Lee KS, Kim GH, Kim HH, Song MR, Kim MR. 2009. Quality characteristics of ginseng Jung Kwa and Jung Kwa solution on Jung Kwa process. J Korean Soc Food Sc i Nutr 38: 587-593. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.5.587
- Lee KS, Kim GH, Kim HH, Song MR, Kim MR. 2009. Changes in concentrations of ginsenosides and free amino acids in ginseng and ginseng solution during the Jung Kwa process. J GSB Food 3: 58-64.
- Li X, Kang SJ, Han JS, Kim JS, Choi JE. 2009. Effects of root diameter within different root parts on ginsenoside composition of Yunpoong cultivar in Panax Ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean J Med Crop Sci 17: 452-457.
- Song MR, Kim MR, Kim HH, Chu S, Lee KS. . Quality characteristics of ginseng Jung Kwa obtained by treatment of different sugars. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 999-1004. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.7.999
- AOAC. 1995. Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 69-74.
- Coseteng MY, Lee CY. 1987. Change in apple polyphenoloxidase and polyphenol concentrations in relation to degree of browning. J Food Sci 52: 985-989. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1987.tb14257.x
- Nieva Moreno MI, Isla MI, Sampietro AR, Vattuone MA. 2000. Comparison of the free radical-scavenging activity of propolis from several regions of Argentina. J Ethnopharmacol 71: 109-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00189-0
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determination by the use of stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Muller HE. 1985. Detection of hydrogen peroxide produced by microorganism on ABTS-peroxidase medium. Zentrabl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg 259: 151-158.
- Kim MJ, Li X, Han JS, Lee SE, Choi JE. 2009. Effect of blue and red LED irradiation on growth characteristics and saponin contents in Panax Ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean J Med Crop Sci 17: 187-191.
- Lee SW, Kim GS, Yeon BY, Hyun DY, Kim YB, Kang SW, Kim YC. 2009. Comparison of growth characteristics and ginsenoside contents by drainage classes and varieties in 3-year-old ginseng (Panax Ginseng C. A. Meyer). Korean J Med Crop Sci 17: 346-351.
- Sung BJ, Kim GH, Kim HH, Kim SI, Han SH, Lee KS. 2010. Physicochemical characteristics of 3-year-old ginseng by various seeding density in direct-sowing culture. Korean J Med Crop Sci 18: 22-27.
- Kwon SG, Lee CY, Oh DJ, Lee GY, Cha SW, Lee SW. 2010. Changes of growth characteristics and ginsenoside content by growth stages and different planting position in Panax Ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean J Med Crop Sci 18: 51-55.
- Kim YC, Hong HD, Rho JH, Cho CW, Rhee YK, Yim JH. 2007. Changes of phenolic acid contents and radical scavenging activities of ginseng according to steaming times.J Ginseng Res 31: 230-236. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2007.31.4.230
- Hwang IG, Woo KS, Kim TM, Kim DJ, Yang MH, Jeong HS. 2006. Change of physiochemical characteristics of Korean pear (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai) juice with heat treatment condition. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 342-347.
- Park SS, Yu KH, Min TJ. 1988. Antioxidant activities of extract from fruiting bodies of mushrooms. Korean J Mycology 26: 69-77.
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Rehmannia glutinosa JungKwa Prepared with Different Kinds of Sugars vol.30, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.1.076
- Antioxidative Activity of Beverage with Water and Ethanol Extracts of Maegmundong (Liriope platyphylla) vol.30, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.6.785
- The Quality Characteristics of Baechukimchi added with Broadleaf Liriope (Liriope platyphylla) vol.13, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.391
- Effect of roasting time on physicochemical characteristics and antioxidant activity of hot water extracts of dried Liriope platyphylla vol.25, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2018.25.2.246