- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Bending Analysis of Three Phase Polymer Composite Plate Reinforced by Glass Fiber and Titanium Oxide Particles Including Creep Effect
- Duc, Nguyen Dinh (University of Engineering and Technology, Vietnam National University) ;
- Minh, Dinh Khac (Shipbuilding Science and Technology Institute) ;
- VanThu, Pham (Vietnam Maritime University)
- Published : 2010.12.15
Three phase composite materials are widely used in the shipbuilding industry. When reinforced with fiber and particle, the physical and mechanical properties of polymer composite materials are improved. This paper presents the bending analysis of a three phase composite plate with an epoxy matrix, reinforced glass fiber and titanium oxide particles including creep effect when shear stress is taken into account. The obtained results indicate that creep strains lead to compression in the composite material. Introducing reinforced fibers and particles reduces the plate's deflection, when increasing the stretch coefficient allows the calculation of creep deflection during a long loading period.
- Dinh, K. M. and Pham, V. T. (2009a). The bending analysis of 3-phase composite plate. Journal of Transportation and Vehicle, issue 7, 47-49.
- Dinh, K. M. and Pham, V. T. (2009b). The mechanical behaviour of 3-phase composite reinforced with fibers and particles. Proceeding of National Mechanics Conference, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Grin, A. and Adkinc, D. (1985). The Nonlinear Theory of Continum Mechanics. Moscow: MIR.
- Iliushin, A. A. and Ogibalov, P. M. (1966). Theory of viscoelastic and method of parameters. Journal of Mechanics of Polymers, issue 2, 190-196.
- Iliushin, A. A. and Pobedrya, B. E. (1970). The Basis of Mathematical Theory for Thermovisco Elastics. Moscow: Nauka.
- Malmeiter, A. K., Tamyz, V. P., and Teterc, G. A. (1980). Strength of Polymers and Composite Materials. Riga: Zinatie.
- Nguyen, D. D. and Dinh, K. M. (2010). Bending analysis of three-phase polymer composite plates reinforced by glass fibers and titanium oxide particles. Computational Materials Science, 49, 194-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2010.04.016
- Rabotnov, Y. N. (1966). The Creep of Element Structural. Moscow: Nauka.
- Rabotnov, Y. N. (1998). Mechanics of Deformed Solid Bodies. Moscow: Nauka.
- Rjanhixin, A. R. (1968). Theory of Creep. Moscow: Ctroi.