- Volume 36 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Impact of Soundproofing Wall of Tunnel on Particulate Matter and Noise
서울시 터널 내 방음벽 설치가 입자상 물질 농도 및 소음 수준에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2010.07.25
- Accepted : 2010.10.19
- Published : 2010.10.31
The Seoul metropolitan government has installed soundproofing walls in road tunnels to improve the tunnel environment for pedestrians. To evaluate the efficiency of these soundproofing walls, we measured noise levels and concentrations of
- Seoul city transportation headquarters, State of vehicle registration. Available from: http://transport.seoul.go.kr/tdata/tdata02_01_14.html
- El-Fadel, M. and Hashisho, Z. : Vehicle emission and air quality assessment in roadway tunnels: the Salim Slam tunnel. Transportation Research Part D, 5, 355-372, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1361-9209(00)00004-3
- Dockey, D. W. and Pope, C. A. : Acute respiratory effects of particulate air pollution. Annual Reviews of Public Health, 15, 107-132, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pu.15.050194.000543
- Anderson, K. R., Avol, E. I., Edward, S. A., Shamoo, D. A., Peng, R. C., Linn, W. S. and Hackney, J. D. : Controlled exposure of volunteers to respirable carbon and sulfuric acid aerosols. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association, 42, 770-776, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1992.10467028
- Harrison, R. M. and Yin, J. : Particulate matter in the atmosphere: which particle properties are important for its effects on health? Science of the Total Environment, 249, 85-101, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(99)00513-6
- Sioutas, C., Delfino, R. J. and Singh, M. : Exposure assessment for atmospheric ultrafine particles (UFPs) and implications in epidemiologic research. Environmental Health Perspective, 113, 947-955, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.7939
- Brown, J. S., Zeman, K. L. and Bennett, W. D. : Ultrafine particle deposition and clearance in the healthy and obstructed lung. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 166, 1240-1247, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200205-399OC
- Seaton, A., MacNee, W., Donaldson, K. and Godden, D. : Particulate air pollution and acute health effects. Lancet, 345, 176-178, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(95)90173-6
- Cheng, Y. C., Liu, Z. S. and Chen, C. C. : On-road measurements of ultrafine particle concentration profiles and their size distributions inside the longest highway tunnel in Southeast Asia. Atmospheric Environment, 44, 763-772, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2009.11.040
- Wolfgang, B., Bernd, B., Marianne, S., Norbert, K. and Hartmut, I. : Traffic Noise and Risk of Myocardial Infarction. Epidemiology, 16, 33-40, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ede.0000147104.84424.24
- Chiang, H. L. and Huang, Y. S. : Particulate matter emissions from on-road vehicles in a freeway tunnel study. Atmospheric Environment, 43, 4014-4022, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2009.05.015
- Knibbs, L. D., Richard, J. D., Lindia, M. and Mengersen, K. L. : On-road ultrafine particle concentration in the M5 east road tunnel. Atmospheric Environment, 43, 3510-3519, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2009.04.029
- He, L. Y., Hu, M., Zhang, Y. H., Huang, X. F. and Yao, T. T. : Fine particle emissions from on-road vehicles in the Zhujiang tunnel, China. Environmental Science & Technology, 42, 4461-4466, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1021/es7022658
- Vardoulakis, S., Fisher, B. E. A. and Pericieous, K. : Modeling air quality in street canyon: a review. Atmospheric Environment, 37, 155-182, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(02)00857-9
- Lee, S. W. and Cha, S. G. : A fundamental study for the performance improvement soundproofing walls around express railroad. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 19(10), 195-202, 2003.
- Kim, S. W., Kim, K. M., Park, H. K., Kim, H. R. and Kim, T. W. : An experimental study on the noise attenuation characteristics of noise barriers in the apartment housing development. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 16(8), 135-142, 2000.
- Jhun, J. S., Kim, D. S., Park, D. S., Han, K. M., Lee, H. C., Lee, J. and Kim, J. H. : Changes of indoor air quality in a platform by installing PSDs. Journal of the Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 18-22, 2009.
- Nam, J. H., Park, K. S., Son, W. T., Ko, J. L. and Shin, J. W. : A Study of the Indoor Noise Reduction by Installation of Platform Screen Doors in a Subway. International Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration, 1130-1135, 2010.
- Larsson, B.-M., Sehlstedt, M., Grunewald, J., Skold, C. M., Lundin, A., Blomberg, A., Sandstrom, T., Eklund, A. and Svartengren, M. : Road tunnel air pollution induces bronchoalveolar inflammation in healthy subjects. European Respiratory Journal, 29, 699-705, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00035706
- Ministry of Environment : A study of improvement to road traffic noise. A Book of Ministry of Environment, 2004.
- Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency (KOSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute : A Study on Health Protective Condition of Subway Workers among Advanced Countries. A Research Paper, 2006-51-709, 2006.
- William, C. H. : Aerosol Technology Second Edition. John Wiley & Sons, INC, 1999.
- Bari, S. and Naser, J. : Simulation of airflow and pollution levels caused by severe traffic jam in a road tunnel. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 25, 70-77, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2009.09.004
- Kristensson, A., Johansson, C., Westerholm, R., Swietlicki, E., Gidhagen, L., Wideqvist, U. and Vesely, V. : Real-world traffic emission factors of gases and particles measured in a road tunnel in Stockholm, Sweden. Atmospheric Environment, 38, 657-673, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2003.10.030
- John, C., Friedrich, R., Staehelin, J., Schlapfer, K. and Stahel, W. A. : Comparison of emission factors for road traffic from a tunnel study(Gubrist tunnel, Switzerland) and from emission modeling. Atmospheric Environment, 33, 3367-3376, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(98)00377-X
- Dallmann, T. R. and Harley, R. A. : Evaluation of mobile source emission trends in the United States. Journal of Geophysical Research, 115, D14305, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1029/2010JD013862
- Ministry of land, transportation and maritime affairs, Office of transport policy, Safety management of structures as bridge, tunnel, etc. Available from: http://transport.mltm.go.kr/USR/WPGE0201/m_19444/DTL.jsp
- Svartengren, M., Strand, V., Bylin, G., Jarup, L. and Pershagen, G. : Short-term exposure to air pollution in a road tunnel enhances the asthmatic response to allergen. European Respiratory Journal, 15, 716-724, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1399-3003.2000.15d15.x
- Lough, G. C., Schauer, J. J., Park, J. S., Shafer, M. M., Deminter, J. T. and Weinstein, J. P. : Emissions of metals associated with vehicle roadways. Environmental Science & Technology, 39, 826-836, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1021/es048715f
- Chung, H. J., Ryu, Y. J. and Chung, M. C. : Numerical noise analysis of high-speed railway system with various shapes of noise barrier. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 24(2D), 285-292, 2004.