- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Isolation and Identification of Wild Yeasts from Schizandra (Schizandra chinensis) for Wine Production and Its Characterization for Physicochemical and Sensory Evaluations
야생효모의 분리, 동정과 이를 이용한 오미자 발효주의 이화학 및 관능 특성의 비교
- Lee, Si-Hyung (Technology Planning Office, Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture, Forest and Fisheries) ;
- Park, Hae-Kyung (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Myung-Hee (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2010.10.25
- Accepted : 2010.11.23
- Published : 2010.12.31
The purpose of this research was to characterize physicochemical properties and sensory evaluation of schizandra wines fermented by the yeasts, Sacchromyces cerevisiae SH8094 (S. cerevisiae SH8094) and Sacchromyces cerevisiae SH2855 (S. cerevisiae SH2855) isolated from schizandra fruits and stems and compare these results with the results from commercial activated yeast (Lalvin 1118) and a commercial schizandra wine. Three different schizandra wines fermented by S. cerevisiae SH8094, S. cerevisiae SH2855, and Lalvin 1118 showed similar results in pH and titratable acidity. On the other hand, the schizandra wines fermented by S. cerevisiae SH8094 and S. cerevisiae SH2855 showed high brix (
- Kim JS. 1995. New Chinese Medicine. You Sung publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 265-266.
- Lee JS, Lee MG, Lee SW. 1989. A study on the general components and minerals in parts of omija (Schizandra chinensis Baillon). Korean J Dietary Culture 4: 173-176.
- Kang KC, Park JH, Baek SB, Jhin HS, Rhee KS. 1992. Optimization of beverage preparation from Schizandra chinensis Baillon by response surface methodology. Korean J Food Sci Technol 24: 74-81.
- Jang EH, Pyo YH, Ahn MS. 1996. Antiradiant effect of omija (Schiznadra chinesis Baillon) extracts. Korean J Soc Food Sci 12: 372-376.
- Kim HG, Kim YU, Do JJ, Lee YC, Lee BY. 1995. Antiradiant activity and physiological activity of some Korean medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 80-85.
- Park UY, Chang DS, Cho HR. 1992. Screening of antimicrobial activity for medicinal herb extracts. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 21: 91-96.
- Lee SH, Lim YS. 1997. Antimicrobial effects of Schizandra chinensis extract against Listeria minocytogenes. Kor J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 25: 442-447.
- Lee SH. 1997. The antimicrobial activity and mechanism of the omija (Schizandra chinensis Baillon) extracts. PhD Dissertation. Chung Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim KI, Nam JH, Kwon TW. 1973. On the proximate composition organic acids and anthocyanins of omija, Schizandra chinensis Baillon. Korean J Food Sci Technol 5: 178-185.
- Lee JS, Lee SW. 1989. A study on the compositions of free sugars, lipids, and nonvolatile organic acids in parts of omija (Schizandra chinensis Baillon). Korean J Dietary Culture 4: 177-179.
- Lee JS, Lee SW. 1989. A study on the composition of total amino acids and free amino acids in parts of omija (Schizandra chinensis Baillon). Korean J Dietary Culture 4: 181-184.
- Kim OC, Jang HJ. 1994. Volatile components of Schizandra chinensis Baillon. Agric Chem Biotechnol 37: 30-36.
- Chun HJ. 1995. Influence of carrageenan addition on the rheological properties of omija extract jelly. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 33-36.
- Lyu HJ, Oh MS. 2002. Quality characteristics of omija jelly prepared with various starches. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 18: 534-542.
- Hyun HK, Kim HJ, Jeong HC. 2002. A study on determining chemical compositions of Schizandra chinensis. Korean J Plant Res 15: 1-7.
- No WS, Lee SH. 2004. Zymurgy. Baek-san publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 114-117.
- Kim JI, Lee NK, Hahm YT. 2007. Isolation and identification of wild yeast and its use for the production of grape wine. Korean J Microbiol 43: 217-221.
- Lee JH, Park HD. 1997. Isolation and characterization of alcohol fermentation yeasts from persimmon. Korean J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 25: 266-270.
- Moon YJ, Lee MS, Sung CK. 2005. Physicochemical properties of raspberry wine using active dry yeast strains. Korean J Food Nutr 18: 302-308.
- Jung ST, Rhim JW, Kim DH. 1999. Fermentation characteristics of honey wine by Saccharomyces bayanus. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 1044-1049.
- Jeong EJ, Kim YS, Jeong DY, Shin DH. 2006. Yeast selection and comparison of sterilization method for making strawberry wine and changes of physicochemical characteristicsduring its fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 642-647.
- Jang EJ. 1985. Studies on the production of omija wine. MS Thesis. Korea University, Seoul, Korea. p 1-39.
- Park YS, Baek YH, Lee YB, Park GJ, Oh JH, Jang EJ, Kim YB. 1990. Method of omija wine. Korean Patent 90-003705.
- Jang SG, Jung MJ, Lee HY. 2006. Method of omijaju. Korean Patent 10-0566939.
- Ko YH, Kim JH, Koh JS, Kim CJ. 1997. Screening and identification of the yeasts for orange wine and their citric acid decomposition. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 588-594.
- Lee S, Kim M. 2009. Comparison of physicochemical and organoleptic characteristics of omija wines made by different methods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 182-187. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.2.182
- Cletus PK, Christie JR. 1998. Identification and phylogeny of ascomycetous yeasts from analysis of nuclear large subunit (26S) ribosomal DNA partial sequences. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoke 73: 331-371. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1001761008817
- Baleiras Couto MM, Reizinho RG, Duarte FL. 2005. Partial 26S rDNA restriction analysis as a tool to characterize non-Saccharomyces yeast present during red wine fermentations. Int J Food Microbiol 102: 49-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2005.01.005
- AOAC. 2000. Official Methods of Analysis. 17th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC,USA. p 942.
- NTSTSI. 2008. Official Analysis Methods of NTSTSI. National Tax Service Technical Service Institute. Seoul, Korea. p 37-115.
- KFDA. 2006. Food Code. Korean Food Industry Association, Seoul, Korea. p 689.
- Park MH, Lee JO, Kim EJ, Kim JW, Lee HH, Kim HH, Lee SI, Kim YH, Ryu CH. 2008. Establishment of tannin enhancement conditions for development of high quality wild grape wine. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1-7. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.7.921
- Cho KM, Lee JB, Kahng GG, Seo WT. 2006. A study on the making of sweet persimmon (Diospyros kaki T) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 785-792.
- Kang TS, Woo KS, Lee JS, Jeong HS. 2006. Fermentation characteristics of wine using fresh jujube. Food Eng Prog 10: 164-171.
- Hwang Y, Lee KK, Jung GT, Ko BR, Choi DC, Choi YG, Eun JB. 2004. Manufacturing of wine with watermelon. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 50-57.
- Kim JO, Jang K, Cho NC. 2001. Studies on manufacture of kiwi fruit-wine. J Korean Soc Ind Food Technol 5: 99-104.
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activity of Makgeolli Supplemented with Omija Berries (Schizandra chinensis Baillon) vol.47, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.3.328
- Effect of Rice Flour Sourdough Fermented with Omija (Schizandra chinensis) Extract on Quality Characteristics of Bread vol.47, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.6.704
- Screening of Biogenic Amine Non-Producing Yeast and Optimization of Culture Conditions Using Statistical Method for Manufacturing Black Raspberry Wine vol.44, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.4.592
- Identification of characterization and statistical optimization of medium constituent for Bacillus subtilis SCJ4 isolated from Korean traditional fermented food vol.51, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2015.5004