- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Manufacturing Characteristics and Physicochemical Component Analysis of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) Jelly
복분자 젤리의 제조특성 및 이화학적 성분분석
- Jin, Tie-Yan (Dept. of Food Science and Engineering, Yanbian University) ;
- Quan, Wu-Rong (Dept. of Food Science and Engineering, Yanbian University) ;
- Wang, Myeong-Hyoen (Dept. of Medical Biotechnology, Kangwon National University)
- Published : 2010.04.30
The manufacturing characteristics and physicochemical components analysis of Bokbunja jelly made with the addition of different amounts of materials (Bokbunja extract, sugar, gelatin, and pectin) were investigated. There were no significant changes in the pH, total acidity and sugar content of all Bokbunja jelly prepared with different amount of materials. L-value of color in the Bokbunja jelly increased in proportion to additive amount of gelatin. a-value and b-value of color in the Bokbunja jelly increased in proportion to additive amount of pectin. The value of hardness, adhesiveness, and chewiness in the Bokbunja jelly increased in proportion to the additive amount of gelatin. The value of springiness, cohesiveness, and gumminess were increased in proportion to additive amount of petin. The highest of overall acceptability values in the sensory test for color, sweetness, springiness, chewiness, and overall favorite were 5.80, 5.32, 5.27, 5.83, and 6.02, respectively, with the addition of 10% gelatin and 10% pectin.
- Yuk CS. 1990. Coloured Medicinal Plants of Korea. Academy Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 275.
- Heo J. 1994. (translator: Donguihak Research Institute)Donguibogam 1-5. Yeogang Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 62, p 296, p 334, p 617, p 984, p 1085, p 2679.
- Pang KC, Kim MS, Lee MW. 1996. Hydrolyzable tannins form the fruits of Rubus coreanum. Korean J Pharmacogn27: 366-370.
- Kwon KH, Cha WS, Kim DC, Shin HJ. 2006. A research and application of active ingredients in Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miq.). Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 21: 405-409.
- Lee MK, Lee HS, Choi GP, Oh DH, Kim JD, Yu CY, Lee HY. 2003. Screening of biological activities of the extracts from Rubus coreanus Miq. Korean J Med Crop Sci 11:5-12.
- Cha HS, Park MS, Park KM. 2001. Physiological activities of Rubus coreanus Miquel. Korean J Food Sci Technol 33:409-415.
- Shin TY, Kim SH, Lee ES, Eom DO, Kim HM. 2002. Action of Rubus coreanus extract on systemic and local anaphylaxis. Phytother Res 16: 508-513. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.925
- Moon GS. 1991. Constituents and Uses of Medicinal Herbs. Ilweolseogak, Seoul, Korea. p 310-311.
- Wang SY, Lin HS. 2000 Antioxidant activity in fruits and leaves of blackberry, raspberry, and strawberry varies with cultivar and developmental stage. J Agric Food Chem 48:140-146. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9908345
- Park YS, Chang HG. 2003. Lactic acid fermentation and biological activities of Rubus coreanus. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 46: 367-375.
- Choi HS, Kim MK, Park HS, Kim YS, Shin DH. 2006. Alcoholic fermentation of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miq.) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 543-547.
- Kwon KS, Kim YS, Song GS, Hong SP. 2004. Quality characteristics of bread with Rubus coreanus Miquel extract. Korean J Food Nutr 17: 272-277.
- Park SH, Joo NM. 2006. Optimization of jelly addition of Morinda cirifolia (Noni) by response surface methodology. Korean J Food Cook Sci 22: 1-11.
- Kim IC. 1999. Manufacture of citron jelly using the citron-extract. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 28: 396-402.
- Kim AJ, Yuh CS, Bang IS, Woo KJ. 2006. Study on preparation and quality of jelly using mulberry leaf powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 22: 56-61.
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 13th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA.
- Lee GD, Yoon SR, Lee MH. 2004. Monitoring of organoleptic and physical properties on preparation of oriental melon jelly. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 1373-1380. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.8.1373
- Cho Y, Choi MY. 2009. Quality characteristics of jelly containing added pomegranate powder and Opuntia humifusa powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 25: 134-142.
- Jin TY, Oh DH, Rhee CO, Chung HJ, Eun JB. 2007. Change of physicochemical characteristics and functional components in the cereals of Saengsik, uncooked food by washing with electrolyzed water. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38:506-512.
- Kim UJ, Ku KH. 2001. Sensory Evaluation Techniques of Food. Hyoil Moonhacsa Co., Seoul, Korea. p 68-72.
- SPSS. 1999. Statistical package for sciences for SPSS for windows. Rel. 10.0. SPSS Inc., Chicago, IL, USA.
- Jung CY, Choi LG. 2002. SPSSWIN for statistics analysis. Version 10.0. 4th ed. Muyok Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea.p 276-283.
- Cha HS, Lee MK, Hwang JB, Park MS, Park KM. 2001. Physicochemical characteristics of Rubus coreanus Miquel. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 1021-1025.
- Kim JH, Kim JK. 2005. Quality of persimmon jelly by various ratio of dried persimmon extract. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 1091-1097. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.7.1091
- Shin KS. 1999. Various pharmacological activities of pectin and its potential application. Food Sci Ind 32: 91-101.
- Mo EK, Kim HH, Kim SM, Jo HH, Sung CK. 2007. Production of sedum extract adding jelly and assessment of its physicochemical properties. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39:619-624.
- Lyu HJ, Oh MS. 2002. Quality characteristics of Omija jelly prepared with various starches. Korean J Food Cook Sci18: 534-542.
- Bai SK. 2006. Natural dyeing of silk fabric dyed with Rubus coreanus Miquel extract. J Kor Soc Cloth Ind 8: 476-480.
- Rhim JW, Lee JW. 2002. Degradation kinetics of anthocyanins in purple-fleshed sweet potato pigment concentrates and a Japanese plum juice based beverage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 238-243.
- Choi HS, Kim MK, Park HS, Shin DH. 2005. Changes in physicochemical characteristics of Bokbunja (Rubu coreanus Miq.) wine during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 574-578.
- Jin TY, Heo SI, Lee WG, Lee IS, Wang MH. 2008. Manufacturing characteristics and physicochemical component analysis of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus) jam. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 48-52. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.48
- Kwak IS, Kim HJ, Oh SB, Chung BW, Jahng KY. 2005. Antioxidant activity of maillard browning reaction products from the various sugars and amino acids model systems. J Eng Res 36: 9-15.
- Lee TW, Lee YH, Yoo MS, Rhee KS. 1991. Instrumental and sensory characteristics of jelly. Korean J Food Sci Technol 23: 336-340.
- Kim AJ, Yuh CS, Bang IS, Park HY, Lee GS. 2007. An investigation the preparation and physicochemical properties of Oddi jelly using mulberry fruit powder. Korean J Food Nutr 20: 27-33.
- Lee JA, Park GS. 2007. Quality characteristics of jelly made with yam powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 23: 884-890.
- Kim AJ, Yuh CS, Bang IS. 2007. A qualitative investigation of Dongchunghacho jelly with assorted increments of Paecilomyces japonica powder. Korean J Food Nutr 20:40-46.
- Park IB, Kim SJ, Ma SJ, Park JW, Jung ST. 2005. Preparation of jelly using enzyme soluble extracts of sea-mustard. Korean J Food Culture 20: 421-425.
- Quality Characteristics of Korean Black Raspberry Bokbunja Wines Produced Using Different Amounts of Water in the Fermentation Process vol.46, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.1.33
- Quality Characteristics of Jelly Containing Aronia (Aronia melanocarpa) Juice vol.47, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.6.738
- Quality Characteristics of Jelly Prepared with Purple Sweet Potato Powder vol.27, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2012.27.6.730
- Changes in quality characteristics of raw ginseng(Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer) pudding during storage vol.29, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2013.29.6.761
- Consumption and Preference for Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) Products vol.27, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.3.011
- Effects of swelled pig skin with various natural vinegars on quality characteristics of traditional Korean blood sausages (Sundae) vol.25, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-016-0247-8
- Browning Prevention of Black Carrot Extract and the Quality Characteristics of Jelly Supplemented with Black Carrot Extract vol.28, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2013.28.3.293
- Quality Properties of Peach Pudding Added with Korean Peach (Prunus persica L. Batsch) Juice and Gelatin vol.43, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.2.265
- Freeze-thawing Conditions to Produce High Quality Bokbunja (Rubus occidentalis) vol.46, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.6.710