- Volume 10 Issue 11
In comparison with the acquirement of knowledge by expression of symbol or numerical formula, the experience based knowledge acquirement give stable and clear understanding of information to a learner. Various educational systems based on computer such as virtual reality, intelligent learning system, visualization of concept, simulation-based system, and microworld have so far been developed. In this paper, a method of two dimensional visualization of a physical law by simulation has been suggested to educate a learner. Especially, learning the law of gravity by simulation based educational method gives a learner indirect experience that enhance the efficiency of knowledge acquirement clearly. The visualization methods of a real-time physical law and a virtual anomalies' physical law by simulation are proposed in this paper to deliver information or knowledge clearly. Then we show that a learner can acquire some knowledge effectively by the proposed method.
- J. Y. Park and J. H. Park, "Event Normalization Methodology for Computer Game Environment Simulation", International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vol.19, Issue 7, pp.913-932, 2009(11). https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218194009004453
- J. Y. Park and J. H. Park, "A graph-based representation of game scenarios; methodology for minimizing anomalies in computer game," The Visual Computer, Vol.26, No.6-8, pp.595-605, 2010(6). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00371-010-0482-6
- R. Felder and L. Silverman, "Learning and Teaching Styles in Engineering Education", Engineering Eduction, Vol.78, No.7, pp.674-681,1998.
- L. Fausett, Fundamentals of Neural Network, Prentice Hall, 1994.
- R. Kaplan and D. Rock, "New directions for intelligent toturing", AI Expert, Vol.10, No.2, pp.30-40, 1995.
- Neil C. Rowe, Tomas P. Galvin, "An Authoring System for intelligent procedural-skill Tutor", IEEE Intelligent System & their application, Vol.13, No.11, pp.61-69, may-june 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/5254.683211
- David Franklin, Cooperating with people: the Intelligent Classroom, Chicago, 1998.
- Ravindra Krovi, Arthur C. Graesser, and William E, "Agent Behaviors in Virtual Negotiation Environments", IEEE Transaction On Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part C: Application and Reviews, Vol.29, No.1, pp.15-25, 1999(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/5326.740666
- Y. Matsubara, "Virtual Learning Environment for Discovery Learning and Its Application on Operator Trainging", IEICE Transactions on Information & System, V.E80-D, No.2, pp.176-188, 1997.
- Stanley Y. P. Chien, Lucy Q. Xue, and Mathew Palakal, "Task Planning for a Mobile Robot in an Indoor Environment Using Objected-Oriented Domain Information", IEEE Transaction On System, Man, and Cybernetic-Part B:Cybernetics, Vol.27, No.6, pp.1007-1016, December 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.1997.650061
- Hanqiu Sun, "A Relation-Based Model for Animating Adaptive Behavior in Dynamic Environments", IEEE Transaction On Systems, and Cybernetics-Part A: System and Humans, Vol.27, No.2, pp.235-243, 1997(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/3468.554685
- Vijay Vasandani and T. Govindaraj, "Knowledge Organization in Intelligent Tutoring System for Diagnostic Problem Solving in Complex Dynamic Domains", IEEE Transaction On Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.25, No.7, pp.1076-1096, 1995(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/21.391288
- E. Ohmaye, Simulation-Based Language Learning : An Architecture and a Multimedia Authoring Tool, Northwestern Univ, 1992.
- Angel Conde, Karmele Lopez de Ipina, Mikel Larranaga, Nestor Garay-Vitoria, Eloy Irigoyen, Aitzol Ezeiza and Jokin Rubio, "LAGUNTXO: A Rule-Based Intelligent Tutoring System Oriented to People with Intellectual Disabilities", Visioning and Engineering the Knowledge Society, Vol. 5736/2009, pp.186-195, 2009(9).
- Maite Lopez-Garate, Alberto Lozano-Rodero and Luis Matey, "An Adaptive and Customizable Feedback System for Intelligent Interactive Learning Systems", Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Vol. 5091/2008, pp.737-739, J 2008(6).
- Mario A. A. Gutierrez, Frederic Vexo and Daniel Thalmann, Stepping into Virtual Reality, Springer London, 2008.
- Jim X. Chen, Guide to Graphics Software Tools, Springer New York, 2004.
- Marco A. Gomez-Martin, Pedro P. Gomez-Martin and Pedro A. Gonzalez-Calero," Game-Driven Intelligent Tutoring Systems", Entertainment Computing–ICEC, Vol. 3166/2004, pp.21-39, 2004(8).
- Rul Gunzenhauser and Alfred Zimmermann, "DCE: A knowledge-based tutoring and advisory system - Tutoring strategies and architecture", Computer Assisted Learning, Vol.602/1992, pp.247-257, 2006(1).
- R. Spence, Information Visualization: Design for Interaction, Addison-Wesley, 2007.
- U. Wiss, D. Carr, and H. Jonsson, "Evaluating three-dimensional information visualization design: A case study of three designs", Proceedings of the IEEE conference on information visualization, London, England, pp.137-144, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/IV.1998.694211
- S. K. Card, J. D. Mackinlay, and B. Schneiderman, Readings in Information visualization: Using vision to think, Morgan-Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, USA, 1999.