- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Physico-Chemical Properties of Starches from Atlantic and Bora Valley Potato Cultivar with Different Colors
색깔이 다른 대서와 보라밸리 감자 전분의 이화학적 특성
- Lee, Jae-Soon (Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, Hoseo University) ;
- Choi, Mi-Kyeong (Dept. of Food & Nutrition, Kongju National University) ;
- Moon, Eun-Young (Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, Hoseo University) ;
- Kang, Myung-Hwa (Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, Hoseo University)
- Published : 2010.04.30
Physico-chemical properties of starches from potato cultivars with different colors were investigated. White Atlantic potato had 10% higher starch yield than violet Bora Valley potato. It turned out that the shape and structure of Atlantic and Bora Valley potato starch were the same by mechanical analysis using X-ray and SEM. The ratio of
- Madsen MH, Christensen DH. 1996. Changes in viscosity properties of potato starch during growth. Starch 48:245-249. https://doi.org/10.1002/star.19960480702
- Singh N, Singh J, Kaur L, Singh SN, Singh GB. 2003. Morphological, thermal and rheological properties of starches from different botanical sources. Food Chem 81: 219-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00416-8
- 구천서. 1985. 전분당 공업에 관한 단국대학교 부설 식량개발연구소, 서울. p 93.
- Rutenberg MU, Solarek D. 1984. Starch derivatives production and uses. In Starch and Technology. Academic press, New York, USA. p 324.
- Christensen DH, Madsen MH. 1996. Changes in potato starch quality during growth. Potato Research 39: 43-50. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02358205
- Mitch EL. 1984. Potato starch: production and uses. In Starch: Chemistry and technology. Whistler RL, BeMiller JN, Paschall EF, eds. Academic Press, New York, USA. p 479-490.
- Baek MH, Cha DS, Park HJ, Lim ST. 2000. Physicochemical properties of commercial sweet potato starches. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 755-762.
- Wiesenborn DP, Orr PH, Casper HH, Tacke BK. 1994. Potato starch paste behaviour as related to some physical/chemical properties. J Food Sci 59: 644-648. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1994.tb05583.x
- Lin Q, Weber E, Currie V, Yada R. 2003. Physicochemical properties of starches during potato growth. Carbohydr Polym 51: 213-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0144-8617(02)00138-8
- Lisinska G, Leszcynski W. 1989. Potato science and technology. Elsevier Applied Science, London, UK. p 16-43.
- Kwon OY, Kim HJ, Oh SH, Lee JH, Kim HC, Yoon WK, Kim HM, Park CS, Kim MR. 2006. Nutrient composition of domestic potato cultivars. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 16: 740-746.
- Rhim JW, Kim SJ. 1999. Characteristics and stability of anthocyanidin pigment extracted from purple-fleshed potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 348-355.
- Jeon TW, Cho YS, Lee SH, Cho SM, Cho HM, Chang KS, Park HJ. 2005. Studies on the biological activities and physicochemical characteristics of pigments extracts extracted from Korean purple-fleshed potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 247-254.
- Rodriguez-Saona LE, Giusti MM, Wrolastad RE. 1998. Anthocyanidin pigment composition of red-fleshed potatoes. Food Technol 63: 458-465.
- Choi HD, Lee HC, Kim SS, Kim YS, Lim HT, Ryu GH. 2008. Nutrient components and physicochemical properties of new cosmetic potato cultivars. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 382-388.
- Lee JS, Park SJ, Kim JS, Choi MK, Lim HT, Kang MH. 2009. Physico-chemical characteristics of Atlantic and Bora valley potatoes. Korean J Food Nutr 22: 92-96.
- Williams PC, Kuzine FD, Hylnka I. 1970. A rapid colorimetric procedure for estimating the amylose content of starches and flours. Cereal Chem 47: 411-419.
- Schoch TJ. 1964. Swelling power and solubility of granules starches. In Methods in Carbohydrate Chemistry. Academic Press, New York, USA. p 106-108.
- Leach HW, McCowen LD, Schoch TJ. 1959. Structure of the starch granule. I. swelling and solubility patterns of various starches. Cereal Chem 36: 534-544.
- Medcalf DG, Gilles KA. 1965. Wheat starches comparison of physicochemical properties. Cereal Chem 42: 558-568.
- Owusu-Ansah J, van de Voort FR, Stanley DW. 1982. Determination of starch gelatinization by X-ray diffractometry. Cereal Chem 59: 167-171.
- SAS. 2000. User's Guide. SAS institute, Cary, NC, USA.
- Kim HS, Ahn SY. 1994. Gelatinization properties of legume, cereal and potato starches. Korean J Soc Food Sci 10:80-85.
- Lee HY, Kum JS. 1999. The effect of the varieties and particle size on the properties of rice flour. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 1542-1548.
- Rasenack N, Muller BW. 2004. Micron-size drug particles;common and novel micronization technique. Pharm Dev Technol 9: 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1081/PDT-120027417
- Lee JE, Jun JY, Kang WS, Lim JD, Kim DE, Lee KY, Ko SH. 2008. Effect of particle size on the solubility and dispersibility of endosperm, bran, and husk powders of rice. Food Sci Biotechnol 17: 833-838.
- Sandhya RMR, Bhattacharya KR. 1995. Microscopy of rice starch granules during cooking. Starch 47: 334-337. https://doi.org/10.1002/star.19950470903
- Sandhya RMR, Bhattacharya KR. 1989. Rheology of rice flour pastes: effects of variety, concentration, and temperature, and time of cooking. J Text Studies 20: 127-137. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4603.1989.tb00427.x
- Tester RF, Morrison WR. 1990. Swelling and gelatinization of cereal starches. I. Effects of amylopectin, amylose, and lipids. Cereal Chem 67: 551-557.
- Kim HS, Kang OJ, Yoon KS. 1983. Physicochemical properties of waxy rice starches prepared from three different cultivars. Korean J Agric Chem Soc 2: 211-216.
- Beleina A, Varriano-Marston E, Hoseney RC. 1980. Characteristics of starch from pearl millets. Cereal Chem 57: 300-303.
- Hizukuri S. 1985. Relationship between the distribution of the chain-length of amylopectin and the crystalline-structure of starch granules. Carbohydr Res 141: 295-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6215(00)90461-0
- Hongsheng L, Long Y, Fengwei X, Ling C. 2006. Gelatinization of cornstarch with different amylose/amylopectin content. Carbohydr Polym 65: 357-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2006.01.026
- Donovan JW. 1979. Phase transitions of the starch water system. Biopolymers 18: 263-267. https://doi.org/10.1002/bip.1979.360180204
- Choi CR, Rhim JW, Park YK. 2000. Physicochemical properties of purple-fleshed sweet potato starch. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 1-5.
- Zobel HF. 1964. X-ray analysis of starch granules. In Methods in carbohydrate chemistry. Academic Press, New York, USA. Vol 4, p 109-113.
- Imberty A, Pere S. 1988. A revisit to the three-dimensional structure of B-type starch. Biopolymers 27: 1205-1209. https://doi.org/10.1002/bip.360270803
- Selection of the Superior Potato Clones Based on Acrylamide Reduction for Cold Chipping vol.30, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12056
- Analysis of Nutritional Components and Physicochemical Properties of Hot-air Dried Jerusalem Artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus L.) Powder vol.46, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.1.73
- Influence of Starch Characteristics on the Pasting Properties of Potato Flours Prepared from Yellow-fleshed Potatoes vol.18, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13050/foodengprog.2014.18.4.398