- Volume 20 Issue 3
A Pilot Study on Creativity.Personality Education for the Gifted in Future: Focused on Perception of Gifted Teachers
미래사회 영재의 창의.인성 교육을 위한 예비 연구 - 현장 영재교사의 인식 중심으로
- Park, Kyung-Bin (Kyung Won University) ;
- Lee, Mi-Soon (Daegu University) ;
- Chun, Mi-Ran (Seoul National University)
- Received : 2010.09.29
- Accepted : 2010.12.14
- Published : 2010.12.31
This study examined the perception of gifted teachers toward 'conception of creativity personality education,' 'methodology of creativity personality education,' and 'support of creativity personality education' in the future gifted education. As a result, gifted teachers conceptualized creativity personality education as education to foster creative social capitals(social + moral leaders), which showed movement from gifted education focused on cognitive development into future-developmental orientation. Gifted teachers mentioned education to foster social sensitivity, creativity, and leadership as methodology of creativity personality education. More specifically, they recommended inductive curriculum in learning and teaching in order to encourage domain-specific giftedness. As pointing not to separate creativity personality education for gifted from a formal education but to deploy with conjunction with it, gifted teachers mentioned the social recognition for creativity personality education and the development of teacher's professionalism and educational programs.
Supported by : 한국과학창의재단
- 박경빈, 전미란, 이미순 (2010). 미래사회 영재를 위한 창의․인성 교육방안 연구. 한국창의재단.
- 이형우 (2008). 불확실성 시대의 창의적 인재 키우기. 서울: 한국생산성 본부.
- Ardelt, M. (1997). Wisdom and life satisfaction in old age. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 52B, 15-27. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/52B.1.P15
- Dixon, F. A., & Moon, S. M. (2006). The handbook of secondary gifted education Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Cantor, N. (1994). Life task problem solving: Situational affordances and personal needs. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 20, 235-243. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167294203001
- Gardner, H. (1993). Multiple intelligences. NY: Basic Books.
- Gardner, H. (1999). Intelligence reframed: Multiple intelligences for the 21st century. NY: Basic Books.
- Gardner, H. (2006). 김한영(역)(2008). 미래마인드: 미래를 성공으로 이끌 다섯 가지 마음 능력. 서울: 재인.
- Goleman, D. (1995). Emotional intelligence. New York: Bantam Books.
- Kekes, J. (1995). Moral wisdom and good lives. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- Landrum, M. A., Callahan, C. M., & Shaklee, B. D. (2001). 이미순(역)(2009). 수월성 지향 을 위한 영재프로그램 기준: NAGC 유아-유치-12학년 영재프로그램 기준에 대한 주석. 서울: 박학사.
- Langer, E. J. (1997). The power of mindful learning. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co, Inc.
- Reis, S. M. (1995). Talent ignored, talent diverted: The cultural contest underlying giftedness in females. Gifted Child Quarterly, 39, 162-170. https://doi.org/10.1177/001698629503900306
- Renzulli, J. S. (1998). The three-ring conception of giftedness. In S. M. Baum, S. M. Reis & L. R. Maxfield (Eds.), Nurturing the gift and talent of primary grade students (pp. 1-28). Mansfield Center, CT: Creative Learning Press.
- Renzulli, J. S. (2002). Expanding the conception of giftedness to include co-cognitive traits and to promote social capital. Phi Delta Kappan, 84, 33-40, 57-58.
- Renzulli, J. S. (2003). Conception of giftedness and its relationship to the development of social capital. In N. Colangelo & G. A. Davis (Eds.), Handbook of gifted education (3rd Ed., pp. 75-99). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Renzulli, J. S. (2004). Expanding the umbrella: An interview with Joseph Renzulli. Reoper Review, 26, 65-67. https://doi.org/10.1080/02783190409554243
- Renzulli, J. S., Koehler, J. L., & Fogarty, E. A. (2006). Operation houndstooth intervention theory: Social capital in today's schools. Gifted Child Today, 29, 14-24.
- Salovey, P., & Mayer, J. D. (1990). Emotional intelligence. Imagination, Cognition, and Perception, 9, 185-211.
- Sternberg, R. J. (1990a). Metaphors of mind: Conceptions of the nature of intelligence. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Sternberg, R. J. (1990b). Wisdom: Its nature, origins, and development. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Sternberg, R. J. (1998). A balance theory of wisdom Review of General Psychology, 2, 347-365.
- Sternberg, R. J. (1999). The theory of successful intelligence. Review of General Psychology, 3, 292-316.
- Sternberg, R. J. (2003). Wisdom, Intelligence, and Creativity Synthesized. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Sternberg, R. J. (2003). 김정희(역) (2004). 지혜, 지능 그리고 창의성의 종합. 서울: 시그마 프레스.
- Sternberg, R. J. (2005a). WICS: A model of giftedness in leadership. Roeper Review, 28, 37-44. https://doi.org/10.1080/02783190509554335
- Sternberg, R. J. (2005b). The WICS model of organizational leadership. Retrieved April 10, 2010, from http://www.hks.harvard.edu/leadership/Pdf/SternbergWorkingPaper.pdf.
- Systma, R. E. (2003). Co-cognitive factors and socially-construction giftedness: Distribution, abundance, and relevance among high student. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.
- Varela, F. J. (1999). Ethical know-how: Action, wisdom, and cognition. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.