- Volume 20 Issue 4
Quantity and Quality Assessment of Randomized Controlled Trials in the Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine
한방재활의학과학회지에 수록된 무작위대조시험 연구의 양적, 질적 평가
- Kwon, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Dong-Guk Univ-Seoul, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Nam, Jong-Kyung (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Dong-Guk Univ-Seoul, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Jung, Min-Kyu (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Dong-Guk Univ-Seoul, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Kim, Ho-Jun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Dong-Guk Univ-Seoul, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Lee, Myeong-Jong (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Dong-Guk Univ-Seoul, Graduate School of Oriental Medicine)
- 권동현 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 남종경 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 정민규 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 김호준 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 이명종 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2010.09.15
- Accepted : 2010.10.09
- Published : 2010.10.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to perform quantity and quality assessment of randomized controlled trials(RCTs) in the journal of oriental rehabilitation medicine(JORM). Methods : Upon extracting randomized controlled trial from all the articles published in the JORM from 1991 to 2009, assessments were made on the adequacy of the consolidated standards of reporting trials(CONSORT) checklist. The assessment were performed independently by two researchers, and adjustment of the differences were done by discussions. Results : Among the 824 articles from 1981 to 1999, 33 RCTs were selected. 4 RCTs were published from 1991 to 2002, and 29 RCTs were published from 2003 to 2009. Adequacy of the CONSORT checklist was 29.4%(27.3% from 1999 to 2005, 31.6% from 2006 to 2009). Conclusions : RCTs of the JORM consistently increased in quantity and quality. But researchers should make an effort to reporting more accurate.
- Sackett DL, Rosenberg WMC, Gray JAM, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn't: It's about integrating individual clinical expertise and the best external evidence. BMJ. 1996;312(7023):71-2. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.312.7023.71
- 박병주. 근거중심 보건의료. 고려의학. 2009:37-63.
- D Moher, B Pham, A Jones, D Cook, A Jadad, M Moher, P Tugwell, T Klassen. Does quality of reports of randomised trials affect estimates of intervention efficacy reported in meta-analyses? The lancet. 1998;352(9128):609-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(98)01085-X
- Begg C, Cho M, Eastwood S, Horton R, Moher D, Olkin I, et al. Improving 5 the quality of reporting of randomized controlled trials. The CONSORT statement. JAMA. 1996;276:637-9. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.276.8.637
- Altman DG. Endorsement of the CONSORT statement by high impact medical journals: survey of instructions for authors. BMJ. 2005;330:1056-7. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.330.7499.1056
- Moher D, Schulz KF, Altman DG. The CONSORT statement: revised 7 recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomized trials. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134(7):657-62. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-134-8-200104170-00011
- Kenneth F Schulz, Douglas G Altman, David Moher. CONSORT 2010 Statement: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials. BMJ. 2010;340:698-702.
- 김도헌, 이인선. 한방재활의학과 관련 논문에 대한 조사연구. 한방재활의학과학회지. 1998;8(2):243-69.
- 전민정, 이인선, 안정란, 차상철. 한방재활의학과학회지에 수록된 임상논문에 대한 체계적 분석과 적용 - 요통을 중심으로 -. 한방재활의학과학회지. 2002;12(1):101-9.
- Moher D, Hopewell S, Schulz KF, Montori V, Gotzsche PC, Devereaux PJ, Elbourne D, Egger M, Altman DG; for the CONSORT Group. CONSORT 2010 Explanation and Elaboration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trial. BMJ. 2010;340:c869. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c869
- 정우빈, 이경우, 황인홍, 이동희, 김수영. 대한 가정의학회지에 실린 무작위대조군시험논문의 질 평가. 대한가정의학회지. 2009;30(8):626-31. https://doi.org/10.4082/kjfm.2009.30.8.626
- 김석원, 최윤선, 안형식, 이희영, 안덕선, 이영미. 국내 학회지에 실린 무작위임상시험논문의 양적 분석 및 질 평가. 대한가정의학회지. 2004;25:118-25.
- MacPherson H, Altman DG, Hammerschlag R, Youping L, Taixiang W, White A, Moher D; STRICTA Revision Group. Revised STandards for Reporting Interventions in Clinical Trials of Acupuncture(STRICTA): extending the CONSORT statement. Acupuncture in Medicine. 2010;28:83-93. https://doi.org/10.1136/aim.2009.001370
- Gagnier JJ, Boon H, Rochon P, Moher D, Barnes J, Bombardier C. Reporting randomized, controlled trials of herbal interventions: an elaborated CONSORT statement. Ann Intern Med. 2006;144(5):364-7. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-144-5-200603070-00013
- 박동훈, 백순구. 무작위 비교연구의 설계와 진행. 대한간학회지. 2006;12(3):309-14.
- Catherine Hewitt, Seokyung Hahn, David J Torgerson, Judith Watson, J Martin Bland. Adequacy and reporting of allocation concealment: review of recent trials published in four general medical journals. BMJ. 2005;330:1057-8. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.38413.576713.AE
- 황예원, 이경우, 황인홍, 김수영. 국내 의학 잡지에 게재된 무작위대조임상시험 논문들의 보고의 질. 대한가정의학회지. 2008;29:276-82.
- Martin J Gardner, Douglas G Altman. Confidence intervals rather than P values: estimation rather than hypothesis testing. BMJ. 1986;292:746-50. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.292.6522.746
- David Moher, Alison Jones, Leah Lepage. Use of the CONSORT statement and quality of reports of randomized trials. JAMA. 2001;285(15):1992-5. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.285.15.1992