- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Parents' Satisfaction on Foodservice Quality of Kindergartens in Chungbuk Province
충북지역 유치원 급식품질에 대한 학부모 만족도
- Lee, Joo-Young (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Young-Eun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungbuk National University)
- Published : 2010.04.30
The purpose of this study was to examine parents' perceptions towards the importance and performance levels of foodservices quality at kindergartens. The questionnaire was developed to measure the thirty-one quality attributes of foodservice operations. A questionnaire survey was conducted to 500 parents and the return rates were 62.4%. The survey period was from July 15 to August 8, 2008. The parents had a high level of perception toward the need for foodservice, earning 4.46 points out of 5 point. Their perceptions of foodservice quality were examined by six dimensions of importance and performance level. While the parents gave 4 points or greater of 5 points to most quality attributes of importance level, they gave 4 points or less out of 5 points to most quality attributes of performance level. As for the importance and performance level of the quality dimensions of foodservice, parents regarded sanitation as the most important dimension. IPA showed that 'ventilation', 'sanitation of tableware' and 'sanitation of dining tables and chairs' were included as 'focus' areas. The overall satisfaction level for foodservice was 3.74 out of 5 points A higher level of satisfaction was shown at self-operated foodservice system of kindergartens. According to multiple regression analysis, 46.3% of the variance in the respondents' overall satisfaction scores was explained by factors such as food, menu and price, facilities, sanitation, atmosphere and foodservice effects.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. 2007. Guidance on foodservice operation in kindergarten. Korea.
- Kim HJ. 2003. A study on the realities and improvements of the lunch program at institutions of early childhood－focusing on Daejeon city and Chungnam province. MS Thesis. Joongbu University, Chungnam, Korea. p 5-40.
- Choi MS. 2000. Comparison preschool children's favorite food between preschool teachers and parents. MS Thesis. Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea. p 2-3.
- Han IS. 2000. A study on the status of snacks and lunch in kindergarten. MS Thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea. p 3-4.
- Kim JS. 2003. A study on the meal services for kindergarten children, their behaviors during meal time and teacher's guidance in their meal life. MS Thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea. p 7-45.
- Lee Y, Kim MR. 1991. Full-day kindergarten program by development approach. Yangseowon, Seoul, Korea. p 7-14.
- Jang ML, Kim YB. 2003. A study of the actual conditions of kindergarten meals program. Korean J Early Childhood Education 23: 261-284.
- Darke MA. 1992. Menu evolution; nutrient intake of young children. J Nutr Edu 249: 145-148.
- Wright DE, Radiclife JD. 1992. Parent's perceptions of influences on food behavior development of children attending daycare facilities. J Nutr Edu 24: 198-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3182(12)81156-3
- Kim AS. 1999. A study of the actual conditions of kindergarten meals program. MS Thesis. Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea. p 3-30.
- Jung MR, Bae SY, Lee YM. 2000. A study on the nutritional evaluation and foodservice managements of snacks in early childhood education institutes. Korean J Home Econ 38:99-113.
- Ko YE. 2001. A survey on foodservice and snack of kindergartens. MS Thesis. Duksung Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 10-34.
- Kim HJ. 2002. The educational effect of school foodservice.Kyoyukmadang21, Seoul, Korea. p 7.
- Lim JT. 2001. Operational management of kindergartens.Yangseowon, Seoul, Korea. p 4-20.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. 2006. The present state of kindergartens in Korea. Korea.
- Jeon IK. 1994. A research study about the children nursery's feeding system. MS Thesis. Dongguk University, Seoul, Korea. p 20-42.
- Ministry of Health, Welfare and Family Affairs. 2006. The law on kindergarten program. Korea.
- Lim JH. 2004. A study on the dietary life of full-day, half-day program children and their mother of kindergarten in Daejon. MS Thesis. Joongbu University, Gwangju, Korea. p 7-37.
- The Korean Association of Public Kindergarten Teachers. 2003. The present status of supporting system for public kindergartens. Korea. p 10-12.
- Koo JO. 1999. The present status and future scheme in nutrition education for infants. Korean J Community Nutr 4: 23-628.
- Branen L, Fletcher J. 1999. Comparison of collage students' current eating habits and recollections of their childhood food practices. J Nutr Edu 31: 304-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3182(99)70483-8
- Clements IM. 1994. Changing menus changing habits.School Food Service Journal 48: 34-35.
- Hammond GK, Barr SI, McCargar LJ. 1994. Teacher's perceptions and use of an innovative early childhood nutrition education program. J Nutr Edu Behvr 26: 233-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3182(12)80895-8
- Birch LL, Johnson SL, Fisher JA. 1995. Children's eating:The development of food-acceptance patterns. Young Children 50: 71-78.
- Jung MR, Bae SY, Lee KW, Lee YM. 1997. Menu planning for infant's lunch and snacks. Yuyoung Foundation, Seoul, Korea.
- Park JK. 1990. The status of school foodservice program and its improvement proposal in Korea. Korean J Nutr 23:213-218.
- Bae SY, Jung MR. 1996. Educational activities through the snack and lunch time in kindergarten. Korean J Child Studies 17: 117-135.
- Yang IS, Kim OK. 1997. Nutrition education for young children. Daumsaedae, Seoul, Korea. p 3-20.
- Choi KY, Lee HS, Kim EH. 2005. Meal services and young children's eating habit guidances by kindergarten types. J Korea Open Assoc Early Childhood Educ 10: 337-360.
- Choi ES, Lee YE. 2009. Quality evaluation of foodservice within child care centers in Chungbuk province. Korean J Food Culture 24: 267-278.
- Lee YM. 2005. The different view point of child education center foodservice program between the parents and the teachers. Korean J Community Nutr 10: 654-667.
- Heo HK, Kim SH. 1991. Theory and practice on the education for infant's health. Changjisa, Seoul, Korea. p 7-21.
- Chae YM. 1998. Parent's perceptions of guidance on children's eating habits in kindergartens. MS Thesis. Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 3-4.
- Lee MS, Lee JY, Yoon SH. 2006. Assessment of foodservice management performance at child care centers. Korean J Community Nutr 11: 229-239.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. 2009. The law on education for infants. Korea.
- Song KM. 1997. The effect of school foodservice on student's food habit. MS Thesis. Korea National University of Education, Seoul, Korea. p 5-27.
- Yang IS, Lee YE, Cha JA, Chae Is, Kang HS. 2002. School foodservice in Korea: investigation of the operation and management systems. Korean J Community Nutr 7: 361-372.
- Parental Perception and Dietary Behaviors of Preschool Children with Environment-friendly Food Service in Kindergarten vol.27, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2012.27.6.646
- A Comparative Study on Foodservices and Their Satisfactions between Kindergartens with and without Dietitians in Chungnam vol.42, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.2.278
- Parents' Opinions on Foodservices in Daycare Centers of Korea's Compensation and Welfare Service Institute vol.42, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.1.102
- Status of Purchasing Food Materials and Satisfaction with Service Quality of Group-buying Companies in Foodservice at Child-care Centers vol.25, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2015.2.25.1.193
- Analysis of the Importance-Performance Related service management and feeding practices of teachers at mealtime in childcare centers vol.48, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2015.48.3.289
- A Study of Parents' Satisfaction and Needs for Foodservice Quality of the Childcare Centers in Chungnam Asan Area vol.16, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2011.16.4.497
- An Evaluation of the Foodservice Quality and Management of Preschool Foodservice Establishments by IPA - Focusing on Parents of Preschoolers in Metropolitan Area of Korea, China and Japan - vol.28, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2015.28.1.160
- Center for Children's Foodservice Management (CCFSM) Employees' Perception of Difficulties in Performing Tasks vol.44, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.4.619