- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Survey on the Sodium Contents of Nursery School Meals in Gyeonggi-Do
경기도지역 어린이집의 단체급식 중 나트륨 함량 실태조사 연구
- Jung, Hong-Rae (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Lee, Myung-Jin (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Ki-Cheol (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Jung-Boem (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Dae-Hwan (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Kang, Suk-Ho (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment) ;
- Park, Jong-Suk (Research Planning & Management Division, KFDA) ;
- Kwon, Kwang-Il (Nutrition Policy Division, KFDA) ;
- Kim, Mee-Hye (Imported Food Analysis Division, Gyeongin Regional KFDA) ;
- Park, Yong-Bae (Health Research Planning Team, Gyeonggi-Do Institute of Health & Environment)
- 정홍래 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 이명진 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 김기철 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 김중범 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 김대환 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 강석호 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀) ;
- 박종석 (식품의약품안전청 연구기획조정과) ;
- 권광일 (식품의약품안전청 영양정책과) ;
- 김미혜 (경인지방 식품의약품안전청 수입식품분석과) ;
- 박용배 (경기도보건환경연구원 보건연구기획팀)
- Published : 2010.04.30
The prevalence rate for chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc. caused by the increment of national income and the change of food life according to the globalization in Korea have been increased. Especially excess sodium intake may contribute to the development of hypertension, increasing cardiovascular disease risk. The objective of this study was to investigate sodium intake of nursery school meals in Gyeonggi-Do, and to construct database for lesser sodium intake policy. Survey consisted of 601 sample intakes of sodium in summer and in winter. A food weighed record method was used for measuring food intakes. Average intakes of ten children per nursery school were measured. The sodium contents of meals were analyzed by ICP-OES (inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometer) after acid digestion by microwave. The sodium contents on food groups showed that sources (693 mg/100 g), grilled foods (689 mg/100 g) and kimchies (643 mg/100 g) had respectively higher sodium contents and the average sodium intake per meal was
- Lee JM, Park HJ, Park SM. 2003. A survey on eating behaviors of preschool children for development snack. Korean J Food Culture 18: 151-159.
- Kim YS, Paik HY. 1987. Measurement of Na intake in Korean adult females. Korean J Nutr 20: 41-349.
- Chang SO. 2006. The amount of sodium in the processed foods, the use of sodium information on the nutrition label and the acceptance of sodium reduced ramen in the femalecollage students. Korean J Community Nutr 39: 585-591.
- Tsugane S. 2005. Salt, salted food intake, and risk of gastric cancer: epidemiologic evidence. Cancer Sci 96: 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1349-7006.2005.00006.x
- de Wardener HE, MacGregor GA. 2002. Harmful effects of dietary salt in addition to hypertension. J Hum Hypertens16: 213-223. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1001374
- Dahl LK. 2005. Possible role of salt intake in the development of essential hypertension. Int J Epidemiol 34:967-972. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyh317
- Lim HJ. 2001. A study on the calcium and sodium intakes and urinary calcium excretion of preschool children in Busan. Korean J Nutr 34: 786-796.
- The Korean Nutrition Society. 2005. Dietary reference intakes for Koreans.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2006. The 3rd National Health and Nutrition Examination (KNHANES).
- World Health Organization. 2002. The world health report 2002: reducing risk, promoting healthy life.
- USDA. 2005. Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Report. United State Department of Agriculture.
- FSA. 2003. Salt and health. Food Standards Agency. UK.
- Institute of medicine of the national academies. 2004. Dietary reference intakes for water, potassium, sodium, chloride and sulfate. The national academies press, Washington, DC, USA. p 381.
- Ahn BC, Jung HJ. 2005. Socioeconomic cost of obesity in Korea. Korean J Nutr 38: 786-792.
- 보건복지부. 2009. 어린이 식생활 안전관리 특별법.
- 차윤환, 이석화. 2008. 21세기 영양교사, 도서출판고원, 서울.p 262-265.
- 최혜미, 박영수. 2006. 21세기 식생활관리. 교문사, 파주. p 110-115.
- Moon HK, Choi SH, Kim JE. 2009. Dishes contributing to sodium intake of elderly living in rural area. Korean J Community Nutr 7: 394-400.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2008. The 4th National Health and Nutrition Examination (KNHANES).
- Shin EK, Lee HJ, Jun SY, Jung YY, Park EJ, Ahn MY, Lee YK. 2008. Development and evaluation of nutrition education program for sodium reduction in foodservices operations. Korean J Community Nutr 13: 216-227.
- Study on Sodium Contents of Kindergarten Lunch Meals in Gyeoungsangbuk-do Area vol.32, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2016.32.5.648
- Salinity Monitoring of Soups of The Institutions Enrolled at Center for Children’s Foodservice Management vol.26, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.12.26.6.507
- The use Frequency and Amount of Food Sources of Sodium and Knowledge Requirement, and Job Satisfaction of Dietitians and Nutrition Teachers according to the School Types in Busan vol.19, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2014.19.2.198
- Salt content of school meals and comparison of perception related to sodium intake in elementary, middle, and high schools vol.7, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4162/nrp.2013.7.1.59
- School Dietitian Awareness, Practice, and Sodium Reduction Plan in School Meal Service vol.32, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2016.32.2.222
- Consumer Awareness and Interest Toward Sodium Reduction Trends in Korea vol.79, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.12503
- Sodium Content and Nutrients Supply from Free Lunch Meals Served by Welfare Facilities for the Elderly in Gyeonggi-do vol.26, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2013.26.3.459
- An Evaluation of the Foodservice Quality and Management of Preschool Foodservice Establishments by IPA - Focusing on Parents of Preschoolers in Metropolitan Area of Korea, China and Japan - vol.28, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2015.28.1.160
- Effectiveness of Center for Child-Care Foodservice Management for Menu Management and Dietary Variety vol.18, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2013.18.3.243
- A Survey on the Salt Content of Kindergarten Lunch Meals and Meal Providers' Dietary Attitude to Sodium Intake in Gyeonggi-do Area vol.18, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2013.18.5.478
- Sodium-related Eating Behaviors of Parents and Its Relationship to Eating Behaviors of Their Preschool Children vol.20, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2015.20.1.11
- The Effectiveness of Na Reduction Program for Cook in Child-care Center: Focus on Self-reevaluation and Strengthen Consciousness vol.19, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2014.19.5.425
- Dietary status of young children in Korea based on the data of 2013 ~ 2015 Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey vol.51, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2018.51.4.330
- Comparison of nutrients and food intakes of young children according to lunch places: based on the fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey vol.51, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2018.51.3.254