- Volume 23 Issue 2
The superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) applied into the neural line of a power system, which can limit the unsymmetrical fault current from the single-line ground fault or the double-line ground fault, was reported to be the effective application location of the SFCL in a power system. However, the limiting operation for the symmetrical fault current like the triple line-ground fault is not effective because of properties of the balanced three-phase system. In this paper, the limiting method of the symmetrical fault current in a power system with a SFCL applied into neutral line was suggested. Through the short-circuit experiments of the three-phase fault types for the suggested method, the fault current limiting and recovery characteristics of the SFCL in the neutral line were analyzed and the effectiveness of the suggested method was described.
- E. Thuries, V. D. Pham, Y. Laumond, T. Verhaege, A. Fevrier, M. Collet, and M. Bekhaled, "Toward the superconducting fault current limiter", IEEE Trans. On Power Del., Vol. 6, No. 2, p. 801, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.131138
- W. Paul and M. Chen, "Superconducting control for surge currents", IEEE Spectrum, Vol. 35, p. 49, 1998.
- O.-B. Hyun, S.-D. Cha, H.-R. Kim, H.-S. Choi, and S.-D. Hwang, "Shunt-assisted simultaneous quench of resistive SFCL components in series", IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond., Vol. 13, p. 2060, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.812986
- S.-H. Lim, B.-S. Han, and H.-S. Choi, "Operational characteristics of flux-lock type SFCL using series resonance", Trans. Electr. Electron. Mater., Vol. 6, No. 4, p. 159, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2005.6.4.159
- S.-H. Lim, C.-R. Park, B.-S. Han, H.-M. Park, Y.-S. Cho, and H.-S, Choi, "Fault current limiting characteristics of flux-lock type SFCL with several secondary windings", Trans. Electr. Electron. Mater., Vol. 6, No. 5, p. 193, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2005.6.5.193
- O.-B. Hyun, K.-B. Park, J.-W. Sim, H.-R. Kim, S.-W. Yim, and I.-S. Oh, "Introduction of a hybrid SFCL in KEPCO grid and local points at issue", IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, p. 1946, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2018256
- O.-B. Hyun, J.-W. Sim, H.-R. Kim, K.-B. Park, S.-W. Yim, and I.-S. Oh, "Reliability enhancement of the fast switch in a hybrid superconducting fault current limiter by using power electronic switches", IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, p. 1843, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2018369
- S.-H. Lim, J.-S. Kim, J.-F. Moon, J.-C. Kim, S.-B. Rhee, C.-H. Kim, and O.-B. Hyun, "Quench and recovery characteristics of a SFCL applied into neutral line of a three-phase power system", IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond., Vol. 19, p. 1835, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2017754