- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Suppressed Fat Accumulation in Rats Fed a Histidine-Enriched Diet
- Endo, Michiko (Department of Bioscience and Food Production Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shinshu University) ;
- Kasaoka, Seiichi (Department of Health and Nutrition, Bunkyo University Women's College) ;
- Takizawa, Miki (Department of Health and Nutrition, Bunkyo University Women's College) ;
- Goto, Kiyoko (Department of Health and Nutrition, Bunkyo University Women's College) ;
- Nakajima, Shigeru (Department of Health and Nutrition, Bunkyo University Women's College) ;
- Moon, Soo-Kyung (Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Natural Sciences, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, In-Soo (Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Natural Sciences, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Jeong, Bo-Young (Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Natural Sciences, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Nakamura, Soichiro (Department of Bioscience and Food Production Science, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shinshu University)
- Published : 2010.03.31
The effect on body fat accumulation on male Wistar rats undergoing continuous feeding with a histidine-enriched diet was investigated. Five-week-age rats were assigned to two groups and were fed either the control diet (purified diet AIN-
- Kahn SE, Prigeon RL, Schwartz RS, Fujimoto WY, Knopp RH, Brunzell JD, Porte D Jr. 2001. Obesity, body fat distribution, insulin sensitivity and Islet beta-cell function as explanations for metabolic diversity. J Nutr 131: 354S-360S https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/131.2.354S
- Kaplan NM. 1989. The deadly quartet. Upper-body obesity, glucose intolerance, hypertriglyceridemia, and hypertension. Arch Intern Med 149: 1514-1520. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.149.7.1514
- Nambi V, Hoogwerf BJ, Sprecher DL. 2002. A truly deadly quartet: obesity, hypertension, hypertriglyceridemia, and hyperinsulinemia. Cleve Clin J Med 69: 985-989. https://doi.org/10.3949/ccjm.69.12.985
- Redinger RN. 2009. Fat storage and the biology of energy expenditure. Transl Res 154: 52-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trsl.2009.05.003
- Bray GA. 2004. Obesity is a chronic, relapsing neurochemical disease. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28: 34-38. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0802479
- Hall JE, Kuo JJ, da Silva AA, de Paula RB, Liu J, Tallam L. 2003. Obesity-associated hypertension and kidney disease. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 12: 195-200. https://doi.org/10.1097/00041552-200303000-00011
- Fruhbeck G. 2004. The adipose tissue as a source of vasoactive factors. Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 2: 197-208. https://doi.org/10.2174/1568016043356255
- Kris-Etherton PM, Innis S, Ammerican Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada. 2007. Position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada: dietary fatty acids. J Am Diet Assoc 107: 1599-1611.
- ADA. 2005. Position of the American Dietetic association: fat replacers. J Am Diet Assoc 105: 266-275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2004.12.011
- Villareal DT, Apovian CM, Kushner RF, Klein S. 2005. Obesity in older adults: technical review and position statement of the American Society for Nutrition and NAASO, The Obesity Society. Am J Clin Nutr 82: 923-934. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/82.5.923
- Huang MH, Yang RC, Hu SH. 1996. Preliminary results of triple therapy for obesity. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 20: 830-836.
- Masuo K, Katsuya T, Kawaguchi H, Fu Y, Rakugi H, Ogihara T, Tuck ML. 2005. Rebound weight gain as associated with high plasma norepinephrine levels that are mediated through polymorphisms in the beta2-adrenoceptor. Am J Hypertens 18: 1508-1516. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjhyper.2005.05.006
- Flynn MA, McNeil DA, Maloff B, Mutasingwa D, Wu M, Ford C, Tough SC. 2006. Reducing obesity and related chronic disease risk in children and youth: a synthesis of evidence with 'best practice' recommendations. Obes Rev 7(Suppl 1): 7-66. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2006.00242.x
- Wellman PJ. 1990. The pharmacology of the anorexic effect of phenylpropanolamine. Drugs Exp Clin Res 16: 487-495.
- Rothman RB, Ayestas MA, Dersch CM, Baumann MH. 1999. Aminorex, fenfluramine, and chlorphentermine are serotonin transporter substrates. Implications for primary pulmonary hypertension. Circulation 100: 869-875. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.100.8.869
- Nakajima S, Hamada M, Tsuchiya T, Okuda H. 2000. Suppression of food intake by histidine-rich protein under low energy intake. J Jpn Soc Nutr Food Sci 53: 207-214. https://doi.org/10.4327/jsnfs.53.207
- Nakajima S, Tanaka K, Hamada M, Tsuchiya T, Okuda H. 2001. Correlation between energy and histidine intake in female living in Setouchi area. J Jpn Soc Stud Obes 7: 276-282.
- Kang M, Yoshimatsu H, Chiba S, Kurokawa M, Ogawa R, Tamari Y, Tatsukawa M, Sakata T. 1995. Hypothalamic neuronal histamine modulates physiological responses induced by interleukin-1 beta. Am J Physiol 269: R1308-1313.
- Sakata T, Yoshimatsu H, Kurokawa M. 1997. Hypothalamic neuronal histamine: implications of its homeostatic control of energy metabolism. Nutrition 13: 403-411. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0899-9007(97)91277-6
- Masaki T, Yoshimatsu H, Chiba S, Watanabe T, Sakata T. 2001. Central infusion of histamine reduces fat accumulation and upregulates UCP family in leptin-resistant obese mice. Diabetes 50: 376-384. https://doi.org/10.2337/diabetes.50.2.376
- Schwartz JC, Lampart C, Rose C, Rehault MC, Bischoff S, Pollard H. 1971. Histamine formation in rat brain during development. J Neurochem 18: 1787-1789. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.1971.tb03757.x
- Kasaoka S, Tsuboyama-Kasaoka N, Kawahara Y, Inoue S, Tsuji M, Ezaki O, Kato H, Tsuchiya T, Okuda H, Nakajima S. 2004. Histidine supplementation suppresses food intake and fat accumulation in rats. Nutrition 20: 991-996. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2004.08.006
- AIN. 1997. Report of the American Institute of Nutrition ad hoc committee on standards for nutritional studies. J Nutr 107: 1340-1348.
- Taylor KM, Snyder SH. 1972. Isotopic microassay of histamine, histidine, histidine decarboxylase and histamine methyltransferase in brain tissue. J Neurochem 19: 1343-1358. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.1972.tb01459.x
- Schwartz JC, Lampart C, Rose C. 1972. Histamine formation in rat brain in vivo: effects of histidine loads. J Neurochem 19: 801-810. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.1972.tb01394.x
- Taylor KM, Snyder SH. 1972. Dynamics of the regulation of histamine levels in mouse brain. J Neurochem 19: 341-354. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-4159.1972.tb01344.x
- Yoshimatsu H, Tsuda K, Niijima A, Tatsukawa M, Chiba S, Sakata T. 2002. Histidine induces lipolysis through sympathetic nerve in white adipose tissue. Eur J Clin Invest 32: 236-241. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2362.2002.00972.x
- Endo M, Takizawa M, Takana K, Tokitaka M, Kasaoka S, Nakamura S, Nakajima S. 2009. Effect of bonito bouillon intake on body composition in rats. J Jpn Soc Nutr Food Sci 15: 202-207.
- Nagai K, Niijima A, Yamano T, Otani H, Okumra N, Tsuruoka N, Nakai M, Kiso Y. 2003. Possible role of L-carnosine in the regulation of blood glucose through controlling autonomic nerves. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228: 1138-1145. https://doi.org/10.1177/153537020322801007
- Fulop AK, Foldes A, Buzas E, Hegyi K, Miklos IH, Romics L, Kleiber M, Nagy A, Falus A, Kovacs KJ. 2003. Hyperleptinemia, visceral adiposity, and decreased glucose tolerance in mice with a targeted disruption of the histidine decarboxylase gene. Endocrinology 144: 4306-4314. https://doi.org/10.1210/en.2003-0222
- Otani H, Okumura N, Hashida-Okumura A, Nagai K. 2005. Identification and characterization of a mouse dipeptidase that hydrolyzes L-carnosine. J Biochem 137: 167-175. https://doi.org/10.1093/jb/mvi016
- Van Oostdam J, Donaldson SG, Feeley M, Arnold D, Ayotte P, Bondy G, Chan L, Dewaily E, Furgal CM, Kuhnlein H, Loring E, Muckle G, Myles E, Receveur O, Tracy B, Gill U, Kalhok S. 2005. Human health implications of environmental contaminants in Arctic Canada: A review. Sci Total Environ 351-352: 165-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2005.03.034
- Nestel P, Lyu R, Low LP, Sheu WH, Nitiyanant W, Saito I, Tan CE. 2007. Metabolic syndrome: recent prevalence in East and Southeast Asian populations. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16: 362-367.
- Kim K, Chang U, Kang D, Kim J, Choi Y, Suh H. 2004. Yeast hydrolysate reduces body fat of dietary obese rats. Phytother Res 8: 950-953.
- Lee J, Kim J, Jung I. 2009. A study on body image perception and obesity stress by the degree of obesity in college women. J Food Sci Nutr 14: 116-122. https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2009.14.2.116
- Animal Models for the Study of the Relationships between Diet and Obesity: A Focus on Dietary Protein and Estrogen Deficiency vol.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2017.00005