- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Microbiological, Physicochemical, and Sensory Properties of Galbi-jjim Prepared by Sous-vide and Cookchill Method at Different Temperatures
Shin, Weon-Sun;Kim, Kyeong-Mi;Park, Jin-Hee;Cho, Tae-Im
- 투고 : 2010.04.19
- 심사 : 2010.08.31
- 발행 : 2010.10.31
The aim of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemical, sensory, and microbiological properties of ready-to-eat Korean traditional seasoned beef ribs ("galbi-jjim") prepared by sous-vide/cookchill technology during storage at three different temperatures (4, 10, and
sous-vide/cook-chill;sensory quality;microbiological safety;temperature abuse simulation
- ACMSF (2004) Discussion paper. In: Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Safety of Food (ACMSF), HMSO, London, UK.
- Chang, M. H. and Chen, T. C. (1998) "Hotness" stability of chicken hot-wing products as affected by preparation methods and storage. Poultry Sci. 77, 627-631. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/77.4.627
- Choi, Y. S., Cho, S. H., Lee, S. K., Kim, B. C., and Rhee, M. S. (2002) Meat color, TBARS and VBN changes of vacuum packaged Korean pork loins for export during cold storage. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 22, 158-163.
- DHSS (2003) Code of Practice No 9, In Process Control Cook Chill; Policy for Food Hygiene, Pest Control, Safety and Quality. Shropshire, UK: Shropshire County Primary Care NHS Trust.
- Diaz, P., Nieto, G., Garrido, M. D., and Banon, S. (2008) Microbial, physical-chemical and sensory spoilage during the refrigerated storage of cooked pork loin processed by the sous vide method. Meat Sci. 80, 287-292.
- ECFF (1996) Guidelines for the hygienic manufacture of chilled foods. In: European Chilled Food Federation (ECFF), London, UK.
- Fanco, I., Prieto, B., Cruz, J. M., Lopez, M., and Carballo, J. (2002) Study of the biochemical changes during the processing of Androlla, a Spanish dry-cured pork sausage. Food Chem. 78, 339-345. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00118-8
- Fu, A. H., Molins, R. A., and Sebranek, J. G. (1992) Storage quality characteristics of beef rib eye steaks packaged in modified atmospheres. J. Food Sci. 57, 283-287. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb05477.x
- Galimpin-Johan, S. M. C., Rahman, R. A., Jamilah, B., Che Man, Y. B., and Rusul, G. (2007) Pasteurization, development and storage of sous vide rendang (spicy beef stew). Journal of Foodservice 18, 251-263. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4506.2007.00071.x
- Ghazala, S., Ramaswamy, H. S., Smith, J. P., and Simpson, M. V. (1995) Thermal-process simulations for sous vide processing of fish and meat foods. Food Res. Int. 8, 117-122.
- Gokalp, H. Y., Ockerman, H. W., Plimpton, R. F., and Harper, W. J. (1983) Fatty acids of neutral and phospholipids, rancidity scores and TBA values as influenced by packaging and storage. J. Food Sci. 48, 829-834. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1983.tb14910.x
- Gonzalez-Fandos, E., Garcia-Linares, M. C., Villarino-Rodriguez, A., Garcia-Arias, M. T., and Garcia-Fernandez, M. C. (2004) Evaluation of the microbiological safety and sensory quality of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) processed by the sous vide method. Food Microbiol. 21, 193-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0740-0020(03)00053-4
- Igene, J. O. and Pearson, A. M. (1979) Role of phospholipids and triglycerides in warmed-over flavor development in meat model systems. J. Food Sci. 44, 1285-1290. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1979.tb06420.x
- Jang, J. D. and Lee, D. S. (2005) Development of a sous-vide packaging process for Korean seasoned beef. Food Control 16, 285-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2004.03.008
- Johnson, A. M. and Resurreccion, A. V. A. (2009) Sensory profiling of electron-beam irradiated ready-to-eat poultry frankfurters. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 42, 265-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2008.05.009
- Kim, K. M., Park, J. H., and Shin, W. S. (2009) Optimized conditions of model processing for ready-to-eat style galbijjim prepared by sous-vide and cook-chill system. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 29, 673-679 https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2009.29.6.673
- Laleye, L. C., Lee, B. H., Simard, R. E., Carmichael, L., and Holley, R. A. (1984) Shelf life of vacuum- or nitrogenpacked pastrami: Effects of packaging atmospheres, temperature and duration of storage on microflora changes. J. Food Sci. 49, 827-831. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb13222.x
- Moon, S. S., Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Park, K. H., and Hah, K. H. (2006) Changes of TBARS, VBN and pathogens on vacuum packed pork during storage after aging with Korean traditional sauces. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 26, 322-330.
- Paik, H. -D., Kim, H. -J., Nam, K. -J., Kim, C. -J., Lee, S. -E., and Lee, D. -S. (2006) Effect of nisin on the storage of sous vide processed Korean seasoned beef. Food Control 17, 994-1000. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2005.07.005
- Schellekens, M. (1996) New research issues in sous-vide cooking. Trends Food Sci. Tech.7, 256-262. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-2244(96)10027-3
- Turner, E. W., Paynter, W. D., Montie, E. J., Bassert, M. W., Struck, G. M., and Olson, F. C. (1954) Use of 2-thiobarbituric acid reagent to measure rancidity of frozen pork. Food Technol-Chicago 8, 326-354.
- Vaudagna, S. R., Sanchez, G., Neira, M. S., Insani, E. M., Picallo, A. B., Gallinger, M. M., and Lasta, J. A. (2002) Sous vide cooked beef muscles: effects of low temperature-long time (LT-LT) treatments on their quality characteristics and storage stability. Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 37, 425-441. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2621.2002.00581.x
- Keeratipibul, S., Techaruwichit, P., and Chaturongkasumrit, Y. (2009) Contamination sources of coliforms in two different types of frozen ready-to-eat shrimps. Food Control 20, 289-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2008.05.015
- Vaudagna, S. R., Pazos, A. A., Guidi, S. M., Sanchez, G., Carp, D. J., and Gonzalez, C. B. (2008) Effect of salt addition on sous vide cooked whole beef muscles from Argentina. Meat Sci. 79, 470-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2007.11.001
- Creed, P. G. and Reeve, W. (1998) Sensory and nutritional aspects of sous vide processed foods. In Sous vide and cookchill processing for the food industry. Ghazala S. (ed), Aspen Publishers, Gaithersburg, USA
- Koo, K. M., Kim, H. W., Lee, D. S., Lyu, E. S., and Paik, H.-D. (2008) Quality changes during storage of cook-chilled soybean sprouts. Food Sci. Biotechnol. 17, 540-546.
- SVAC (1991) Code of Practice for Sous Vide Catering Systems. In. Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK.
- Tansey, F., Gormley, R., Carbonell, S., Oliveria, J., Bourke, P., and O'Beirne, D. (2005) Developing sous vide/freezing systems for ready-meal components. In A. a. F. D. Authority. Dublin, Ireland: The national food center.
- Witte, V. C., Krause, G. F., and Bailey, M. E. (1970) A new extraction method for determining 2-thiobarbituric acid values of pork and beef during storage. J. Food Sci. 35, 582-588. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1970.tb04815.x
- Growth of Clostridium perfringens spores inoculated in sous-vide processed Korean traditional Galbijjim under different storage conditions vol.23, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-014-0069-5
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Korean Research Foundation