- Volume 36 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Relevance of Gender, Age and the Body Mass Index to Changes in Urinary Creatinine Concentration in Korean Adults
한국 성인의 요중 크레아티닌 농도 변화에 대한 성, 연령 그리고 체질량지수(BMI)의 관련성 연구
Lee, Jin-Heon;Ahn, Ryoung-Me
- Received : 2010.03.28
- Accepted : 2010.06.10
- Published : 2010.06.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relevance of gender, age, and BMI (Body Mass Index) to changes in the urinary creatinine concentration in Korean adults. We recruited and surveyed 2,156 persons
Urinary creatinine concentration;gender;age;BMI (Body Mass Index)
- CDC : NHANES(National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey), Available from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm, Accessed May 20, 2010.
- Umwelt Bundes Amt; German Environmental Survey (GerES): Available from http://www.umweltbundesamt.de/gesundheit-e/survey/index.htm, Acessed May 20, 2010.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare Korea, National Health Promotion Law, 2010.
- Ministry of Environment Korea, Environmental Health Law, Article 14, 2010.
- Barr, D. B., Wilder, L. C., Caudill, S. P., Gonzalez, A. J., Needham, L. L. and Pirkle, J. L. : Urinary creatinine concentrations in the US population: Implications for urinary biologic monitoring measurements. Environmental Health Perspectives, 113(2), 192-200, 2005.
- Boeniger, M. F., Lowry, L. K. and Rosenberg, J. : Interpretation of urine results used to assess chemical exposure with emphasis on creatinine adjustments: a review. American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 54(10), 615-627, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298669391355134
- Cline, R. E., Hill, R. H. Jr, Phillips, D. L. and Needham, L. L. : Pentachlorophenol measurements in body fluids of people in log homes and workplaces. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 18(4), 475-481, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01055012
- Hill, R. H. Jr, Ashley, D. L., Head, S. L., Needham, L. L. and Pirkle, J. L. : p-Dichlorobenzene exposure among 1,000 adults in the United States. Epidemiology, 6(2), 281, 1995.
- Shealy, D. B., Barr, J. R., Ashley, D. L., Patterson, D. G. Jr, Camann, D. E. and Bond, A. E. : Correlation of environmental carbaryl measurements with serum and urinary 1-naphthol measurements in a farmer applicator and his family. Environmental Health Perspect, 105(5), 510-513, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.97105510
- To-Figueras, J., Sala, M., Otero, R., Barrot, C., Santiago- Silva, M. and Rodamilans, M. : Metabolism of hexachlorobenzene in humans: association between serum levels and urinary metabolites in a highly exposed population. Environmental Health Perspect, 105(1), 78-83, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.9710578
- WHO : Biological Monitoring of Chemical Exposure in the Workplace. Vol. 1. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1996.
- Lauwerys, R. R. and Hoet, P. : Industrial chemical exposure: guidelines for biological monitoring. Boca Raton, FL, Lewis Publishers, 1993.
- Barbanel, C. S., Winkelman, J. W., Fischer, G. A. and King, A. J. : Confirmation of the Department of Transportation criteria for a substituted urine specimen. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 44(5), 407-416, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00043764-200205000-00009
- Lee, K. N. and Lee, C. S. : Clinical pathology file. EUIHAK-MUNWHASA. Seoul, Korea, 77-78, 1990.
- Maite, G. O., Gilles, T., Elie, A., Antoine, C., Arnaud de, L., Christine, C., Laurent, M., Marie, T., Franois, V., Yves, C. and Jean-Franois, T. : Body mass index. Intensive Care Medicine, 30(3), 437-434, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-003-2095-2
- Park, J. H. : Exposure assessment of biological agents in indoor environments. Korean Journal of Environmental Health Sciences, 35(4), 239-248, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2009.35.4.239
- Mage, D. T., Allen, R. H., Gondy, G., Smith, W., Barr, D. B. and Needham, L. L. : Estimating pesticide dose from urinary pesticide concentration data by creatinine correction in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES-III), Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology, 14, 457-465, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jea.7500343
US DOT; 49 code of Federal Regulation Part 40 : Subpart F - Drug Testing laboratories (
$\S$40.91 What validity tests must laboratories conduct on primary specimens? and $\S$40.93 What criteria do laboratories use to establish that a specimens dilute or substituted), US, Department of Transportation, 2004.
- WHO : Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry, Report of a WHO expert committee, World Health Organization, 1-439, 1995.
- Song, S. H. : Changes of indicators in diet and intake nutrient based on Middle-aged men's body mass index (BMI), Master's dissertation, Pusan National University, Graduate School of Education, 1-52, 2009.
- Kim, Y. H. : The comparison with lifestyles and diet habits on body mass index for middle age Women's Dongduk Women's University. Graduate School of Obesity Science, 1-50, 2005.
- A Comparison of the Adjustment Methods for Assessing Urinary Concentrations of Cadmium and Arsenic: Creatinine vs. Specific Gravity vol.37, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2011.37.6.450
- Effects of Factors Associated with Urine Hippuric Acid Correction Values in Urinary Creatinine by HPLC and Jaffe Method and Specific Gravity HPLC Jaffe Method vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15269/JKSOEH.2015.25.4.493
Grant : 유해물질 인체영향
Supported by : 식품의약품안전청, 식품의약품안전평가원