- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of the Germinated Brown Rice Vinegar Added with Red Pepper
고추를 첨가한 발아현미 식초의 품질특성
- Park, Chan-Soon (Rural Living Division, Rural Development Adminstration) ;
- Kim, Ki-Sik (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service) ;
- Noh, Jae-Goan (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service) ;
- Rho, Chang-Woo (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service) ;
- Yoon, Hyang-Sik (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service)
- Published : 2010.04.30
This study is to develop vinegar with germinated brown rice and red pepper (Capsicum annuum) for effective use of the rice and red pepper. The vinegar was prepared using the wine fermented from the germinated brown rice supplemented with 10~50% red pepper. Acetic acid fermentation was carried out with 6% (w/v) initial ethanol concentration, at
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. 1998. Crops statistics. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Seoul, Korea.
Tompson JF, Pollard JK, Steward JC. 1952. Investigations of nitrogen compounds and nitrogen metabolism in plants. III.
$\gamma$-aminobutyric acid in plants, with special reference to the potato $\alpha$-amino acids. Plant Physiol 27: 401-414.
- Mody IY, Dedoninck TS, Soltesz OI. 1994. Bringing the cleft at GABA synapses in the brain. Trends Neurosci 17:517-525. https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-2236(94)90155-4
- Krogsgaard-Larsen P. 1989. GABA receptors. In Receptor Pharmacology and Function. Williams M, Glennon RA, Timmermans PMWM, eds. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, USA. p 349-383.
Nakawa K, Onota A. 1996. Accumulation of
$\gamma$-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the rice germ. Food Processing 31: 43-46.
- Farrell KT. 1981. Spices, condiments and seasonings. AVI, New York, USA. p 3.
- Chang UJ, Kim DG, Kim JM, Suh HJ, Oh SH. 2003. Weight reduction effect of extract of fermented red pepper on female college students. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32:479-484. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.479
- Kang JY, Alexander B, Baker F, Man WK. 1992. The effect of chilli ingestion on gastrointestinal mucosal proliferation and azoxymethane induced cancer in the rat. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 7: 194-198. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1746.1992.tb00961.x
- Jang JJ, Kim SH, Yun TK. 1989. Inhibitory effect of capsaicin on mouse lung tumor development. In Vivo 3: 49-54.
- Kwon SH, Jeong EJ, Lee GD, Jeong YJ. 2000. Preparation method of fruit vinegars by two stage fermentation and beverage including vinegar. Food Ind Nutr 5: 18-24.
- Ko EJ, Hur SS, Choi YH. 1998. The establishment of optimum cultural conditions for manufacturing garlic vinegar. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 27: 102-108.
- Shin JS, Lee OS, Jeong YJ. 2002. Changes in the components of onion vinegars by two stages fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 1079-1084.
- Park CS, Oh EH, Jeong HS, Yoon HS. 2009. Quality characteristics of the germinated brown rice wine added with red pepper. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1090-1096. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.8.1090
- Kim YD, Kang SH, Kang SK. 1996. Studies on the acetic acid fermentation using maesil juice. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 25: 695-700.
- Jeong YJ, Seo KI, Kim KS. 1996. Physicochemical properties of marketing and intensive persimmon vinegars. J East Asian Diet Life 6: 355-363.
- Jeong YJ, Shin SR, Kang MJ, Seo CH, Won CY, Kim KS.1996. Preparation and quality evaluation of the quick fermented persimmon vinegar using deteriorated sweet persimmon. J East Asian Diet Life 6: 221-227.
- Jeong JY, Woo KS, Hwang IG, Yoon HS, Lee YR, Jeong HS. 2007. Effects of heat treatment and antioxidant activity of aroma on garlic harvested in different cultivation areas. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1637-1642. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.12.1637
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determination by the use of stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Duncan DB. 1955. Multiple-range and t-test. Biometrics11: 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Park TY. 1991. Studies on changes of color components of red pepper during storage and processing. MS Thesis. Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea.
- Jeong YJ, Shin JH, Park NY, Shin SR, Kim KS. 1999. Changes in the components of persimmon vinegars by two stages fermentation (I). Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6: 228-232.
- In HY, Lee TS, Lee DS, Noh BS. 1995. Volatile components and fusel oils of sojues and mashes brewed by korean traditional method. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 235-240.
- Yuda J. 1976. Volatile compounds from beer fermentation.J Soc Brew Japan 71: 818-830.
- Yoon HN, Moon SY, Song SH. 1998. Volatile compounds and sensory odor properties of commercial vinegars.Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 299-305.
- Van Wyk CJ, Kepner RE, Webb AD. 1967. Some volatile components of Vitis vinifera variety white riesling. J Food Sci 32: 669-674. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1967.tb00860.x
- Martin GE, Burggraff JM, Dyer RH, Busceni DC. 1981. Gas-liquid chromatographic determination of congeners in alcoholic products with confirmation by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. J Assoc Off Anal Chem 64:186-190.
- Suzuki T, Iwai K. 1984. Constituents of red pepper spices:chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, and food science of the pungent principle of Capsicum species. In The Alkaloids. Brossi A, ed. Academic Press, New York, USA. Vol 263,p 227-229.
Sakamoto K, Tabata T, Shirasaki K, Inagaki T, Nakayama S. 1987. Effect of
$\gamma$-oryzanol on cycloartenol ferulic acid ester on cholesterol diet induced hyperlipidemic in rats. Japan J Pharmacol 45: 559-566. https://doi.org/10.1254/jjp.45.559
- Park JS, Lee JO, Yu RN. 1997. Antioxidative effects of capsaicin from red pepper. Food Ind Nutr 2: 93.
- Influences of Freezing and Thawing Temperature on the Quality Characteristics of Mashed Red Pepper vol.25, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.3.691
- Quality Characteristics of Wet Noodles Combined with Cheongyang Hot Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) Juice vol.40, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.860
- Quality Characteristics and Biological Activities of Vinegars Added with Young Leaves of Akebia quinata vol.43, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.7.989