- Volume 13 Issue 5
International Cooperative Activities for the Engineering Education between Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany, and Niigata University, Japan
- Sato, Takashi (Niigata University) ;
- Wisweh, Lutz (Otto-von-Guericke-Universitat Magdeburg) ;
- Sakamoto, Shuichi (Niigata University) ;
- Shimizu, Tadaaki (Niigata University) ;
- Ikeda, Hideki (Niigata University) ;
- Oka, Tetsuo (Niigata University) ;
- Tanabe, Yuji (Niigata University)
- Received : 2009.12.04
- Accepted : 2010.11.05
- Published : 2010.11.30
We report about the international cooperative activities for the engineering education between a German University and a Japanese University. After the experiences for 15 years of cooperation, both in research and student exchange, we learned a lot about the differences between these two educational systems. This report summarizes the differences and the future perspective for the improvement of engineering education based on the understanding of the differences, including advantages and disadvantages, between two educational systems.
- T. Sato, T. Maruyama, M. Goda, T. Hasegawa, and M. Sengoku (2004). Curriculums and Educational Methods Developed for Students from a Technical High School in Niigata University, The 9th World Conference on Continuing Engineering Education, Tokyo, Japan.
- T. Sato (2004). The cooperation of Industrial Education and Engineering Education in Japan - Curricula and entrance examinations developed for students from technical high schools -, The 2004 International Conference on Industrial and Technology Education for the 21st Century in East Asia.
- T. Sato, C. Sobczyk, S. Sakamoto, N. Ishii, Y. Tanabe, M. Goda, T. Maruyama, T. Hasegawa, H. Ohkawa and L. Wisweh (2008). Differences of Engineering Education Systems between Japan and Germany - Consideration about "Before and After Graduation" -, The 11th World Conference on Continuing Engineering Education, Atlanta, USA.