- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical Characteristics of Korean Traditional Wines Prepared by Addition of Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) Using Different Nuruks
수수 첨가량 및 누룩을 달리한 발효주의 이화학적 특성
- Woo, Koan-Sik (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Ko, Jee-Yeon (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Song, Seuk-Bo (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Lee, Jae-Saeng (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Oh, Byeong-Geun (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kang, Jong-Rae (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Nam, Min-Hee (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Ryu, In-Soo (Guardian of Korea's Traditional Wines and Spirits) ;
- Jeong, Heon-Sang (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Seo, Myung-Chul (Dept. of Functional Crop, National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration)
- 우관식 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 고지연 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 송석보 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 이재생 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 오병근 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 강종래 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 남민희 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부) ;
- 류인수 (사단법인 한국가양주협회) ;
- 정헌상 (충북대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 서명철 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원 기능성작물부)
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study was carried out to compare the physicochemical characteristics of Korean traditional wines fermented by addition of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) using different nuruks (SH and BS nuruk). The alcohol contents of the fermented wines ranged from 12.36 to 13.21%. The brix degrees of sorghum wines fermented using SH and BS nuruks were
- Kim KO, Kim HS, Ryu HS. 2006. Effect of Sorghum bicolor L. Moench (sorghum, su-su) water extracts on mouse immune cell activation. J Korean Diet Assoc 12: 82-88.
- Chang HG, Park YS. 2005. Effects of waxy and normal sorghum flours on sponge cake properties. Food Engine Prog 9: 199-207.
- Chae KY, Hong JS. 2006. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk with different amounts of waxy sorghum flour. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 363-369.
- Grimmer HR, Parbhoo V, Mcgrath RM. 1992. Antimutagenicity of polyphenol-rich fractions from Sorghum bicolor grain. J Sci Food Agric 59: 251-256. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740590217
- Hahn DH, Rooney LW, Earp CF. 1984. Tannin and phenols of sorghum. Cereal Foods World 29: 776-779.
- Ha TY, Cho IJ, Lee SH. 1998. Screening of HMG Co Areductase inhibitory activity of ethanol and methanol extract from cereal and regumes. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 224-229.
- Park JE, Jeon YJ, Kim JH, Kim SH. 2008. Isolation and identification of filamentous fungi from indoor air of a Sogokju traditional rice wine factory. Korean J Mycol 36:1-8. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2008.36.1.001
- Lee CY, Kim TW, Sung CK. 1996. Studies on the souring of Hansan Sogokju (Korean traditional rice wine). Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 117-121.
- Hwang Y, Lee GG, Jeong GT, Go BL, Choe DC, Choe YG, Eun JB. 2004. Manufacturing of wine with watermelon. J Korean Food Sci Technol 36: 50-57.
- Yi SH, Ann YG, Choi JS, Lee JS. 1996. Development of peach fermented wine. Korean J Food Nutr 9: 409-412.
- Park JS, Seo GS, No JG, Cho IS, Park JH. 1995. Characteristics of the Gigolphy (Lycii cortex Radicis) wine. J Korean Soc Med Crop Sci 3: 128-134.
- Park JS, Sung C, Chang KW. 1996. Changes of barbaloin contents in aloe wine. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 39:183-188.
- Koh JS, Koh NK, Kang SS. 1989. Making from mandarin orange produced in Cheju island. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 32: 416-423.
- Min YK, Lee MK, Jeong HS. 1997. Fermentation characteristics of jujube alcoholic beverage from different additional level of jujube fruit. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 40: 433-437.
- Min YK, Jeong HS. 1996. Manufacture of some Korean medicinal herb liquors by soaking. J Korean Food Sci Technol27: 210-215.
- Min YK, Jeong HS, Cho JG. 1996. Distillation and quality characteristics of medicinal herb wines. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 39: 368-373.
- Min YK, Yun HS, Jeong HS, Jang YS. 1992. Changes in compositions of liquor fractions distilled from Samil-ju with various distillation conditions. J Korean Food Sci Technol 24: 440-446.
- Min YK, Yun HS, Jeong HS. 1994. Studies on the distillation operation of Baikha-ju. J Korean Agric Chem Soc37: 9-13.
Ryu BM, Kim JS, Kim MJ, Lee YS, Moon GS. 2008.Comparison of the quality characteristics of Sikhye made with
$N_2$-circulated low-temperature dry malt and commercial malts. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 311-315.
- Kang TS, Woo KS, Lee JS, Jeong HS. 2006. Fermentation characteristics of wine using fresh jujube. Food Engin Prog 10: 164-171.
- Bae SK, Lee YC, Kim HW. 2001. The browning reaction and inhibition on apple concentrated juice. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 6-13.
- Woo KS, Hwang IG, Lee YR, Lee J, Jeong HS. 2009.Characteristics of sucrose thermal degradation with high temperature and high pressure treatment. Food Sci Biotechnol 18: 717-723.
- Choi YH, Jeong EG, Choung JI, Kim DS, Kim SL, Kim JT,Lee CG, Son JR. 2006. Effects of moisture contents of rough rice and storage temperatures on rice grain quality. Korean J Crop Sci 51: 12-20.
- Kim IH, Park WS, Koo YJ. 1996. Comparison of fermentation characteristics of Korean traditional alcoholic beverage with different input step and treatment of rice and nuruk(Korean-style bran koji). Korean J Diet Cul 11: 339-348.
- Iverson J. 2000. Home wine making step by step. In A guide to fermenting wine grapes. 3rd ed. Stonemark Publishing Co., Medford, OR, USA. p 115-125.
- Joung EJ, Paek NS, Kim YM. 2004. Studies on Korean Takju using the by-product of rice milling. Korean J Food Nutr 17: 199-205.
- Effects of Different Cultivars and Milling Degrees on Quality Characteristics of Barley Makgeolli vol.44, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.12.1839
- Fermentation Characteristics for Preparation of Distilled Liquor Made of Mixed Grains vol.46, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.4.446
- Physicochemical and Microbial Properties of Korean Traditional Rice Wine, Makgeolli, Supplemented with Cucumber during Fermentation vol.40, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.2.223
- Physicochemical and Microbial Properties of Korean Traditional Rice Wine, Makgeolli, Supplemented with Black Garlic Extracts during Fermentation vol.16, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jfn.2011.16.2.142
- Quality Characteristics of Makgeolli Added with Kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa) vol.42, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.11.1821
- Populations and potential association of Saccharomyces cerevisiae with lactic acid bacteria in naturally fermented Korean rice wine vol.21, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-012-0053-x
- Physicochemical and Microbial Properties of the Korean Traditional Rice Wine, Makgeolli, Supplemented with Banana during Fermentation vol.18, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/pnf.2013.18.3.203
- Protecting grapevines from rainfall in rainy conditions reduces disease severity and enhances profitability vol.67, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2014.10.024
- Quality Properties of Yoghurt Added with Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) Wine vol.33, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2013.33.6.806
- Unexpected convergence of fungal and bacterial communities during fermentation of traditional Korean alcoholic beverages inoculated with various natural starters vol.30, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2011.09.008
- Quality Characteristics of Mixed Makgeolli with Barley and Wheat vol.29, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2016.29.4.565
- Diversity analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae isolated from natural sources by multilocus sequence typing (MLST) vol.27, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-018-0335-z
- Quality Characteristics of Korean Steamed Rice Bread(Jeungpyun) Added with Grains vol.29, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2018.29.1.33