- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Microbe and Quality Changes of Ready-to-Eat Lettuce during Storage at Different Temperatures
신선편이 양상추의 온도별 저장 중 미생물과 품질변화
- Cho, Sun-Kyung (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Kyungwon University) ;
- Kwon, Hye-Soon (Nonghyup Food Research Institute) ;
- Park, Jong-Hyun (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Kyungwon University)
- Received : 2010.09.24
- Accepted : 2010.10.12
- Published : 2010.12.31
Microbe and quality changes of vacuum-packaged ready-to-eat lettuce were analyzed. While the vacuumpackaged lettuce after chlorine sanitizer were stored at
- Bae HJ. 2001. Survey on sanitation practice and the analysis of improvement by implementing HACCP system in foodservice operation. PhD Dissertation. Sookmyung University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee SH. 2003. Application of electrolyzed water for microbiological quality control in vegetable salads flow of school foofservices. PhD Dissertation. Dankook University, Seoul, Korea. p 6-12.
- Lim JH, Cho JH, Hong SI, Jeong, MC, Kim, DM. 2005. Quality changes of fresh-cut potatoes during storage dependimg on the packaging treatments. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 933-938.
- Kown JY, Kim BS, Kim GH. 2006. Effect of washing methods and surface sterilization on quality of fresh-cut chicory (Clchorium intybus L. var. foliosum). Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 28-34.
- Choi JW, Park SY, Yeon JH, Lee MJ, Chung DH. 2005. Microbial contamination levels of fresh vegetables distributed in markets. J Food Hyg Safety 20: 43-47.
- Lee SH. 2004. Effect of electrolyzed water and chlorinated water on sensory and microbiological characteristics of lettuce. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 589-597.
- KFDA. http://fm.kfda.go.kr/ Accessed Oct. 22, 2010
- Kim BS, Kim DC, Lee SE, Jeong JW. 1995. Freshness prolongation of crisphead lettuce by vacuum cooling and coldchain system. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 546-554.
- Goepfert JM, Spira WM, Kim HU. 1972. Bacillus cereus: Food poisoning organism. A review. J Milk Food Technol 35: 213-231. https://doi.org/10.4315/0022-2747-35.4.213
- Jung DW, Kim YW, Shon JR, Byeon SH. 2003. The degree to which publicly circulated ice creams are contaminated with general bacteria and E. coli bacteria. J Health Sci Med Technol 29: 56-61.
- Cho SD, Kim DM. 2008. Quality evaluation of fresh-cut lettuce during storage. Korean J Food Nutr 21: 28-34.
- Sagoo SK, Little CL, Ward L, Gillespie IA, Mitchell RT. 2003. Microbiological study of ready-to-eat salad vegetables from retail establishments uncovers a national outbreak of Salmonellosis. J Food Prot 66: 403-409. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-66.3.403
- FDA, CFSAN, Office of Plant and Dairy Foods and Beverages. 2001. FDA survey of imported fresh produce. http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/Food.
- Friesema I, Schimmer B, Stenvers O, Heuvelink A, de Boer E, van der Zwaluw K, de Jager C, Notermans D, van Ouwerkerk I, de Jonge R, van Pelt W. 2007. STEC O157 outbreak in the Netherlands, September-October 2007. Euro Surveill 12: E071101.1.
- FDA. 1999. The guide to minimize microbial food safety hazards for fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Shoichi Y, Eiji O, Norio A, Kasthuri V. 1999. Cloning and nucleotide sequence analysis of gyrB of Bacillus cereus, B. thuringiensis, B. mycoides, and B. anthracis and their application to the detection of B. cereus in rice. Appl Environ Microbiol 65: 1483-1490.
- Kim JS, Bang OK, Chang HC. 2004. Examination of microbiological contamination of ready-to-eat vegetable salad. J Fd Hyg Safety 19: 60-65.
- Kubheka LC, Mosupye FM, Holy VA. 2001. Microbiological survey of street-vended salad and gravy in Johannesburg city, South Africa. Food Control 12: 127-131. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-7135(00)00030-X
- Solberg M, Buckalwe JJ, Chen CM, Schaffner DW, O’neil K, McDowell J, Post LS, Boderch M. 1990. Microbiological safety assurance system for food service facilities. Food Technol 44: 68-73.
- Fleet GH. 1992. Spoilage yeasts. Crit Rev Biotechnol 12: 1-44. https://doi.org/10.3109/07388559209069186
- Oliveira M, Usall J, Vinas I, Anguera M, Gatius F, Abadias M. 2010. Microbiological quality of fresh lettuce from organic and conventional production. Food Microbiol 27: 679-684. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2010.03.008
- Chen Z, Zhu C, Zhang Y, Niu D, Du J. 2010. Effects of aqueous chlorine dioxide treatment on enzymatic browning and shelf-life of fresh-cut asparagus lettuce (Lactica sativa L.) Postharvest Biol Technol doi:10.1016/j.postharvbio.2010.06.004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2010.06.004
- Monitoring of Quality Characteristics of Danmooji Product Storage Temperatures for Storage Temperature Establishment vol.19, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.6.818
- Effects of Optimized Co-treatment Conditions with Ultrasound and Low-temperature Blanching Using the Response Surface Methodology on the Browning and Quality of Fresh-cut Lettuce vol.19, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.4.470
- A Study on the Types and Growth Patterns of Microorganisms and Quality Characteristics in Cherry Tomatoes and Head Lettuces According to Storage Period and Temperature vol.26, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2013.26.4.700
- Investigation of Microbial Contamination in Oenanthe javanica at Postharvest Environments vol.29, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2014.29.4.268
- Investigation of Microbial Contamination Levels of Leafy Greens and Its Distributing Conditions at Different Time - Focused on Perilla leaf and Lettuce - vol.27, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2012.27.3.277
- Microbial Prevalence and Quality of Organic Farm Produce from Various Production Sites vol.46, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.2.262
- Changes of Microbial Populations on Major Leafy Vegetables Cultivated by Different Methods from Production to Washing Stages vol.33, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2018.33.1.38