- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Modeling for New Type Backlight Units
신개념 백라이트유닛 모델링
- Lee, Kwang-Hoon (Department of Advanced Fusion Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Jee, Seung-Hyun (Department of Material Science & Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Soo-Hyun (Department of Material Science & Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Yoon, Young-Soo (Department of Material Science & Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Soo-Ho (GS nanotech, Caltex New Energy Development Center)
- 이광훈 (건국대학교 신기술융합학과) ;
- 지승현 (연세대학교 신소재공학과) ;
- 김수현 (연세대학교 신소재공학과) ;
- 윤영수 (연세대학교 신소재공학과) ;
- 김수호 (GS칼텍스 신에너지연구센터 GS나노텍)
- Received : 2009.12.14
- Accepted : 2010.03.15
- Published : 2010.04.25
In order to obtain thinner and brighter backlight units (BLU), we simulated a new-type backlight unit. A micro-lens array sheet was formed on the upper plane of the light guide plate (LGP) comprising the backlight unit. Also, in order to match with the LGP, we simulated a functional optical sheet. The conventional BLU uses one LGP and four optical sheets, but we simulated a BLU that uses one optical sheet. Simulation results have revealed that our BLU can achieve the same luminance and 30% better view angle as compared with conventional ones.
- M. Anandan, “LCD Backlighting,” Society for Informational Display Seminar Lecture Notes, 169-250 (2002).
- K. Kalantar, “Optical design of light-guide plates for illumination systems used in mobile phones and PDAs,” Asia display, IDW 2001, 517-520 (2001).
- D. M. Brown, R. Dean, and J. D. Brown, “LED backlight : design, fabrication, and testing,” Proc. SPIE 3938, 180-187(2000).
- T. R. Jay, M. B. Stern, and R. E. Knowlden, “Effect of refractive microlens array fabrication parameters on optical quality,” Proc. SPIE 1751, 236-245 (1992).
- K. H. Hong, “Design of Micro lens array,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 5, 204-211 (1994).
- Simulation of Luminance and Uniformity of LGP According to the Laser Scattering Pattern vol.21, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2010.21.6.225
- Study on the Optimization of the Optical Structure of Lenticular-Lens Films for LCD Backlight Applications vol.22, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2011.22.6.247
- Development of Hybrid Machining System and Hybrid Process Technology for Ultra-fine Planing and Micro Punching vol.12, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2013.12.6.010