- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Fermentative Characteristics of Cheonggukjang Prepared by Starter Culture of Bacillus spp. with Fibrinolytic Activity
혈전용해활성이 우수한 Bacillus spp. 스타터를 이용한 청국장의 발효특성
- Hwang, Jong-Hyun (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungju National University)
- 황종현 (충주대학교 식품공학과)
- Received : 2010.08.25
- Accepted : 2010.09.16
- Published : 2010.12.31
The objective of this study was to improve the flavor of Cheonggukjang prepared by the culture optimization of starter with the fibrinolytic activity. After 25 strains isolated from the commercial Cheonggukjang and Doenjang in different regions were compared, 7 Bacillus strains with proteolytic and slime-producing activities were selected. When the fibrin plate method for fibrinolytic activity was applied, CJJN-4 and 5 showed the higher activity in tripticase soy broth (TSB). All Cheonggukjang prepared with CJJN-4 and 5 also had the fibrinolytic activity, regardless of culture temperature or time. Especially, Cheonggukjang prepared at
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Youn KC, Kim DH, Kim JO, Park BJ, Yook HS, Cho JM, Byun MW. 2002. Quality characteristics of the Cheonggukjang fermented by the mixed culture of Bacillus natto and B. licheniformis. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 204-210. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.2.204
- Lee JO, Ha SD, Kim AJ, Yuh CS, Bang IS, Park SH. 2005. Industrial application and physiological functions of cheonggukjang. Food Sci Ind 38: 69-78.
- Baek LM, Park LY, Park KS, Lee SH. 2008. Effect of starter cultures on the fermentative characteristic of cheonggukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 400-405.
- Hwang HA, Lee NK, Cho IJ, Hahm YT, Kwon KO, Kim BY. 2008. Selection of microorganism and optimization of manufacture process for cheonggukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 406-411.
- Shon MY, Kim MH, Park SK, Park JR, Sung NG. 2002.Taste components and palatability of black bean chunggukjang added with kiwi and radish. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 39-44. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.1.039
- Youn HK, Choi HS, Hur SH, Hong JH. 2001. Antimicrobial activities of viscous substance from cheonggukjang fermented with different Bacillus spp. J Fd Hyg Safety 16: 188-193.
- Kim DH, Lim DW, Bae S, Chun SB. 1997. Fermentation characteristics of whose soybean meju model system inoculated with 4 Bacillus strains. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 1006-1015.
- Lee SH, Baek LM, Park LY. 2008. Physiological of Bacillus spp. isolated from rice straw as cheonggukjang starter. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 562-567.
- Park HG, Lee MH, Yoon SH. 2006. Effect of cheonggukjang on lipid contents in rats fed high cholesterol diet. Hyg Sci 12: 1-6.
- Cho YJ, Cha WS, Bok SK, Kim MU, Chun SS, Choi UK. 2000. Production and separation of anti-hypertensive peptide during cheonggukjang fermentation with Bacillus subtilis CH-1023. Appl Biol Chem 43: 247-252.
- Iwai K, Nakaya N, Kawasaki Y, Matsue H. 2002. Antioxidative functions of natto, a kind of fermented soybeans:effect on LDL oxidation and lipid metabolism in cholesterol fed rats. J Agric Food Chem 50: 3597-3601. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0117199
- Kim JW, Jun KD, Kang JS, Jang JS, Ha BJ, Lee JH. 2005. Characterization of Bacillus licheniformis as a probiotic. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 20: 359-362.
- Seo HR, Kim JY, Kim JH, Park KY. 2009. Identification of Bacillus cereus in a chungkukjang that showed high anticancer effects against AGS human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. J Med Food 12: 1274-1280. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2009.0081
- Kim SS, Lee JH, Ahn YS, Kim JH, Kang DK. 2003. A fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens D4-7 isolated from chunggukjang: Its characterization and influence of additives on thermostability. Korean J Microbiol Biotechnol 31: 271-276.
- Chang JH, Shim YY, Kim SH, Chee KM, Cha SK. 2005 Fibrinolytic and immunostilmulating activities of Bacillus spp. strains isolated from chungkukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 255-260.
- Jeong SJ, Kwon GH, Chun J, Kim JS, Park CS, Kwon DY, Kim JH. 2007. Cloning of fibrinolytic enzyme gene from Bacillus subtilis isolated from Cheonggukjang and its expression in protease-deficient Bacillus subtilis strains. J Microbiol Biotechnol 17: 1018-1023.
- Fujita M, Nomura K, Hong K, Ito Y, Asada A, Nishimuro S. 1993. Purification and characterization of a strong fibrinolytic enzyme (nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese natto, a popular soybean fermented food in Japan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 197: 1340-1347. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1993.2624
- Sumi H, Hamade H, Tsushima H, Mihara H, Muraki H. 1987. A novel fibrinolytic enzyme (nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese natto, a typical and popular soybean fermented food in Japanese diet. Experientia 43: 1110-1111. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01956052
- Kim YT, Kim WK, Oh HI. 1995. Screening and identification of the fibrinolytic bacterial strain from chungukjang. Korean J Appl Microbial Biotechnol : 1-5.
- Lee SK, Heo S, Bae DH, Choi KH. 1998. Medium optimization for fibrinolytic enzyme production by Bacillus subtilis KCK-7 isolated from Korean traditional chunggukjang. Korea J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 26: 226-231.
- James C, Natalie S. 2004. Microscopy. In Microbiology: a Laboratory Manual. 7th ed. Benjamin Commings, San Francisco, CA, USA. p 27-44.
- Jean FM. 2000. Catalase-peroxidase tests. In Biochemical Tests for Identification of Medical Bacteria. 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, USA. p 78-98.
- Astrup TS, Mullertz S. 1952. The fibrin plate method for estimating fibrinolytic activity. Arch Biochem Biophphys 40: 346-351. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(52)90121-5
- Korea Foods Industry Association. 2009. Food code. Moonyongsa Co., Seoul, Korea. p 319-320.
- Lee HJ, Suh JS. 1981. Effects of Bacillus strains on the Chungkook-jang processing (1) changes of the components and enzyme activities during chungkookjang-koji preparation. Korean J Nutr 14: 97-104.
- Ko HS, Cho DH, Hwang SY, Kim YM. 1999. The effect of quality improvement by chungkukjangs processing methods. Korean J Food Nutr 12: 1-6.
- Manufacturing and Quality Characteristics of the Cheonggukjang Fermented Using Starter Derived from Rice Straw Removed Bacillus cereus Selectively vol.30, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2015.30.1.65
- Characteristics of Chungkookjang Prepared by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens with Different Soybeans and Fermentation Temperatures vol.49, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2013.007
- Quality Characteristics of Various Bean Varieties Fermented with Bacillus subtilis vol.32, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2016.32.5.541
- Characteristics of Chungkookjang Produced by Bacillus subtillus MC31 vol.23, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2013.23.4.560
- Chemical Composition and Nutritional Characteristics of Lentils(Lens culinaris), and Their Application in the Food Industry: A Review vol.47, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.3.273
- Bioactive compounds of Cheonggukjang prepared by different soybean cultivars with Bacillus subtilis HJ18-9 vol.22, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2015.22.4.535