- Volume 20 Issue 2
The Effect of Core Program Exercise on Dynamic Balance of the Patient with Post-Stroke Hemiplegia
코어프로그램이 편마비환자의 동적 균형 감각에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Kwang-Soo (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Korea University Medical Center An-San Hospital) ;
- Seo, Hyun-Du (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Sahm-Yook University) ;
- Lee, Byoung-Hee (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Sahm-Yook University) ;
- Kim, Seong-Yeol (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Sahm-Yook University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Soo (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung-Hee University)
- 김광수 (고려대학교의료원 안산병원물리치료실) ;
- 서현두 (삼육대학교 물리치료학과) ;
- 이병희 (삼육대학교 물리치료학과) ;
- 김성렬 (삼육대학교 물리치료학과) ;
- 이종수 (경희대학교 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2010.03.15
- Accepted : 2010.04.14
- Published : 2010.04.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to analyze and to compare the difference and the change between dynamic balance exercise group and dynamic balance exercise with core program exercise group. Also, based on this data, to prescribe effective exercises for hemiplegic patients and the pubis in order to achieve more effective dynamic balance exercise rehabilitation and better dynamic balance exercise in the field of therapeutical exercise. Methods : Twenty subjects(Core program exercise plus Dynamic balance exercise group, CP: 10, Dynamic balance exercise group, NCP: 10) were chosen among hemiplegic patients. Measurements of dynamic balance were evaluated at initial presentation(pretest) and after 4, 8, 12 weeks'. Paired t-test and Repeated measured ANOVA was utilized to detect the mean difference between the groups. Results : Firstly, after 4 weeks' and 8 weeks' and 12 weeks' CP exercise and NCP exercise, there were all significant difference to increase dynamic balance (p<0.05). secondly, after 4 weeks' and 8 weeks' and 12 weeks' CP and NCP exercise, there was significant difference to increase dynamic balance more CP group than NCP group. Lastly, among 4 weeks' and 8 weeks' and 12 weeks' CP exercise, there was progressively significant difference to increase dynamic balance(p<0.05). Conclusions : This study showed that dynamic balance exercise with core program exercise is an effective treatment strategy for hemiplegic patients than dynamic balance exercise rehabilitation.
- Bobath B. Adult hemiplegia evaluation and treatment. 3rd ed. Oxford:Butterwath Heinemann. 1990:1-5.
- Geurts AC, Ribbers GM, Knoop JA, et Limbeek JV. Identification of static and dynamic postural instability following traumatic brain injury. Archphys Med Rehabil. 1996;77(7):639-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(96)90001-5
- Wall JC, Turnbull GI. Gait asymmetries in residual hemiplegia. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1986;67(8):550-3.
- Bobath B. The application of physiological principles to stroke rehabilitation. Practitioner. 1979;223(1338):793-4.
- Carr JH, Shepherd RB, Nordholm L, Lynne D. Investigation of a new motor assessment scale for stroke patients. Phys Ther.1985;65(2) :175-80 https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/65.2.175
- Davies M. Right in the Middle:selective trunk activity in the treatment of hemiplegia. Berlin, Heidelberg:Springer-Verlag.1990:31-65.
- Tarsy D, Sudarsky L, Charness UE. Limb dystonia following electrical injury. Mov. Disod. 1994;9(2):230-2.
- Bobath B. Treatment of adult hemiplegia. Physiotherapy.1977;63(10):310-3.
- Kerrigan DC, Gronlev J, Perry J. Stiff-legged gait in spastic paresis. A study of quadriceps and hamstrings muscle activity. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1991;70(6):294-300
- Trueblood PR. Partial body weight treadmill training in persons with chronic stroke. Neurorehabilitation. 2001;16(3):141-53
- Kisner C, Colby LA. 운동치료총론. 4판. 서울:영문출판사. 2005:831
- Brill P, Couzens GS. Thecoreprogram.1st ed. New York:Bantam. 2003:1-231
- 김대훈. 코어프로그램이 만성요통환자의 요부신전 근력과 통증에 미치는 영향.고려대학교 의용과학대학원. 석사학위 논문. 2005.
- Akuthota V, Nadler SF. Core strengthening. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004;85(8):86-92.
- 최미선, 김창환. 8주간의 코어프로그램이 중년여성의 요추전만각,요부근력 및 유연성에 미치는 영향. 한국스포츠리서치. 2006;17(5):767-74.
- 이종수, 송윤경. 코어 프로그램. 서울:한언. 2002 :112-52
- Dickstein R, Shefi S, Marcovitz E, Villa Y. Anticipatory postural adjustment in selected trunk musclesin poststroke hemiparetic patients. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004;85(2):261-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.05.011
- Hodges PW, Richardson CA. Contraction of the abdominal muscles associated with movement of the lowerlimb. Phys Ther. 1997;77(2):132-42. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/77.2.132
- Saunders SW, Rath D,Hodges PW. Postural and respiratory activation of the trunk muscle change with mode and speed of locomotion. Gait Posture. 2004;20(3):280-90 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2003.10.003
- Marigold DS, Eng JJ, Tokuno CD, Donnelly CA. Contribution of muscle strength and integration of afferent input to postural instability in persons with stroke. Neurorehabilitation Neural Repair. 2004;18(4):222-9. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968304271171
- Kligyte I,Lundy-Ekman L, Medeiros JM. Relationship between lower extremity muscle strength and dynamic balance in people post-stroke. MEDICINE. 2003;39(2):122-8.
- Karatas M, Cetin N, Bayramoglu M, Dilek A. Trunk muscle strength in relation to balance and functional disability in unihemispheric stroke patients. Am Jphysical Medicine Rehabil. 2004;83(2):81-7. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000107486.99756.C7
- Blomberg S, Svardsudd K, Tibblin G. Manual therapy with steroid injectionsin low-back pain. Improvement of quality of lifein a controlled trial with fourmonths' follow-up. Scand J Prim Health Care. 1993;11(2):83-90. https://doi.org/10.3109/02813439308994908