- Volume 59 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Outage Probability Analysis under Time-varying characteristic of Indoor Single User PLC Considering Channel Length and Transmit Power
채널 길이와 전송 전력을 고려한 시변 환경 옥내 단일 사용자 전력선 통신의 outage 확률 분석
- Published : 2010.02.01
We investigate the outage probability in terms of QoS (quality of service) in indoor PLC network. We consider various kinds of appliances for realistic indoor PLC network. For estimation of the outage probability, we calculate the time-varying channel responses considering the loading conditions based on regular human activities and include the additive noise. We calculate the outage probability for each terminal and investigate relationship between the outage probability and the channel length, and transmit powers. Our results suggest that the outage probability is increased when the channel length becomes longer because more appliances affect the amount of reduced channel capacity and is not improved distinctly for very high and low outage threshold by increasing the transmit power. However, we can see outage probability improvement for 30% outage threshold case by increasing the transmit power.
Channel capacity;Outage probability;Power line communications;Quality of service
- McGranaghan, M., Von Dollen, D., Myrda, P., Gunther, E.: Utility Experience with Developing a Smart Grid Roadmap. In: IEEE PES General Meeting, pp. 1–5. IEEE Press, New York (2008)
- M. Zimmermann and K. Dostert, "Analysis and modeling of impulsive noise in broad-band powerline communications," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 249-258, Feb. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/15.990732
- Biglieri, E., J. Proakis, and S. Shamai, "Fading Channels: Information Theoretic and Communications Aspests," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 4, issue. 6, pp. 2619-2692, Oct. 1998.
- Y. S. Heo et al, "Measurement of Indoor Power Line Channel Characteristics considering Capacitive Loads," Journal of IEEK, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 53-60, Jun. 2005.
- Manfred Zimmermann and Klaus Dostert, "A Multipath Model for the Powerline Channel," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 553 - 559, Apr. 2002 https://doi.org/10.1109/26.996069
- Jaeyoung Shin, Jaehoon Lee, Jichai Jeong, "Time-Varying Channel Responses of Indoor Power-Line Network in a Typical Apartment for considering Various Impedances of Appliances and Transmission Distances," Proc. 9th Int. Conf. Electronics, Information, and Communication (ICEIC 2008), Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Jun. 2008.
- Jaeyoung Shin, and Jichai Jeong, "Outage Probability Analysis for Single User System in Power Line Communications," 대한전기학회 하계학술대회 논문집, Jul. 2009.
- T. Esmalian, P. Gulak , F. R. Kschischang, "A discrete multitone power line communications system," ICASSP, Istambul, 2000, pp.2953-2956.
- Jaeyoung Shin, and Jichai Jeong, "Power Line Channel Model Considering Adjacent Nodes with Reduced Calculation complexity due to Multipath Signal Propagation and Network Size Using Infinite Geometric Series and Matrices," The transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 58, issue. 2, pp. 248-255, Feb. 2009