- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Enhancement of Antioxidant Activities of Codonopsis lanceolata and Fermented Codonopsis lanceolata by Ultra High Pressure Extraction
초고압 추출 처리에 의한 더덕 및 발효더덕의 항산화 증진
- Park, Sung-Jin (Dept. of Tourism Food Service Cuisine, Hallym College) ;
- Park, Dong-Sik (Funtional Food & Nutrition Division, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Lee, Su-Bock (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology) ;
- He, Xin-Long (Dept. of Biomaterials Engineering, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University) ;
- Ahn, Ju-Hee (Dept. of Biomaterials Engineering, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yoon, Won-Byung (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology) ;
- Lee, Hyeon-Yong (Dept. of Biomaterials Engineering, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University)
- 박성진 (한림성심대학 관광외식조리과) ;
- 박동식 (농촌진흥청 기능성식품과) ;
- 이수복 (강원대학교 BT특성화학부대학 식품생명공학과) ;
- 허신용 (강원대학교 BT특성화학부대학 생물소재공학과) ;
- 안주희 (강원대학교 BT특성화학부대학 생물소재공학과) ;
- 윤원병 (강원대학교 BT특성화학부대학 식품생명공학과) ;
- 이현용 (강원대학교 BT특성화학부대학 생물소재공학과)
- Received : 2010.09.01
- Accepted : 2010.11.17
- Published : 2010.12.31
This study was designed to evaluate antioxidant activity of low-quality Codonopsis lanceolata treated by fermentation process followed by hydraulic high pressure extraction. C. lanceolata was subjected to 5,000 bar for 30 min at
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Dean RT, Gieseg Davies MJ. 1993. Reactive species and their accumulation on radical damaged proteins. Trends Biochem Sci 18: 437-441. https://doi.org/10.1016/0968-0004(93)90145-D
- Kim JP, Chon IJ, Cho HK, Han IH, Whang WK. 2004. The antioxidant and the antidiabetic effects of ethanol extract from biofunctional foods prescriptions. Kor J Pharmacogn 35: 98-103.
- Jung SJ, Lee JH, Song HN, Seong NS, Lee SE, Beak NI. 2004. Screening for antioxidant activity of plant medicinal extracts. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 47: 135-140.
- Ames BN, Saul RL. 1987. Oxidative DNA damage, cancer and aging. Oxygen and human disease. Am Inter Med 107: 536-539.
- Branen AL. 1975. Toxicology and biochemistry of butylated hydroxy anisol and butylated hydroxytoluene. J Am Oil Chem Soc 52: 59-63. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02901825
- Choe SY, Yang KH. 1982. Toxicological studies of antioxidants butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and butylated hydroxy anisol (BHA). Korean J Food Sci Technol 14: 283-288.
- Pratt DE, Huang MT, Ho ST, Lee CY. 1992. Antioxidants and cancer prevention. In Phenolic Compounds in Food and Their Effects on Health (Ⅱ) . American Chemical Society, Washington DC, USA. p 54-71.
- Park JH, Lee HS, Mun HC, Kim DH, Seong NS, Jung HG, Bang JK, Lee HY. 2004. Effect of ultrasonification process on enhancement of immuno-stimulatory activity of Ephedra sinica Stapf and Rubus coreanus Miq. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 19: 113-117.
- Bennett PB, Marquis RE, Demchenko I. 1998. High pressure biology and medicine. University of Rochester Press, New York, USA. p 1-428.
- Kim CH, Kwon MC, Syed AQ, Hwang B, Nam JH, Lee HY. 2007. Toxicity reduction and improvement of anticancer activities from Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor by ultra high pressure extracts process. Korean J Med Crop Sci 15: 411-416.
- Kim CH, Chung MH. 1975. Pharmacognostical studies on Codonopsis lanceolata. Kor J Pharmacog 6: 43-47.
- Park SJ, Song SW, Seong DH, Park DS, Kim SS, Gou JY, Ahn JH, Yoon WB, Lee HY. 2009. Biological activities in the extract of fermented Codonopsis lanceolata. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 983-988. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.8.983
- Park SJ, Seong DH, Park DS, Kim SS, Gou JY, Ahn JH, Yoon WB, Lee HY. 2009. Chemical compositions of fermented Codonopsis lanceolata. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 396-400. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.3.396
- Gutfinger T. 1981. Polyphenols in olive oils. JAOCS 58: 966-967. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02659771
- Moreno MI, Isla MI, Sampietro AR, Vattuone MA. 2000. Comparison of the free radical-scavenging activity of propolis from several regions of Argentina. J Ethnopharmacol 71: 109-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00189-0
- Lee HH, Lee SY. 2008. Cytotoxic and antioxidant effects of Taraxacum coreanum Nakai. and T. officinale WEB. extracts. Korean J Med Crop Sci 16: 79-85.
- Oyaizu M. 1986. Studies on products of browning reactions: antioxidative activities of products of browning reaction prepared from glucosamine. J pn J Nutr 44: 307-315. https://doi.org/10.5264/eiyogakuzashi.44.307
- He XL, Kim SS, Park SJ, Seong DH, Yoon WB, Lee HY, Park DS, Ahn JH. 2010. Combined effects of probiotic fermentation and high-pressure extraction on the antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antimutagenic activities of Deodeok (Codonopsis lanceolata). J Agric Food Chem 58: 1719-1725. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf903493b
- Kim JH, Kim JK, Kang WW, Ha YS, Choi SW, Moon KD. 2003. Chemical composition and DPPH radical scavenger activity in different sections of safflower. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 733-738. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.5.733
- Antioxidant Activity of Soy-sprout Extracts Prepared by Enzyme and Ultra High Pressure vol.43, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.8.1228
- Screening of Skin Whitening Activity of Codonopsis lanceolata Extract by Complex Steaming Process vol.21, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.1.54
- Nutritional quality of Peucedanum japonicum Thunb. leaves in relation to ripening time, growing condition and blanching vol.21, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.6.784
- Quality Changes of Minimally Processed Sliced Deodeok (Codonopsis lanceolata) during Storage by Packaging Method vol.19, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.5.626
- Enhancement of Immune Activity of the Extracts from Codonopsis lanceolata by Stepwise Steaming Process and High Pressure Process vol.22, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2014.22.2.134
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Rehmanniae radix Paste vol.40, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.11.1518
- Evaluation of Physicochemical Properties and Biological Activities of Steamed and Fermented Deodeok (Codonopsis lanceolata) vol.44, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.1.135
- Antioxidant Activities of Cedrela sinensis Hydrolysates Prepared Using Various Enzymes vol.47, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.4.413
- Antioxidant Activities of Processed Deoduck (Codonopsis lanceolata) Extracts vol.42, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.6.924
- Enhancement of Cosmeceutical Activity from Codonopsis lanceolata Extracts by Stepwise Steaming Process vol.21, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.3.204
- Enhancement of Antioxidative Activity of Codonopsis lanceolata by Stepwise Steaming Process vol.20, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.4.238
- Effects of High Pressure Treatment on Antioxidant Compounds and Activity of Germinated Rough Rice (Oryza sativa L.) vol.42, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.11.1783
- Changes in Quality Characteristics of Cheongkukjang added with Deodeok vol.18, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.2.171