- Volume 43 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development and Application of Dynamic Water Quality Model in Nakdong River
동적수질해석모형의 개발과 낙동강에의 적용
- Kwon, Na-Young (School of Archi. & Civil Engineering, Kyungpook National Univ.) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Gu (School of Archi. & Civil Engineering, Kyungpook National Univ.) ;
- Yu, Jae-Jung (Nakdong River Water Quality Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Han, Kun-Yeun (School of Archi. & Civil Engineering, Kyungpook National Univ.)
- 권나영 (경북대학교 공과대학 건축.토목공학부) ;
- 최현구 (경북대학교 공과대학 건축.토목공학부) ;
- 유재정 (국립환경과학원 낙동강물환경연구소) ;
- 한건연 (경북대학교 공과대학 건축.토목공학부)
- Published : 2010.03.31
The objective of this study is to develop an accurate and stable dynamic water quality model which is capable of reflecting various flows and irregular cross sections and handling numerical oscillations under the low flow conditions. In order to solve the oscillation problem under the low flow conditions, diffusive wave method was applied to the low flow condition in developing a hydraulic model, DyHYD. DyQUAL is also developed as a water quality model to calculate up to 12 water quality variables including autochthonous BOD, water temperature, DO, TN and TP. The developed model is applied to both hypothetical river channels and actual Nakdong river watershed. Additionally, the applicability and reliability of the models are verified by comparing simulation results with observed values. Nash-Sutcliffe coefficients are estimated by comparison between simulation results and observed values. In the calibration and verification process, the coefficients varies from 0.391 to 0.591 and 0.704 to 0.902 for discharge, BOD, TN and TP, respectively.
- 국립환경과학원(2009). 수질오염총량관리를 위한 '08 낙동강수계 목표수질측정망 운영결과 보고서. pp. 178-187.
- 고익환, 노준우, 김영도(2005). “정상 및 비정상상태 하천수질모형의 비교”. 한국수자원학회 논문집, 제38권, 제6호, pp. 505-515. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.6.505
- 노준우, 이상욱, 정세웅(2008). “유역통합수자원관리를 위한 하천수질 예측시스템의 개발 및 적용”. 한국수자원학회지, 제41권, 제1호, pp. 33-38.
- 노준우, 이상욱, 정성태(2008). “동적하천수질모형을 활용한 증가방류 모의”. 한국수자원학회지, 제41권, 제10호, pp. 48-51.
- 정세웅(2004). “저수지 플러싱 방류 효과분석을 위한 비정상상태 하천수질모형의 적용”. 한국수자원학회논문집, 제37권, 제10호, pp. 857-868. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.10.857
- Amein, M. (1968). “An implicit method for numerical flood routing”. Water Resources Research, Vol. 4, No. 8, pp. 719-726. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR004i004p00719
- Delong, L.L. (1986). Extension of the unsteady one-dimensional open-channel flow equations for the flow simulation in meandering channels with flood plains. Hydrologic Sciences, United States Geological Survey Water-Supply, Paper 2220, December, pp. 101-105.
- Environmental Laboratory, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, WES. (1995). CE-QUAL-RIV1: A Dynamic, One-Dimensional (Longitudinal) Water Quality Model for Steams. User's Manual. USACE, WES, Vicksburg, MS, USA.
- Fread, D.L. (1988). The NWS DAMBRK model: theoretical background/user documentation. Office of Hydrology, National Weather Service NWS, Md.
- Fread, D.L., Jin, M., and Lewis, J.M. (1996). “An LPI Numerical Implicit Solution for Unsteady Mixed- Flow Simulation”. North American Water and Environment Congress '96, ASCE, Anaheim, CA, USA.
- McQuivey, R.S., and Keefer, T.N. (1974). “Simple method for predicting dispersion in streams”. J Environ Eng Div, ASCE 100 (EE4), pp. 997-1011.
- Motovilov, Y. G., Gottschalk, L., Engeland, K., and Rohde, A. (1999). “Validation of a distributed hydrological model against spatial observations”. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Vol. 98, pp. 257-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1923(99)00102-1
- Parker, G.T., Droste, R.L., and Kennedy, K.J. (2007). “Modeling the Effect of Agricultural Best management Practices on Water Quality Under Various Climastic Scenarios”. Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science, Vol. 7, pp. 9-19. https://doi.org/10.1139/S07-026
- Rochelle, A. Nustad, and Jerad, D.B. (2006). Simulation of Constituent Transport in the Red River of the North Basin, North Dakota and Minnesota, During Unsteady-Flow Conditions, 1977 and 2003-04. Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5296, USGS, pp. 1-5.
- Singh, U.P., Ranga Raju, K.G., and Garde, R.J. (1987). “Longitudinal dispersion coefficient in open channels”. Proc. of IAHR 22th Congress, pp. 251-257.
- Zhang, M.L., Shen, Y.M., and Guo, Y. (2008). “Development and Application of A Eutrophication Water Quality Model for River Networks”. Journal of Hydrodynamics, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 719-726. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-6058(09)60007-X
- Simulation of Water Pollution Accident with Water Quality Model vol.23, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14249/eia.2014.23.3.177