- Volume 19 Issue 5
Reliability-based Shape Optimization Using Growth Strain Method
성장-변형률법을 이용한 신뢰성 기반 형상 최적화
- 오영규 (한양대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 박재용 (한양대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 임민규 (한양대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 박재용 (한양대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 한석영 (한양대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2010.04.20
- Accepted : 2010.09.03
- Published : 2010.10.15
This paper presents a reliability-based shape optimization (RBSO) using the growth-strain method. An actual design involves uncertain conditions such as material property, operational load, Poisson's ratio and dimensional variation. The purpose of the RBSO is to consider the variations of probabilistic constraint and performances caused by uncertainties. In this study, the growth-strain method was applied to shape optimization of reliability analysis. Even though many papers for reliability-based shape optimization in mathematical programming method and ESO (Evolutionary Structural Optimization) were published, the paper for the reliability-based shape optimization using the growth-strain method has not been applied yet. Growth-strain method is applied to performance measure approach (PMA), which has probabilistic constraints that are formulated in terms of the reliability index, is adopted to evaluate the probabilistic constraints in the change of average mises stress. Numerical examples are presented to compare the DO with the RBSO. The results of design example show that the RBSO model is more reliable than deterministic optimization. It was verified that the reliability-based shape optimization using growth-strain method are very effective for general structure. The purpose of this study is to improve structure's safety considering probabilistic variable.
- Kim, C. I., Wang, S. M., Bae, K. R., and Moon, H. G., 2006, "Reliability-Based Topology Optimization with Uncertainties," Int. J KSME., Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 494-504.
- Bang, S. H. and Min, S. J., 2006, "Reliability-Based Topology Optimization Using Single-Loop Single Vector Approach," Int. J. KSME, Vol. 30. No. 8, pp. 889-896.
- Kim, C., Wang, S. M., Hwang, I. H., and Lee, J. G., 2007, "Application of Reliability-Based Topology Optimization for Micro electro mechanical Systems," AIAA. J., Vol. 45, pp. 2926-2934. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.28508
- Kim, C. I., Wang, S. M., Bae, K. R., and Moon H. G., 2007, "Reliability-Based Topology Opimization with Uncertainties," Int. J. KSME., Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 494-504.
- Choi, S. K., Grandhi, R. V., and Canfield, R. A., 2007, Reliability-based Structural design, Springer, London, pp. 10-16.
- Y. L. Hsu., 1994, "A review of structural shape optimization," Comput. in Industry, Vol. 26, pp. 3-13.
- Youn, B. D., 2006, "Adaptive-Loop Method For Non-Deterministic Design Optimization," Proc. IMechE, Part O: J. Risk and Reliability, Vol. 221, No. 2, pp. 107-116.
- Azegami, H., 1992, "Shape Optimization of Solid Structures Using the Growth-Strain Method," J. SAE, No. 921063.
- Han, S. Y. and Bai, H. W., 2000, "Shape Optimization for Multi-Connected Structures," J. KSAE, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 151-158.