- Volume 13 Issue 5
Reformation of Engineering Education and Asian-Pacific Network
- Lee, Joong-Woo
- Received : 2009.12.04
- Accepted : 2010.11.05
- Published : 2010.11.30
Recently, engineering work become very important for the leaders of the information society for the future knowledge in the 21st century and the goal of engineering education is to prepare people to practice engineering as a profession and also to spread technological literacy, increase student interest in technical careers through science and math education. The College of Engineering (COE) of Korea Maritime University (KMU) aims to be the center of both IT-related high industrial technology and the industries related to port, shipbuilding and the ocean. Especially COE focuses on the educational principles to contribute to the development of the country and the regional communities by educating specialists that have international competitiveness. With the need to expand international collaboration in terms of engineering work, it is proposed to initiate a new state of the Asian-Pacific body of engineering conference. To the extent possible the basic discussion was made to expose elements and supports as full-scale illustration of the engineering conference. The result is a body that evokes multi agreement and joint declaration among members.
Engineering education;International collaboration;Asian-Pacific body;Engineering conference
- Douglas, J., Iverson, E., and Kalyandurg, C. (2004). Engineering in the K-12 classroom: An analysis of current practices and guidelines for the future, American Society for Engineering Education, WA, DC.
- Dym, C. L., Agogino, A. M, Eris, O., Frey, D. D., and Leifer, L. J. (2005), "Engineering Design Thinking, Teaching, and Learning", Journal of Engineering Education 94 (1): 103-120. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2168-9830.2005.tb00832.x
- Wankat, P. C. and Oreovicz, F. S. (1993), Teaching Engineering, McGraw-Hill New York.
- Lee, J. W. (2009), Reformation of Engineering Education in KMU, The 1st Asia Conference for Engineering Education 2009, Busan, Korea.
- Lee, J. W. (2009), Asian-Pacific International Cooperation in Engineering Work, The Fourth International Symposium: Development of the Global Double Degree Program, 2009, Tokushima, Japan.
- OECD STI (2006), OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2006.