- Volume 20 Issue 4
A Literatural Study on the Evidence of Using Thermotherapy and Cryotherapy of Cutaneous and Muscle Meridian in Korean Medical Physiotherapy
한방이학요법 중 경피경근온냉요법에 대한 문헌적 고찰
- Choi, Bo-Mi (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dae-Jeon University) ;
- Hong, Seo-Young (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dae-Jeon University)
- 최보미 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 홍서영 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2010.09.19
- Accepted : 2010.10.10
- Published : 2010.10.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to establish literatural evidence about thermotherapy and cryotherapy for Korean medicine through literatural review. Methods : Applicable paragraphs which were related to the thermotherapy and cryotherapy of cutaneous and muscle meridian were phrased from in "Yibujicheng(醫部集成) and "Dongyibaojian(東醫寶鑑)" where were archiving of Oriental or Korean medicine literatures. Searched paragraphs were analysed for establishing historical and theoretical bases of thermotherapy and cryotherapy in Korean medicine. Results : Thermotherapy of cutaneous and muscle meridian(經皮經筋溫熱療法) such as hot pack, warm water therapy, paraffin bath, ultrasound is originated from yu(慰) warm water(溫水) hot water(熱水). Matching indications are various pain conditions(caused by coldness(寒), hard-work(僗若), extravasated blood(瘀血), inflammatory skin disease, frostbite and several internal diseases. It also treats gynecological diseases and facial palsy. Diathermic therapy on acupuncture points(穴位照射溫熱療法) such as infra-red, microwave, shortwave is originated from huolu(火爐), wenlu(溫爐), xianglu(香爐), lamp light(燈火). Its objective is to improve the effects of herb medicine by aiding sweating or to treat the residual symptoms of fever disease or to care skin disease and pain from bone fracture, contusion. Cryotherapy of cutaneous and muscle meridian(經皮經筋溫寒冷療法) such as ice pack, ice spray, iced whirpool, cool water bath is originated from lengfu(冷敷), lengtie(冷貼), lengshiyu(冷石熨). Matching indications are contusions, animal bite injury, corn(肉刺) and (淋病), eye disease, nasal bleeding, hemorrhoid, inflammatory skin disease and chicken pox. Conclusions : Thermotherapy and cryotherapy of cutaneous and muscle meridian(經皮經筋溫冷療法) are the treatments which were used in Korean medicine from the ancient Korean medicine. As scientific equipments were originated from yu(慰), huolu(火爐), wenlu(溫爐), xianglu(香爐), lamp light(燈火). lengfu(冷敷), lengtie(冷貼), lengshiyu(冷石熨). It can be said that these are elements of Korean medicine. More rigorous studies are needed to establish clinical evidence about not only thermotherapy and cryotherapy but also the other physiotherapy of Korean medicine.
- 한방재활의학과학회. 한방재활의학. 제 2판. 서울:군자출판사. 2005:317-8, 331-40, 354-5.
- 임준규. 동의물리요법과학. 서울:고문사. 1986:3-4, 159-64.
- 송태원, 이철완. 이학적 자극인자를 이용한 치료방법에 대한 문헌적 고찰. 동의물리과학회지. 1993;3(1):133-52.
- 신미숙, 신병철, 이명종, 김호준, 송윤경, 송미연, 신승우, 임병묵. 한의원의 한방물리요법 이용 현황과 건강보험 급여화에 대한 인식. 한방재활의과학회지. 2009;19(3):101-9.
- 한국한의학연구원. 의부집성. http://www.krpia.co.kr/pcontent/?sycid=KR&proid=78. 2004.
- 허준. 동의보감. 동의보감출판사. 2004:359, 681, 684, 766, 851, 1296, 1297, 1558.
- 한태륜, 방문석 외 57인. 재활의학. 제 3판. 서울:군자출판사. 2008:160-72.
- 네이버사전. http://terms.naver.com/item.nhn?dirId=1208&docId=48659. 2010.09.13.
- 노인장기요양보험. 건강보험 보장성 강화. 2009.12.14. URL:http://www.longtermcare.or.kr/portal/ny/jsp/p/d/03/nypd_publicDatalst_R.jsp?bltBdCd=1101&act=VIEW&boardId=50076. 2010.08.20.
- 김구영. 병인론. 선. 2001:11.
- 네이버 사전. http://terms.naver.com/item.nhn?dirId=1207&docId=60506. 2010.09.16.
- Michlovitz S, Rennine S. Heat therapy modalities: beyond fake and lake. Philadelphia:Michlovitz S and Nolan T editors Modalities for therapeutic intervention 4th edition. 2005:61-78.
- Michlovitz S. Cold therapy modalities: Frozen peas and more. Philadelphia:Michlovitz S and Nolan T editors Modalities for therapeutic intervention 4th edition. 2005:141-64.